Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Resil change - Thoughts on paladins?

if they gave a suspension at all i'm going to say that it is very possible. a few months ago GMs would tell you you are are boned on a ninjaed item.

You are saving yourself from icc 25 because you are main spec ret and they MIGHT bring you in to tank? Bro, you need a new guild.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    if they gave a suspension at all i'm going to say that it is very possible. a few months ago GMs would tell you you are are boned on a ninjaed item.

You are saving yourself from icc 25 because you are main spec ret and they MIGHT bring you in to tank? Bro, you need a new guild.
    lol, umm lets see, how to say this without talking forever.

I raided with this guild in ulduar as ret, did my usual quit wow during football, and when i came back in october they had picked up 4 rets >.> So i had the choice of being a 4th tank with my t8 prot gear that i grabbed as off set, or raid on my rogue (we also had no rogues when i returned, so this was encouraged). So that rogue is my raiding toon, and the pally pve's as prot (to get the guilds 2nd ICC 10 man in) and pvp's ret (with full intentions of going back to full ret come cata). Hopefully that is kind of understandable.
    Einstien trolled Newton so hard with general relativity

Quote Originally Posted by mypally
    lol, umm lets see, how to say this without talking forever.

I raided with this guild in ulduar as ret, did my usual quit wow during football, and when i came back in october they had picked up 4 rets >.> So i had the choice of being a 4th tank with my t8 prot gear that i grabbed as off set, or raid on my rogue (we also had no rogues when i returned, so this was encouraged). So that rogue is my raiding toon, and the pally pve's as prot (to get the guilds 2nd ICC 10 man in) and pvp's ret (with full intentions of going back to full ret come cata). Hopefully that is kind of understandable.
    ah, rogue main. understandable than. I still say you try to pug it for the axe as it is going to be a lot better than the 264 pvp weapon.
    Pondering returning.

I've been praying they'll do something to help out PvP oriented rets since they took away Seal of Blood. They really need to design us a whole new seal for PvP because Righteousness isn't cutting it being that the seal damage can't crit and all. I'd even settle for an old version of command before they butchered it. They need to hook us up with some tools as well. All the other melee have an interrupt (with the exception of maybe feral druids?) so why are we the exception? All other melee have a slow or snare of some kind, so again why are we the exception? Ret needs a buff there is no denying this. But it will never happen because the entire community will cry tears of blood. We will remain the red headed step child blizzard always wanted us to be. If I didn't love the class so damn much I would've rerolled a long time ago.
    R.I.P Ronnie James Dio 1942 - 2010

10+ Year Old Account

ah, rogue main. understandable than. I still say you try to pug it for the axe as it is going to be a lot better than the 264 pvp weapon.
    if you get bored, look up echo isles, or make a lvl 1 toon. I'm sure you will feel my pain regarding my chances of a 25 man pug killing something (took us 10 wipes to kill beasts + jar for the weekly this week, with an avg ilvl of 235 or so in the raid >.>)

Actually it's considered scamming if you give loot rules in a raid and don't follow through with them, which is what he got the suspension for, but if someone only gets a slap on the wrist for it, I doubt they will do very much to people simply ninjaing in the future.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Judicium
    I've been praying they'll do something to help out PvP oriented rets since they took away Seal of Blood. They really need to design us a whole new seal for PvP because Righteousness isn't cutting it being that the seal damage can't crit and all. I'd even settle for an old version of command before they butchered it. They need to hook us up with some tools as well. All the other melee have an interrupt (with the exception of maybe feral druids?) so why are we the exception? All other melee have a slow or snare of some kind, so again why are we the exception? Ret needs a buff there is no denying this. But it will never happen because the entire community will cry tears of blood. We will remain the red headed step child blizzard always wanted us to be. If I didn't love the class so damn much I would've rerolled a long time ago.
    that is why you should support my motion to have casters be op in cata, so we can retake ret, and pallies as a whole

that is why you should support my motion to have casters be op in cata, so we can retake ret, and pallies as a whole
    It has long been my hope that something will attract all the FotM rerollers away from my beloved class. Let's hope you're right!

if you get bored, look up echo isles, or make a lvl 1 toon. I'm sure you will feel my pain regarding my chances of a 25 man pug killing something (took us 10 wipes to kill beasts + jar for the weekly this week, with an avg ilvl of 235 or so in the raid >.>)
    ...oww. holy cow.

looked up your server, yeah that is bad progress. Though, i dont get how the guild with insanity isnt your server rank #1.

this trying to stop swearing on public forums is getting on my nerves. 'Holy cow' makes me sound like a child. (i dont want a banhammer mod to get upity on me)
    Pondering returning.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Kaydios
    Maybe rets will get a 'kick' ability?
    Yeah, give paladins a kick ability and prepare for "OMG BUT MAGES HAVE LONGER SCHOOL LOCKDOWN" and "OMG BUT SHAMANS HAVE LOWER COOLDOWN"

Sometimes it's about learning to adjust rather than crying that your poor cleave comps *might* not work anymore..

Gotta admit that 1v1 / 2v2 vs healers might end up to me impossible, but apparently nobody will focus on balancing those out, as it interferes with bigger teams' balance

Quote Originally Posted by mikmik
    Yeah, give paladins a kick ability and prepare for "OMG BUT MAGES HAVE LONGER SCHOOL LOCKDOWN" and "OMG BUT SHAMANS HAVE LOWER COOLDOWN"

Sometimes it's about learning to adjust rather than crying that your poor cleave comps *might* not work anymore..

Gotta admit that 1v1 / 2v2 vs healers might end up to me impossible, but apparently nobody will focus on balancing those out, as it interferes with bigger teams' balance
    you need to think before you post. We cant adjust when we were being phased out because our damage and utillity weren't enough to compete before every healer is getting a built in divine guardian.
    Pondering returning.

Deleted

Touche..

No, that's how it goes in an ever evolving MMO, things change, and for that they need to test how stuff works out, even the designers have already stated that it's a test, they have a reverse on mind in case it doesn't work out and you're making a post to complain before the change even really affected the play..

I, for one, wish that paladins were totally re-vamped, to make them competitive, but only when in good hands.. cos as it is they're either totally useless no matter how skilled, or totally faceroll to the point where a monkey can reach top ratings.

Then again, revamp would make the monkeys cry, so it's not gonna happen.

They'll probably revamp us AGAIN in 4.0 like they do every new expansion. And then after a few weeks we'll be nerfed back down to an under powered state. :-\

But hey, maybe they will finally just stick by there choices and tell all the whiners to go to hell.

I could live without the snare/slow I suppose. But the interrupt is absolutely something we need. There is nothing I hate more than fighting a lock and watching him just chain fears on me knowing damn well there isn't anything I can do about it. Hell I'd even settle for a spell reflect type ability. Maybe a spell that surrounds us with a shield for 5-6 seconds reflecting the next spell cast on us. Sure it wouldn't help us against healers but it would be better than what we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by mikmik

But then again retri paladins have pretty much ALWAYS had a problem with healers, due to not having anything else than hoj and rep. Pretty much the only comp that is GOOD is with a hunter + healer. I don't think paladins should get a kick, however retri paladins do need to be worked on.
    Not much is needed but alittle bit is.

Shit's gonna be so cash, 2x dps in 2's going to be viable for ret yh. Also killing healers in 2's will be isimode yh (even easier then it is now and now it's rly easy).
    ???:warrior:
    http://ask-a-ret.blogspot.com/ - Best paladin blog EU no jk.

Quote Originally Posted by myrkyr
    Nerd rage moar!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    He probably tried to kill a resto druid at WSG, got cycloned and started a new thread complaning how ret paladins are bad for pvp.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow_Sorrow
    but no bold random barks.
    FIRETRUCK!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffmeister
    Shit's gonna be so cash, 2x dps in 2's going to be viable for ret yh. Also killing healers in 2's will be isimode yh (even easier then it is now and now it's rly easy).
    ???:warrior:
    this troll isn't banned yet why?

also on topic. this resil change means we can now wear more pve gear in pvp (same for other plate wearers) as the amount of resil we need to achieve the deirable dmg reduction has be cut in half. so while that full pvp geared relentless/furious priest wil have double the dmg mitigation we can now put out more dmg thanks to being able to wear more pve gear. will this offset each other? no but this will mean the partner(s) will be more of a bigger choice than before.

I think you should be glad. Ret paladin normaly uses ton of resil, because they do not need to worry about arpen cap, and because they normaly are the main target.

Ret is fine at pvp. Of course that you might have problems to solo a heal, but arenaing is hardly about soloing healers. Actually, this nerf will make the classes that actually could (warriors/warlocks mainly) to have to rethink their strategy.

The biggest issue for ret right now is pret. Pret is superior in almost everyway, like prot-holy used to be.

For Holys: Damn. I just had regemed old heroic ToC gear for arenas. Wasted gold. But I can see now doublehealing/arms shinning again.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenko
    this troll isn't banned yet why?
    Trolling =/= sarcasm.
    http://ask-a-ret.blogspot.com/ - Best paladin blog EU no jk.

Quote Originally Posted by myrkyr
    Nerd rage moar!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    He probably tried to kill a resto druid at WSG, got cycloned and started a new thread complaning how ret paladins are bad for pvp.