Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Warrior tanks help!

It's really not hard to get hit. I don't gem it at all and I'm sitting at 6.3%.

Granted I only have 32k armor unbuffed, so I assume your in ICC gear and I aint :P

As for expertise, some bosses still parry-haste. Not many, but some do. Regardless, it's not like 26 is hard to get =\

And about block

Quote Originally Posted by coolaide2
    Both block rating and block value are bad stats to aim for unless for certain specific encounters
    Quote Originally Posted by seam
    And also, they mean block value, not rating. Block value makes you block for more (Not more often), and makes shield slam do more damage. Personally I avoid it, but it's not a terrible stat.
    I never said it was good, I said it's not terrible. It's not like wearing int.

The value of hit as a warrior tank can't really be argued. You should be able to get to 8% pretty easily with just gear alone. People may or may not do well without it but in every case I'd say it's a good thing to have. Chances are that people who have low hit and stack stamina like an idiot get helped on threat by Hunters or Rogues and are rarely ever an off-tank.
    8% is fairly key to raiding for a warrior as it means our taunt can no longer miss, which on fights like Saurfang is rather important. It also helps keep you at a very healthy rage level as an off-tank with glyph of Heroic Strike.
    The same thing is the case with exp
    Quote Originally Posted by seam
    As for expertise, some bosses still parry-haste. Not many, but some do. Regardless, it's not like 26 is hard to get =\
    Lastly, block is as a tank has its value. Anything with adds it becomes nearly necessary due to how it relates to damage shield and critical block. While it's not the key to all warrior tanking, ignoring it isn't in you best interest. Having a high value and % on all your defense statistics can lead to being unhittiable (outside of ICC due to Chill of the Throne) which can become like another shield wall or last stand in some cases.
    Blizzard, please nerf paper, scissors are fine.

Regards,
    Rock

As I said block rating and value are good in situational use BUT I dont think we should br giving people the wrong message that its viable in a general tank set for raiding, I just dont wanna confuse the poor guy whose just looking for quick easy answers on what will suit him best.
    That being said its always interesting to debate tanking preferences probably best not doing it in a place where people are begginers or whatever.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz
    get exalted with sons of hodir for he shoulder chant and get exalted with Argent Crusade to get the head chant.

fixxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxed

Look up me on armory - its a great raid spec + glyphs.

Heroics you charge(sometimes) never bosses. Thunder clap, shockwave and cleave, shield block and shield slam main target because DPS should be on your main target and just stand there thunderclapping and cleaving.

You never charge a raid boss, revenge glyph is good for threat obviously and damage since its 1 of the most threat per seconds moves we have, also in heroics and trash the stun is okay.

When fighting a boss i run in blood rage, heroic throw, shield block then shield slam devistate + heroic strike spam until a revenge or shield slam comes up, once i have decent threat i do commanding and thunder clap.

There are many specs some for raiding with improved shield wall, some for heroics with improved cleave and some for threat which is the bleed effects in arms. Do not take cruelty.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjons
    You never charge a raid boss, revenge glyph is good for threat obviously and damage since its 1 of the most threat per seconds moves we have, also in heroics and trash the stun is okay.
    strange I charge alot of raid bosses... why wouldnt we charge a raid boss.