More variation in weapons and gear ?

I would like to see more variation in the weapon and gear design in wow.
    Not necessarily different stats or abilities, but different looks.
    If you look through Dalaran f.ex. you often see people wearing the same weapon or gear.
    Titansteel: Destroyer, Spellblade etc etc for one (a while back of course).
    I think it'd add to the diversity in the life of the average wow player.

Just my two cents.

Re: More variation in weapons and gear ?

whell if everyone is clearing the same raid instance or farms the same heroics then it happens that people get the same loot and therefor the same looks.

AKA by making everyone see the raids and giving triumphs from heroics they also made everyone look close to the same and remove epicness of for example a full sunwell set.

There simply arent enough different armorset/weapon layouts imo.
    I know it will take some effort from Blizz to do this, but hey...

Unless you plan to make armor with same stats and weapons with same stats, just different looks, there will always be some "best in slot" people will aim for. So you'd pretty much end up with very simmilar gear anyway.

Also, making new models and skins is NOT EASY. And it's definitely not possible to just spout 45 different armor models per instance. And even if they did that, the models would soon look like crap and / or you'd see "This set is just Txx with less fangs" threads.
    “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.”
    ~G.B. Shaw

They really need to make the non-tier pieces have their own looks.

I know its alot to ask... but they do many many other taxing things to add to the gaming experience.
    So tbh i dont think 4-6 new armor/weapon set layouts is too much to ask.

15+ Year Old Account

BLizz is gona remove the slight diference we got.
    In cata every class has THE best stat for their class and the items for thei class/specc is perfectly made for them. This is gona make every single ret pala for example look almost the same.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

you'll probably see a lot different looking armor in catty with the homoginization of stats meaning less items overall need to be created.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Professor
    Unless you plan to make armor with same stats and weapons with same stats, just different looks, there will always be some "best in slot" people will aim for. So you'd pretty much end up with very simmilar gear anyway.

Also, making new models and skins is NOT EASY. And it's definitely not possible to just spout 45 different armor models per instance. And even if they did that, the models would soon look like crap and / or you'd see "This set is just Txx with less fangs" threads.
    They do however have a larger supply of unused skins and models they can use.

I wouldn't mind a little recycling either. There are plenty of older skins that look awesome.
    Perhaps change minor details before implementing, nothing major.

But there is a litte three word phrase that goes "Best-in-slot" wich makes this no viable. They have to make bosses drop the exact same mace, just with a different name and model.

But yes, bring back Benediction. and that awesome hunterstsaff!

They had lots of different looks for gear in BC... and people complained it didnt match.

They fixed that in WotLK and people complained it all looks the same and not enough variation.

with the next expansion focusing on dragons/nature, it will no doubt lead to "my wings aren't sparkly enough.."

err... so I assume you never played vanilla wow or TBC?

If you didn't raid in TBC or Vanilla Wow, you looked like a clown from a circus. They changed armor so they'd actually match this time and I think it's doing great.

If anything, make it so there are many different graphics for a given item. Make a two tiered rolling system where the first one determines which item the boss will drop and the 2nd roll determines which graphic the item will look like.

For example, boss dies, first roll is between 0 and 9 therefore a shield with +int and +stam drops(for casters). Then the 2nd roll say is between 20-39, this means the 2nd graphic model for this shield will be used. So basically for each item there are 5 different graphic designs. One variation might be more glowy effects, or the shield will be in a different shape or what not. In games like Borderlands, there are many different variation to the same gun just be changing the stock or gun barrel, so it's kind of like that. Would give people standing around in the new main city a more diverse look.