Ok so im not usually some one to do this..

Right, i know once apon a time everyone was a noob and didn't know thier talent tree's from thier spell books, or maybe you were born pro? , anyways.
    Im level 77 this is my first alt that ive managed to get this high and im currently just runnin though dungeon to dungeon, and this morning i was placed in Gundrak, fair do's i quite like that one, but little did i know horror would be inside this run!!!

Ok so it all started off ok, first boss was the snake guy, paladin dps'er died, healer ignored him so i had to ress him, didn't bother me to much ( im a balance druid btw ) he then died again seconds after, and yes i had to ress him. we got to the next boss, which being that watery-mojo son of a gun, healer died, i quikly threw in a combat ress, he then died again, but luckily we managed to finnish him off. After this the healer exclaimed "Ruffian is doing shit dps, this group is so bad, im out" Ruffian was the tank ¬¬
    So with out a healer we put ourselves into the looking for hoping to find a healer, i suggested i would go to my duel spec and heal whils't we were looking for a healer, in doing so i got shouted at for not healing people, when i thought i was doing alright? but then the hunter started to pull more and more, and not even wait for the tank after he had said brb, then i got the blame for not healing him and the tank more, we got a new healer, thank god i can go back to mah sexy moonkin.
    Last two bosses hunter kept pulling and when he kept dieing because of it, he would go off on one and start saying healers today are rubbish. We finnally managed to do it, with just the new shaman healer left who threw in a earthshock.
    ergo facto, im scared for other servers and the new batch of 80's who are about to enter the scene!! Now it is a QQ here and im not affraid to admit that, but also, any other of you had any groups that make you feel as if you want to pull out your eyes and cook them and feed them to your dog?

p.s sorry if this is already a topic, i just needed to vent some anger out!!!
    LOLOLOLOL LELELELELELELE 1337

Re: Ok so im not usually some one to do this..

Im Leveling a drood healer at the moment in Outland. i hope things are going to get better as i am starting to encounter more and more people who don't have a clue or even put the effort in to find out how to do things. Had a DK tank the other night who didn't understand how to use pestulance and insisted to tank 2 -3 packs at a time. of course i always got healing agro and he didnt every get mobs off me which was ofcourse my falut?!

its amazing how everyone can QQ about the game been so easythen be so very bad at it.

I hope to god in Cat. that they will make some 5 mans which require CC and not just AE everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Drathir
    Im Leveling a drood healer at the moment in Outland. i hope things are going to get better as i am starting to encounter more and more people who don't have a clue or even put the effort in to find out how to do things. Had a DK tank the other night who didn't understand how to use pestulance and insisted to tank 2 -3 packs at a time. of course i always got healing agro and he didnt every get mobs off me which was ofcourse my falut?!

its amazing how everyone can QQ about the game been so easythen be so very bad at it.

I hope to god in Cat. that they will make some 5 mans which require CC and not just AE everything.
    CC in cat was already discussed here and many believe its not gonna happen because you had a whole "generation" so to speak miss the CC era and will not wanna do it in cata

I would suggest that you have met the worst group possible. I can't really relate to any of these stories, however, I'm currently leveling a Druid (currently feral) and I've met quite a few people that would fit on my /facepalm list.

In Vanilla, you met these same types of people, but back then you could blame a lack of skill, knowledge or even brain. Right now however, a full BoA Paladin doing the same thing as a Vanilla Paladin (lololadin runs in 5 mobs, raises weapon, then realizes his hp dropped to 2% and bubbles, healer dies already being oom from the previous fight, right after ressing the tank that died due to this same situation, 15 seconds before.) This time however, the reason is having a surplus of skill, a surplus of gear and a surplus of arrogance. The only thing the Vanilla Paladin and the WoTLK Paladin have in common, is a lack of brains.

Yes, it's terrible.

aha oh mann

when leveling pre burning crusade and during crusade, when i got put with a tank i would allways hope it wouldn't be a DeathKnight, no offence to the deathknights out there, but 9/10 times they would be really crappy and couldn't hold aggro and leave like blood presence on!
    LOLOLOLOL LELELELELELELE 1337

Quote Originally Posted by Burgess13
    aha oh mann

when leveling pre burning crusade and during crusade, when i got put with a tank i would allways hope it wouldn't be a DeathKnight, no offence to the deathknights out there, but 9/10 times they would be really crappy and couldn't hold aggro and leave like blood presence on!
    The only problem is, that Deathknights weren't in the game untill WotLK.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

aha oh mann

9 times out of 10 they don't bother collecting tank gear =(

aha oh mann

So what you are saying is that your prayers were always answered?

"when leveling pre burning crusade and during crusade, when i got put with a tank i would allways hope it wouldn't be a DeathKnight, no offence to the deathknights out there, but 9/10 times they would be really crappy and couldn't hold aggro and leave like blood presence on!"

I lol'd. ;D

WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian
    ^^ this lol

Amazing sig compliments of Alyajna!

(i have 3 lvl 80 tanks; no raid gear because don't like pug-raids and don't have the time for guild-raiding, but i like doing heroics and think i am a fairly copetent tank)

I'm currently lvling my rogue (64 atm) and i could observe the following things:

- dk's (both dps and tanks) without runes on their weapons (fallen crusader is 70, but c'mon, slap +parry or cinderglacier on)
    - one dk had a hatebringer (2h mace with 3 sockets from coilfang instance) with empty socket and the rest int and spirit (upon inspecting his other gear i found more spirit gems)
    - had a arms warri 'tank' (did the same moves a dps warri would except he had a shield equipped) blood furnace who facepulled entire rooms, at first by accident but when we did the room before the first boss he pulled nearly the entire room (we survived) but then the exceptional healer left (understandably) and the rest made fun of him (the healer) being a idiot
    - nearly no dps capable of doing decent single target dps
    - no one appreciates a good sap, just pull everything in sight
    - the only decent thing are the healers (mostly)

what i were hating doing the first days of wotlk is that everyone went to be a deathknight and when you needed a group to do the ramparts it was 5 deathknights saying "I can tank cuz im frost", "I can tank as blood cuz i heal myselfz", "i got a pet dat can tank!" seriusly... the !#%¤

Quote Originally Posted by Stings
    what i were hating doing the first days of wotlk is that everyone went to be a deathknight and when you needed a group to do the ramparts it was 5 deathknights saying "I can tank cuz im frost", "I can tank as blood cuz i heal myselfz", "i got a pet dat can tank!" seriusly... the !#%¤
    Tough times. Im leveling my Druid atm and he is in outlands, he is balance/resto but when queueing for randoms i always gotta heal and i dont mind it, i only do when i enter and see i have a dps spec DK queueing as tank. He has no tanking talents for armor increase and stam etc... then insists on pulling half the instance and blames the healing for wiping after being nuked.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by vreid
    - the only decent thing are the healers (mostly)
    its so sad, even at 80 i find most groups being total fail with a healer just carry everyone trough

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian
    I think it makes sense to assume the poster meant the pre-BC and BC -content-, where while leveling through you can certainly find a DK.

As for DKs not collecting tank gear... It's not even really important until mid-BC anyways, and even then I think you could tank in dps gear straight through the LK normals.

I think it doesn't help that DKs don't have a proper taunt until L65, but frankly the class requires more buttons than others. You can level as a warrior tank just hitting tclap and anything else. You can level as a protadin just hitting consecrate. You can level as a bear just hitting swipe. DK, you've got DND but it's on a 30sec (15sec talented) CD, plus you've got to negotiate rune cooldowns.

Add in that the two stam/def runes for DKs aren't trainable until 72 and you've got a recipe for trouble.

L80 DKs often being terrible tanks follows similar reasoning, but with a few changes. e.g., DPS ramp up their output -dramatically- at 80. If you're leveling, you may not see someone break 1k dps before 80, then at 80 suddenly you're seeing 3-5k? It's a new thing to cope with.

Since most people who fail at tanking their first couple times will often not go back to it until maybe at 80 they get tired of the DPS queues. They're terrible, and surrounded by unforgiving players.

Right, i know once apon a time everyone was a noob and didn't know thier talent tree's from thier spell books, or maybe you were born pro? , anyways.
    Im level 77 this is my first alt that ive managed to get this high and im currently just runnin though dungeon to dungeon, and this morning i was placed in Gundrak, fair do's i quite like that one, but little did i know horror would be inside this run!!!

Ok so it all started off ok, first boss was the snake guy, paladin dps'er died, healer ignored him so i had to ress him, didn't bother me to much ( im a balance druid btw ) he then died again seconds after, and yes i had to ress him. we got to the next boss, which being that watery-mojo son of a gun, healer died, i quikly threw in a combat ress, he then died again, but luckily we managed to finnish him off. After this the healer exclaimed "Ruffian is doing shit dps, this group is so bad, im out" Ruffian was the tank ¬¬
    So with out a healer we put ourselves into the looking for hoping to find a healer, i suggested i would go to my duel spec and heal whils't we were looking for a healer, in doing so i got shouted at for not healing people, when i thought i was doing alright? but then the hunter started to pull more and more, and not even wait for the tank after he had said brb, then i got the blame for not healing him and the tank more, we got a new healer, thank god i can go back to mah sexy moonkin.
    Last two bosses hunter kept pulling and when he kept dieing because of it, he would go off on one and start saying healers today are rubbish. We finnally managed to do it, with just the new shaman healer left who threw in a earthshock.
    ergo facto, im scared for other servers and the new batch of 80's who are about to enter the scene!! Now it is a QQ here and im not affraid to admit that, but also, any other of you had any groups that make you feel as if you want to pull out your eyes and cook them and feed them to your dog?

p.s sorry if this is already a topic, i just needed to vent some anger out!!!
    This sounds like a group of people who already have 80s to be honest. They expect the same level of play from someone leveling up in greens and blues as the people who they do 5 mans with in all epic equipment. These players IMO expect to much of everyone. They expect the tank or healer to never go afk, or if one does, they expect the rest of the group to plow through what they are doing with out fail. While I love the new LFG system, it has given people this view that there group is expendable, and if there group cannot perform how they want it to, they will just leave and find another. But this sort of stuff is bound to happen, people who have no time for playing the game, and just want to plow through everything.

10+ Year Old Account

I think you had bad luck and some brainless party members joined your group. If you feel like everyone in your realm goes by that description... try cross-realm LFG sistem, it's totally usefull. The other day in my daily random the healer had a Val'Anyr