Last season and Weapons

Will we have a slim chance of seeing lowest level PVP Weapons in the last season do you think?

Post your thoughts

Re: Last season and Weapons

I really don't think we will, after TBC and the widespread availability of previous season weapons, I doubt Blizzard will do something similar to it this season. Maybe they'll find a good way to implement them in Cataclysm. For now though, PvE weapons and AH weapons will probably need to suffice for all the Arena starters in the last season of WotLK.
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbot
    CLEARLY this is blizzard ONCE AGAIN catering to casuals. Us hardcore have no problem with taking an extra 8 seconds to cast a basic camp fire. That's how it's been for years. This game just gets easier and easier, Blizzard may as well just hand out free camp fires all over the major cities at this point!

Dont think so.

I really dont understand why blizzard cant put t1 s-7 weapons at 1650 bought with honor. Not getting a a weapon with resi on is enoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeries
    Dont think so.

I really dont understand why blizzard cant put t1 s-7 weapons at 1650 bought with honor. Not getting a a weapon with resi on is enoying.
    Weapons are something that Blizzard don't want to make as easily available as that, as a weapon is easily visible and provides important stats usually. The extra resilience it gives won't make or break you at any rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbot
    CLEARLY this is blizzard ONCE AGAIN catering to casuals. Us hardcore have no problem with taking an extra 8 seconds to cast a basic camp fire. That's how it's been for years. This game just gets easier and easier, Blizzard may as well just hand out free camp fires all over the major cities at this point!

Quote Originally Posted by Pally_Power
    Weapons are something that Blizzard don't want to make as easily available as that, as a weapon is easily visible and provides important stats usually. The extra resilience it gives won't make or break you at any rate.
    It wont break me, but every time I lvl an alt the time before I get the pvp-weaps I feel broken, as I can get most stats right, but I´m always 100 resiliance under people who have it.

Considering how easy it is to get i232-weps from new icc heroics or toc10, I´d say it wouldnt hurt to get furious-weaps at 1650 rating, for about 100k honor (this would be a good time to incrase the honor-cap, as its been 75k since vanilla).

As much as you're probably gonna hate me for suggesting this. If you are that hell bent on having resilience on your weapon... use a WG heirloom.

It wont break me, but every time I lvl an alt the time before I get the pvp-weaps I feel broken, as I can get most stats right, but I´m always 100 resiliance under people who have it.

Considering how easy it is to get i232-weps from new icc heroics or toc10, I´d say it wouldnt hurt to get furious-weaps at 1650 rating, for about 100k honor (this would be a good time to incrase the honor-cap, as its been 75k since vanilla).

Quote Originally Posted by TGS
    As much as you're probably gonna hate me for suggesting this. If you are that hell bent on having resilience on your weapon... use a WG heirloom.
    I dont hate you for it, but it would be pretty stupid, for obvious reasons. I´m not "bent" on having resiliance on weapons, I just find it wierd why you think it would be imbalanced to have furious weapons at 1650 rating when you can get i232 pve-weps same day you ding 80 from new icc 5mans.

15+ Year Old Account

I dont hate you for it, but it would be pretty stupid, for obvious reasons. I´m not "bent" on having resiliance on weapons, I just find it wierd why you think it would be imbalanced to have furious weapons at 1650 rating when you can get i232 pve-weps same day you ding 80 from new icc 5mans.
    But haven't you heard? PvP is the new hardcore, PvE is just for lols and for getting arena starting gear now.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Naliiz
    But haven't you heard? PvP is the new hardcore, PvE is just for lols and for getting arena starting gear now.
    You're probably being sarcastic here, but actually..this is the case at the moment. :

you want resil on your weapon? you really need resil THAT badly? shit if you REALLY need it jsut get a PvE weapon and trade the extra dps stats on it for like 1 or 2 resil gems. it end up about the same. srsly bro less excuses

I like having PvP weapons too.
    I don't think we should have to PvE for a weapon.

rofl l2p pvp then u will ve a pvp weapon ^^

PVP weapons are meant to mean something. We can get a near top set of pvp gear from emblems/VoA without setting foot in arena so thats a pretty good starting point.
    Use that and then work towards the weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Unfortunately finding a PvE weapon is just part of the leveling process for PvP alts at the moment. ToC or ICC5 is likely your best bet at the moment -- lots of half decent gear that is a huge upgrade for an alt yet a downgrade to most who run them.

My alt was lucky to pick up a the beast's dagger in ToC25, it should be good enough to help me see 1800 or even 2200.

It's pretty easy to reach t1 weapon rating... if you can't reach it... it's not a matter of weapons, but lack of skill. I made it with the 2.0 event dagger from brewfest and a rare offhand in mid of relentless season... and i'm not that skilled.

I hit 1601 with 1722 MMR with 15+k hp and BoA daggers with a furious geared lock last december.. Not hard to get weapons

was bored and lvled my resto shammy from 78-80 in a night. Farmed afew heroics to get some gear fast, as soon as heroic resets came i threw together a guild toc 10 man run. Rocked threw it in 35 minutes and walked out with a staff and some small items. did arena the next day with 16k hp with a kings and 1450 in afew games.

1800 isnt hard, infact 2s isnt hard lol. get the rating quick and you got a weap!

i'm sure blizzard did it as a symbol. the weapons are the only things showing a players been past 1500. the shoulders are pretty much a joke. i'm sure next week we'll have many relentless shoulders running around. the only difference between me and them is the weapon.