RAWR and the frost emblem cloaks...

So ive been using Rawr for a while now and i was using it for my ret pally and i looked at these cloaks...the recovered scarlet onslaught cloak and the might of the ocean serpent..and according to rawr, the scrlet onslaught cloak is a better upgrade. kinda confused, cuz of the strength on the ocean serpent cloak and all. Can anybody clarify to me why the scarlet cloak is better dps?

Re: RAWR and the frost emblem cloaks...

Kind of wondering about this too.

PVP subforum, where 1500 rated players can voice there opinions
    -Ex ret paladin

15+ Year Old Account

arp and expertise (wich you are probably capped) against the pure awesomeness of CRIT!
    motos cloak have a very bad itemisation for Ret and if you let me add something else : look like crap!

even without 2p t9 the agi cloak will probably be better

Quote Originally Posted by Mahi
    That said, don't use your emblems on a cloak until you've got 4 piece t10.
    Hmm if the cloak is an upgrade u could get it after 3 t10, until u have accses to T10 ilvl 277 having 2xt9 and 2xt10 for the set bonus's is best (considering u can get your hands on the 258 t9)
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormreaver&cn=samarito

15+ Year Old Account

(rawr item cache updated.. damn filter pissing me off and deleted them all! /die!)
    Even under expertise cap, the agi cloak come ahead without 2pt9
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahi
    If you can get your hands on 2x 258 t9, chances are you have good enough gear that the cloak wouldn't be an upgrade.
    probably :P

unless you've got your 4 set already a cloak upgrade is the last thing you should be worrying about.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    unless you've got your 4 set already a cloak upgrade is the last thing you should be worrying about.
    Correct, the agility cloak will be best until you break your 2pc T9. If you have i245 T9 gear you'll probably see more benefits from moving to 4pc T10 a lot sooner, but if you're already rocking some 258 T9 gear it'll be a good long while before the strength of T10 replacements is enough to "out" the 258 T9 AND the 2pc bonus.

The time will come but for now cloaks and often rings and neck pieces are better suited to contain agility then STR for Ret...of course depending on other stats present.

Quote Originally Posted by cornelious0_0
    Correct, the agility cloak will be best until you break your 2pc T9. If you have i245 T9 gear you'll probably see more benefits from moving to 4pc T10 a lot sooner, but if you're already rocking some 258 T9 gear it'll be a good long while before the strength of T10 replacements is enough to "out" the 258 T9 AND the 2pc bonus.

The time will come but for now cloaks and often rings and neck pieces are better suited to contain agility then STR for Ret...of course depending on other stats present.
    The agility cloak is undoubtedly better even after you lose 2-set t9.

The strength cloak is just all around bad for us. Just because it has strength doesn't mean it's better.