Arms warrior needs advice

I am planning on apping to a new guild as arms. I usually play prot so I need some advice to perfect my gear and playstyle any advice would be helpful. Here's an armory link
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...is&cn=Generate
    Justin#12658

Re: Arms warrior needs advice

all of the above with some exceptions

1. go fury, its far superior in pve dps, and it scales insanly.
    2. dont get for AP or str if you plan to go arms.
    since you have NES and you are arms with 2x t9 set bonus you can easily get the ArP softcap.
    (read sticky about ArP if you dont understand)
    and even if you plan to go fury instead, you can still go for the ArP softcap and increase your dps.

There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

My DPS spec has been fury and the guild I plan to app to doesn't have an arms warrior. It has been my off-spec so I haven't wanted to dish out the money for berserking/ epic gems I'll have to do that. I need 24 expertise right?
    Justin#12658

stickie
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

10+ Year Old Account

ok, i see alot of things that aren't neccesarily wrong, but could be alot better. First off if your amrs try to get an axe, they are far superior to any other weapon as arms (unless your pvping in which i prefer sword spec). if, as said above, your appyling for a decent guild, they will notice the meta gem, the nonepic gems and the lesser enchants

get the 21 agi/3% crit meta, and complete it with a nightmare tear that has been but in a blue socket (to get socket bonus)
    if you can afford it get the 2 ToC crafted peices made, they both are loaded with arp

your gems make me sad.
    NEVER EVER gem ap thats just a rule, casue str is better.
    Your gems for expertise as arms are not needed beacuse you should be able to aim for about 16 epertise beacuse arms benifits from the occasional dodge (overpower).
    gem straight up arp, thats going to net you the highest dps gain of all your gems. try to get to about 60% or so you will start to notice a dps increase.
    epic gems
    only match a socket if it is red or yellow and has 6+ str as the socket bonus, otherwise slap those arp gems in.
    when you do match a yellow socket use the orange gem that has 10 str/10crit
    Get an axe (will give you 5 expertise as an orc so you can drop some expertise gear for arp)
    possibly buy the frost vendor cape. if you have frost badges

spec looks fine.

"rotation" should be something like

rend --> mortal stike --> overpower --> slam
    take sudden death's when they proc and overpowers. Heroic strike when over 70 rage or so (i played the incite spec as arms, so heroic strike were a big dps increase)
    lolstorm when rend isnt gonna fall off and things are on cd.
    always keep rend up, though dont clip it when your refreshing it.

Hope this helps

15+ Year Old Account

First things first, armory says that you have got 27 expertise, yet you gem for it. I am not seeing why, as you need only 22 with the talent that arms gives.
    Another things, some of your enchants are off. You have blue gems. You need to put zerk on your weapon, and your crit/AP is a bit low.
    I highly recommend getting the 2 axe from the new heroic, I think it's pit of saron. Also, I would advice gemming ArP. Those two things alone, along with zerk and some new gems/enchants, would make you a pretty decent arms warrior.
    But, like it has already been said, and replied to, I will enforce it again:
    Go fury. It out dps' arms by far in raids. Arms is generally the pvp spec now, and arms brings no beneficial raid buffs that other classes don't bring already, if your raid is min maxing for raid performance. If not, well, pick what you want to play I guess. I enjoy fury quite a lot, although I've played arms in the past.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Powell
    all of the above with some exceptions

1. go fury, its far superior in pve dps, and it scales insanly.
    2. dont get for AP or str if you plan to go arms.
    since you have NES and you are arms with 2x t9 set bonus you can easily get the ArP softcap.
    (read sticky about ArP if you dont understand)
    and even if you plan to go fury instead, you can still go for the ArP softcap and increase your dps.

Fury is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring

Maybe a little less than the top tier players in DPS > Booooooring rotation
    WEWENTWESS GWALLDATIROR CASUALTY

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&cn=Casualty

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&n=Cowsualty

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns
    and arms brings no beneficial raid buffs that other classes don't bring already
    This is not true if your raid's rogues only play as Mutilate.

4% more physical damage to the raid is an excellent excuse to play Arms instead of Fury. I'm also guessing that if there was a combat rogue in the guild for the debuff already, having you as Arms instead of Fury and him as Mutilate instead of Combat would be an overall rDPS bonus.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Arygos&cn=Sephkka

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis
    rend --> mortal stike --> overpower --> slam
    take sudden death's when they proc and overpowers. Heroic strike when over 70 rage or so (i played the incite spec as arms, so heroic strike were a big dps increase)
    lolstorm when rend isnt gonna fall off and things are on cd.
    always keep rend up, though dont clip it when your refreshing it.
    Even if you aren't full arpen capped you still want to throw in the Execute procs over MS. If you are over cap OP > everything

Non 100% arpen
    Rend > Execute > Mortal > OP if 3 seconds left(2 if you are robot) > heroic if above 70 rage if not slam.

100% arpen
    rend > OP on CD > Execute > Mortal > heroic if above 70 rage if not slam.
    WEWENTWESS GWALLDATIROR CASUALTY

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&cn=Casualty

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&n=Cowsualty

I prefer fury but the guild I wanna app to needs an arms warrior. I've said it before I'll say it again
    Justin#12658

*Edited for truth, was being silly thinking that my own experiences outweighted everything else

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbysteelz
    No. Please don't make statements like these which are not true. All the top 5 parses for DPS warriors on ALL fights in ICC and ToC are all fury. Arms played right can do decent dps, but to say it's better then fury is wrong.
    Tell me you do more dps on Deathbringer Saurfang as Fury than you do as Arms (assuming of course you're not retarded and disregard the whole fight mechanic of not AoEing). And don't tell me you can time your WW because it's impossible, you'll still have to postpone your WW many times in that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Felixx

Tell me you do more dps on Deathbringer Saurfang as Fury than you do as Arms (assuming of course you're not retarded and disregard the whole fight mechanic of not AoEing). And don't tell me you can time your WW because it's impossible, you'll still have to postpone your WW many times in that fight.
    okay, i will.. you do more dps with BiS gear as fury than arms. PERIOD. having 2 weapons scales better with ArP soft cap in the end, and the whirlwind is SOMETIMES off cd for a second or 2 before your ranged should already have an incredible amount of aggro on them, so your dps loss from that is slim to none.

OP quite clearly states he is applying as arms as that's what the guild needs. stop arguing and help him out?
    http://files.me.com/sureshk/j0r7w6