Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

prot paladin with mana issues

I usually run heroics, but since somewhere in 3.2, i have started to get really low on mana from time to time. i generally just do heroics, but i have also noticed this on somewhat old content (OS10, naxx10, VoA10). since i rarely run high content (ToC and ICC), i really have problems with this, especially in heroics like VH, CoS and those others where there is a decent time between pulls.

anyone who can give me some hints on how to stop this paladin from ooming?

Re: prot paladin with mana issues

make a /sit macro, take some crits and you'll be fine, for heroics. if you are constantly doing content that you overgeared take 2/2 SA, get consecration out of your rotation from time to time when you are going oom. you can also use JoW instead of JoL or JoJ. generally when you are fighting with a boss and get consecration out of your rotation, you don't go oom with DP up.

Especially viable in heroics: spec for SoC, then glyph for SoC too. If you're still having issues; something's wrong.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

buy the arena water from dalaran sewers,

i usually have problems with mana on boss where divine plea is on CD. VH is pretty much the only instance i oom before bosses.

You can also spam less moves, i tend to throw out judgement of wisdom too when im getting low and just start white hitting only.

You and I are about equally geared.
    Baring a few specific instances I can tank a heroic wearing my raid boss gear with out ooming.
    But then again I'll pull with less than 50% mana and drink a mana pot, sometimes, very rarely.
    In those heroics I know I'll have mana problems ,such as H VH, I tank in my pvp gear.

for heroics, try slapping on your highest block rating gear. if you bless sanc, then you should be rolling in mana with super negation.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

Don't judge light if you overgear something, it'll do the majority of the healing that you need to stay topped and won't give you mana through SA since it's self-heal.
    Too cool for a sig.

Why don't you take off your pants and /dance around a little bit?

IF you are getting healed you should be full all the time

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Name0
    IF you are getting healed you should be full all the time
    overheal dont give mana

There is some good idea in the last few post
    Also don't overuse your sacred shield and stun, be sure priest dont shield you for easy trash

Try doing less threat. You only have to do so much (Technically you can get away with as little as 1 hotr for most trash pulls)

There is no need to use any more skills than you need to.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

10+ Year Old Account

Like said above, use SoW that will help you mana up. Down side to this is IF you get into a group with high dps then you might have to keep using SoV but always judge wisdom. You could also throw a couple of DPS/Holy gear on like 3 or 4 piece, try not to break the Tier set pieces!
    Yep I'm guild-less because of toxic elite-jerks in my old top raiding guild. Why can't we all get along like normal human beings?

Quote Originally Posted by deadjack
    overheal dont give mana

There is some good idea in the last few post
    Also don't overuse your sacred shield and stun, be sure priest dont shield you for easy trash
    I know that but on a fight he should be taking damage and getting healed

Sanc,judge wisdom, plea up or on cd, pull more. In VH where you cant pull more then just drop cons out of your rotation on single target mobs and you'll be fine. I also put greatness on to produce more threat for less mana.

Like aboves posted Stear clear from Concecrate on small pulls, CoS i can definetly see using concerate all time but between pulls if u get a long distance switch to SoW and judge wis and melee a couple zombies. I personally dont know what the problem is like becuase im an alchemist and actually have my Endless mana potion keybound because i use it all the time. Your mitigatoon shouldnt be that high that ur not taking that lil amount of damage where spiritual attunement even at 1 point isnt kicking in use. Try swapping talents around, Crusade, pursuit of justice and vindiction are not required for tanking, shore they let u move faster and give some utility and preduce higher threat but at the cost of what?, having to actually drink. If things are really that bad deglyph seal of vengeance for Spiritual attunement (Grants 2% additional mana)
    this is the spec i use wiht Spiritual attunement, Righteous defense, and Divine plea as glyphs, and ive always been able to concerate even on single pulls.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc...00000000000000

Good Luck
    If the Tank dies its the healers fault, if the healer dies its the tanks fault, If the dps dies, its the Dps' fault
    Altoholic-Main Holy/retatidn

I'll normally pop on a few peices of Ret gear, my avoidance trinkets, and the str Librim. I almost never go oom in heroics. Hell... sometimes ill keep my entire main set on and overpull and scare me healers for more mana ...12-14 min runs go!
    Red equals dead, Moonkin equals KFC

Keep the spec, but judge wisdom and you are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Name0
    I know that but on a fight he should be taking damage and getting healed
    If you're over-gearing the instance, you most likely won't be taking enough damage to keep your mana up with heals. Personally I tank heroics in a heavy block set, sitting at 4k Block Value on boss fights. Hardly any bosses in heroics hit harder than that, and those that do will only deal 0,5-2k damage.

However, all the blocking also results in a lot of mana, and I rarely get low on mana with Divine Plea up. When I do start getting low, I'll simply take Consecration out of my rotation. Violet Hold is the worst instance to tank, as you'll have troubles keeping Divine Plea up constantly. I simply don't use Consecration on the single-spawns, and only do it for initial threat on the packs.

has there been said anything about prot palas and mana in cata?

Quote Originally Posted by kildal
    has there been said anything about prot palas and mana in cata?
    yes prot pallys are getting nerfed for heroics. No more blocking a fixed a value, it will be a percentage blocked.

will be nice for bosses but sucks for trash tanking.