Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Incredibly low pet dps

Ok, so lately I've been noticing that my pet's dps is just horrendous in comparison to the other hunter in my guild who I outgear...
    I am over hit capped by a tad, so him missing isn't the problem
    His bites have been hitting for 200 non crit and 400 crit, while his whites have been hitting for 250 hit and 700 crit...
    The other hunter has been having his pet hit for 800 bites hit to 1200 crits, with whites going from 500 hit to 800 crit...

Here's my pet spec http://www.wowhead.com/?petcalc#0Mbz0ccz0hok

Here's my armory http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...or&cn=Edrenara

Anyone have any idea's why my pet's dps is that horrendous? It's stuck at about 300 raid buffed

Re: Incredibly low pet dps

Wild Hunt is better than Shark Attack.

Is the other hunter you're comparing against BM? If so, then there's your explanation right there.

Are your sure all your pet's good abilities are "on" and the bad abilities (cower, growl, etc.) are "off"?

Have you watched your pet during the fight to make sure that it's attacking something and not glitched out?

Are you using Kill Command?

Quote Originally Posted by Toas
    Wild Hunt is better than Shark Attack.

Is the other hunter you're comparing against BM? If so, then there's your explanation right there.

Are your sure all your pet's good abilities are "on" and the bad abilities (cower, growl, etc.) are "off"?

Have you watched your pet during the fight to make sure that it's attacking something and not glitched out?

Are you using Kill Command?
    Are you sure you didn't change talents and he really has NO spec at all?

Deleted

My pet as SV hunter does 1% of my dps, so it's not weird tbh.

Deleted

Also, are your pet's "Bite" in max rank?

Thanks for the responses...
    I will switch to wild hunt, and nope, the hunter I raid with is MM
    It's odd, because he used to do about 10% of my total damage then dropped to about 2% for no explicable reason at all

It's dropped but has your dps dropped? Perhapse whatever dps meter you were using was lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Valdun
    My pet as SV hunter does 1% of my dps, so it's not weird tbh.
    Either you're lying or you're doing something wrong :P I'm a Marksman hunter, and usually my pet is 10-13% of my dmg. I'm an orc so it's a tiny bit buffed but still. So the pet by itself does at about 1k dps usually.

Make sure that all the pet abilites are on auto cast, except Growl and Cower. The bug where it auto switches on and off at random seems fixed but it might still happen for all I know.
    Other than that, make sure the pet is always out straight away so it gets all raid buffs. I know I've forgotten to get it out after a wipe and just remember right before a pull to get it out and it then goes unbuffed, which makes a difference. However your case seems even more drastic than all of this.

You could always macro in Rabid and Bite into your shots to make sure you force attacks etc.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    Are you sure you didn't change talents and he really has NO spec at all?

ewww a hunter with war token, didn't you have something better to spend the badges on ???
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

15+ Year Old Account

pets should easily be able to do over 1k dps for non bm hunters. mine does from 1.1k-1.2k depending on fight.

15+ Year Old Account

go with this spec http://www.wowhead.com/?petcalc#0Md00sc00hooo

make sure kill command is macro into your shots like explosive, chimera, aimed, arcane if u use in rotation etc

Post a World of Logs or equivalent report of where your pet is doing 2% of your damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sartuk
    Post a World of Logs or equivalent report of where your pet is doing 2% of your damage.
    I agree, that's obscenely low. Either it died early and you never rezzed it or it was on passive, even auto attacking a pet can do 400 DPS, which you would have to be doing 20k DPS to make that 2%.

it should be doing about 7-10% of your dmg as SV or MM.

You probably switched specs and didn't spec your pet at all.
    "Cataclysm could have used more of Nozdormu. I think all he did was show up shirtless to Thrall's wedding."

-Anonymous priest

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Druloq
    Either you're lying or you're doing something wrong :P I'm a Marksman hunter, and usually my pet is 10-13% of my dmg. I'm an orc so it's a tiny bit buffed but still. So the pet by itself does at about 1k dps usually.

Make sure that all the pet abilites are on auto cast, except Growl and Cower. The bug where it auto switches on and off at random seems fixed but it might still happen for all I know.
    Other than that, make sure the pet is always out straight away so it gets all raid buffs. I know I've forgotten to get it out after a wipe and just remember right before a pull to get it out and it then goes unbuffed, which makes a difference. However your case seems even more drastic than all of this.

You could always macro in Rabid and Bite into your shots to make sure you force attacks etc.
    Then something is wrong. I got my pet specced, kill command is macro'd in a way that it goes off whenever possible.. My armory is http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ndoun&cn=Aldun

Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    I agree, that's obscenely low. Either it died early and you never rezzed it or it was on passive, even auto attacking a pet can do 400 DPS, which you would have to be doing 20k DPS to make that 2%.
    I think when he said 2%..he was talking overall damage :P...but yea...your pet should def. be hitting harder than that..

Quote Originally Posted by wranglerman
    I think when he said 2%..he was talking overall damage :P...but yea...your pet should def. be hitting harder than that..
    Then I say his pet died 20 seconds in and he wasn't paying attention to notice.

I've had trash pulls in ICC where I did 25K dps and my pet was still at least 7% of my dps, so bullshit on 2%. It's not possible.

OK you have your pet specced wrong! Move one point out of Bloodthirsty,
    and fill out rabid. also the other point in Bt could go into Charge,
    for a slight increase in damage.
    My Armory - Tenzi