Gearing up for holy pvp

Ey!

I have this holy paladin alt, and me and my irl friend want to do some Arena. He's a warrior and we're pretty undergeared actually. He's in deadly gear and the random weapons from the ICC 5man instances and Im in a random mix from furious and deadly. My resilience is not the issue(I guess) and its around 700. And since Im not that good geared Im running in Prot specc. And when do we change to holy btw? ???

So.. we're aiming for some good old 2v2 action in Season 8, so I need to gear up for it. You can really see that I haven't spent that much time and money on him, so please take a look at gems and enchants.
    Also, please tell me how much resilience is good enough, and should I gem for pure Int or SP?

Here is my Character:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...cn=%C3%80rcane
    I might be in Pve gear, Im logging on now to change gear(damn que) :P
    Atleast you can check out my specc !

In before: Idiot, check the holy paladin pvp forum!!!!1
    I was afraid that the info there was outdated and since its a new season, with a new resilience system I might aswell post another thread

Thanks for any serious help!

Edit: My 100 post btw ;D

Re: Gearing up for holy pvp

It's really my fault that I haven't updated the Holy Paladin PvP guide yet, maybe I should get that done soon.

You're in PvE gear right now, so I'll check back in a bit, but I can tell you right now a few things about your spec and such.

Prot Holy PvP is no more, you'll want to switch to a Holy spec as soon as you can.
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...z,86YO-R,11159
    Is an updated spec right now for some 2v2.

Resilience is very flexible for paladins, and depending on the level of PvE gear you have access to (251+ now) you can stay at around 700 resilience. Always keep the PvP 4 set bonus though, only switch around offspec items for PvE ones. Ever since the resilience change I run with 1050 resilience which I get purely from my gear without gemming it in any way, but this is because I'm not in a PvE guild and don't have access to PvE gear. You should only use PvE gear with Haste really. If I had the chance to, I would gear myself with 700 resilience with PvE Haste gear on, but since I can't I stay at a high resilience setup.

I gem my gear with int so that I can maintain around 21k mana, which is a good amount for PvP as Holy, without using an Intellect trinket so I can use Battlemasters. You'll want the Wintergrasp Spellpower trinket along with Battlemasters as a Blood Elf.

Hope I was some help.
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbot
    CLEARLY this is blizzard ONCE AGAIN catering to casuals. Us hardcore have no problem with taking an extra 8 seconds to cast a basic camp fire. That's how it's been for years. This game just gets easier and easier, Blizzard may as well just hand out free camp fires all over the major cities at this point!

Quote Originally Posted by Pally_Power
    It's really my fault that I haven't updated the Holy Paladin PvP guide yet, maybe I should get that done soon.

You're in PvE gear right now, so I'll check back in a bit, but I can tell you right now a few things about your spec and such.

Prot Holy PvP is no more, you'll want to switch to a Holy spec as soon as you can.
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...z,86YO-R,11159
    Is an updated spec right now for some 2v2.

Resilience is very flexible for paladins, and depending on the level of PvE gear you have access to (251+ now) you can stay at around 700 resilience. Always keep the PvP 4 set bonus though, only switch around offspec items for PvE ones. Ever since the resilience change I run with 1050 resilience which I get purely from my gear without gemming it in any way, but this is because I'm not in a PvE guild and don't have access to PvE gear. You should only use PvE gear with Haste really. If I had the chance to, I would gear myself with 700 resilience with PvE Haste gear on, but since I can't I stay at a high resilience setup.

I gem my gear with int so that I can maintain around 21k mana, which is a good amount for PvP as Holy, without using an Intellect trinket so I can use Battlemasters. You'll want the Wintergrasp Spellpower trinket along with Battlemasters as a Blood Elf.

Hope I was some help.
    First of all, thanks for the serious help

Ok, so prot is not working anymore? Good, it was painful to play without Holy Shock really..
    Ok, I'll try to mix up some pve and pvp gear, shouldn't be any problem :P And Im farming for the WG trinket atm.

The specc looks alright too, maybe I would take one random point out of the holy tree and put it in Divine Intellect since my mana arent that high yet. Im also playing with the Int. Trinket from Triumph emblems, really helps out with the mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Shasui
    First of all, thanks for the serious help

Ok, so prot is not working anymore? Good, it was painful to play without Holy Shock really..
    Ok, I'll try to mix up some pve and pvp gear, shouldn't be any problem :P And Im farming for the WG trinket atm.

The specc looks alright too, maybe I would take one random point out of the holy tree and put it in Divine Intellect since my mana arent that high yet. Im also playing with the Int. Trinket from Triumph emblems, really helps out with the mana.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...7,86YO-R,11159 would also work as a Spec. You can't really move the spells around much in the Holy Tree, it's a pretty tight tree if that makes any sense. If you really want to play with 5/5 Divine Intellect, then go this route: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...B,86YO-R,11159
    CLEARLY this is blizzard ONCE AGAIN catering to casuals. Us hardcore have no problem with taking an extra 8 seconds to cast a basic camp fire. That's how it's been for years. This game just gets easier and easier, Blizzard may as well just hand out free camp fires all over the major cities at this point!

Gemming and specing is all about your comp. Its not safe to tell a spec and/or way to gear if we don't know your partner.

The first thing is: get full furious gear with wrathful off-pieces. Deadly gear won't be enough to survive 264 or 277 weapons. Second: go Holy, prot is no viable anymore.

With the new resil buff, I think int will be the better way to gem. Mana will win fights. Again, the new resil buff allow you to use even more PVE gear, but make sure you are using a 4p bonus, big shocks are crucial.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...r,86YO-R,11159

is also one to note.

Also, depending on what comps you're facing, dropping Pure of Heart for Imp HoJ also works well.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    Gemming and specing is all about your comp. Its not safe to tell a spec and/or way to gear if we don't know your partner.
    This.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...G,86YO-R,11159 is the spec that I personally use, however it's more of a 3v3 and 5v5 spec than a 2v2 spec.

Gemming and specing is all about your comp. Its not safe to tell a spec and/or way to gear if we don't know your partner
    Well, Im playing with a arms warrior :P How should I gem then?

Quote Originally Posted by Shasui
    Well, Im playing with a arms warrior :P How should I gem then?
    Yellow = int
    Red = sp/int
    Blue = Int/mp5 or int/stamina or sp/stamina or sp/mp5

Playing with a warrior you will want to have Pure of Heart, Sacred Cleanse and, possibly, Imp. HoJ.

Yellow = int
    Red = sp/int
    Blue = Int/mp5 or int/stamina or sp/stamina or sp/mp5

Playing with a warrior you will want to have Pure of Heart, Sacred Cleanse and, possibly, Imp. HoJ.
    Ok, thanks! Sounds like the right way to go!