Thread: Coming back!

Coming back!

After quite the hiatus from Warcraft, I have decided that I will soon begin playing again. The Problem is.. I probably am very far behind in gear quality, talent specs, and new rotations and the like. So I am asking you skilled mages to let me know how my return would go over (e.g. would I get into groups for ICC?)

Also, what is the new best spec and rotation?

Check me out! (OLD GEAR!!) http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...us&cn=Soulitis

How can I ease my way back in and up my gear and dps the easiest?

Re: Coming back!

elitestjerks. com

run heroics for triu;ph badges buy your T9 so your gs is high enough for the retard noobs that use it and go run totc25 pugs then join guild

Welcome back...

As a paladin with a alt mage I'm using frostfire bolt spec. But I don't know what's the best atm. Probably arcane. However, to gear up your character... you should just farm heroics. T9 from hc's ftw... not

well, first off - for gear do heroics over and over for badge gear.

and for specs / rotations and such. Take a good 5 mins out of your time and look at the mage pve guide sticky. it is there for a reason
    ARMORY LINKS- Mage - Paladin

farm hcs for t9 , go arcane , try to find nice ppl that dont ask or allow u with out achiv and read tactics

10+ Year Old Account

You're really well geared actually. And with 3.3, nothing is EASIER than to gear up. Run some random dungeon with the random dungeon tool (Which give +2 Triumphs per dungeon completed with random group and 2 of frost on 1st random), do some VoA 25, the new ICC Heroics Forge of Souls, Pit of Saron and Hall of Reflection (Item iLevel 232 nearly free), then do VoA 25/ICC 10

A lot of hours of fun, but still, really easy to get.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

I'd recommend getting into as many heroics/raids as possible. Just since you can buy your T9 with Triumph Badges. I'm sure if you can find a guild that does ToC still you'd be able to get Trophies and upgrade your T9 even further. After that I'd say to do your best to get into ICC 10/25 and do your daily heroics to build up frost emblems and work on your T10. You can catch back up but it will take time.

Here is a 57/3/11 Arcane Spec for you. --> http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#of0Vfz0IzxGurxedcZMhf0o

As far as rotations, here is just something I copied from the Mage PvE FAQ at the top of this forum. I removed some of the acronyms so you'd understand it if you weren't familiar with Arcane.

Arcane Blastx4-->Missile Barrage
    If high on mana: you may extend the arcane blast spam to fish for a missile barrage proc
    If low on mana: reduce arcane blast spam to 3 followed by missile barrage (if procced), otherwise use an unhasted arcane missiles
    NEVER cast arcane barrage unless moving
    Stagger haste cooldowns to keep from going under the 1 second GCD cap with your arcane blasts and missile barrage.

I hope this helps and welcome back! ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Douwe
    run heroics for triu;ph badges buy your T9 so your gs is high enough for the retard noobs that use it and go run totc25 pugs then join guild
    Maybe get your 2pc T9 but mostly I'd say just get all the 245 triumph gear. Boost your GS as fast as you can because it's your key to getting into higher level raids even if the gear isn't exactly well itemised. Especially note that unlike most other classes you get TWO lvl245 rings. It should only take a week or two to get geared enough for ToC25 / ICC10.
    Ultralisk-Nagrand / Táne-Nagrand / Wuggles-Nagrand / Koras-Thaurrisan / Dieselsun-Thaurissan / Bezoar-Thaurissan

First of all you need to reduce your hit quite significantly. You only need 8% as arcane and you're almost at 16%, whole lot of dead stats there mate. Also you should focus on upping your haste as much as you can, getting to somewhere between 800 and 1000 haste rating should be good. I recommend you get the 245 haste ring and farm ToC normal for the abyssal rune, as it's awesome for arcane and your current trinkets are anything else

Might sound like a lot of hit to lose and haste to get, but it's really quite easy with the current state of gear.