Thread: Bulwark of RMP

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Bulwark of RMP

get real, RMP is faceroll and that's why it's the #1 3v3 team since s1

the main thing is all the control they have and all the abilities they have....sure, you have to know when to use what but 3 competent people can make it work easily

it's not the easiest comp but "high skillcap" is ridiculous

we all know what the other guy is gonna do, we all know how to counter or when to eat it and we all have hard counters...except mages, there is no hard counter

you control casters and melee, you have a passive and multiple active ways to get away from people (caster or melee, doesn't matter) and you have burst

nothing a mage DOESN'T have at their disposal

Wheres the #1 RMP in S7, just sayin.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mothric
    Clicking Gladius to cast sheep/blind/fear is brutal!
    Good players don't have to click gladius, they have focus and bind

I've played every viable and quite a few nonviable comps in bc and lich king on my rogue and warrior and, to a lesser extent, whenever I got someones account to play on, mage, priest and druid.
    And trust me: rmp is by FAR the comp that requires more synergy. Not even necessarly indivudual skill, but the rogue and mage have to work together perfectly
    Only in season 7 I have played something around 7 different rmp's.
    Several of them gladiator, deadly gladiators, alca, ayrez, sai, a few other people known on the rp.
    But the one that worked best up to now, is the one I started with a 2.2k rated mage/priest. Individually we are a LOT worse than a ton of other players (also rmp's) out there, but our teamplay is excellent. Even without saying a word the shatters come perfectly with every kidney, when I swap for giggles the mage is already casting the frostbolt on that target etc.
    RMP is, in my opinion, the most beatiful comp out there, because it relies on team harmony more than anything else. Working WITH eachother and being constructive.
    That is why I never succesfully played on a 2400 mmr with high named people, but did manage to do so in the second week with 2 other long time duelists.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Deleted

If anyone happens to care, www.fuskbugg.se is a swedish site similar to imageshack or whatever where you can upload pictures, it's safe.

The amount of stupid in here hurts a bit.

/facepalm at all the retards who think they'll get 49832419 trojans and keyloggers for clicking a .bmp image.

get a partner.

Ye, it's lots of fun, healing through warrior/ret damage
    In all seriousness though: What you're describing is a duel situation, and frankly, blizz doesn't balance on that. In arena you have a parter (oder two or four), that help you and make ret a viable asset to have with repentance/HoJ/dispells/BoP/Aura Mastery and freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Thermiel
    I've seen that website before, I trust it.
    It's legit

Here's the pic he posted, tho it's not that funny.

People that post this stuff have never actually played on a high level RMP 2500+

The comp is not nearly as faceroll as people think with Hunters running wild in most comps now.

RMP is pretty faceroll till about 2200, after that it takes some work to get up there.

I meant ret AND warrior damage you retard. I don't play 2's actively any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Imburnt
    Why do i even read the MMO arena forums, everyone QQing about mages taking no skill is probably a 1500 rated warrior with a broken bladestorm button. Mages are one of the harder classes to play well anyone with half a brain would realize this. And about RMP, it is one of the highest skillcap teams.
    This ^

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Yeah, because 2 classes that can snare, one that can bubble all 3, one that has a "Get out of Spells" card, the other that has the "Get out of Everything" card, and one that's got the "Shield wall for you, bro!" card. Yep, sounds like skill to me.
    Do you know what a skill cap is?

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow_Sorrow
    what i really meant to say, is that just mages, and to some extent, regoues and priests, plainly have a lot more tools, actually useful abilities at their disposal.
    how much of it you can put to work is what determines you as a good/verygood/greatergood mage/priest.rogue/etc/etc
    he's right you nerds, get over it
    i dont think walls are balanced around classes D:

That's what I've been saying the entire fucking thread.

Hollow_Sorrow,your ret qq is ridiculous and just shows how bad you are KEKEK
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19
    If someone will tell me true meaning of life I will quit right away and start doing "that thing".

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    Another person, that doesn't understand the difference between good and easy.
    Mage is extremely good right now. But they have a high skillcap
    Warrior is extremely good right now. But a retarded monkey can play them
    The retarded monkey can brostorm down a lock in a second, but it can't beat a frost mage 1v1.
    Both classes have fairly high skill caps but are easier in different ways. The mage can keep a melee class glued to the ground even if they're a drooling moron but it takes skill to consistently CC someone avoiding random variables like SW and interrupts.
    While the warrior can sit there and bash the keyboard to win but takes some knowledge of other classes to effectively reflect key spells such as death coil, deep freeze, etc. through forcing those CDs and abusing defensive CDs to eat up blinds, stuns, etc.
    New and shiny compppppp!

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow_Sorrow
    still i haz my 2100 ratings.
    what about you?
    2100 is srs bsns
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by Imburnt
    Why do i even read the MMO arena forums, everyone QQing about mages taking no skill is probably a 1500 rated warrior with a broken bladestorm button. Mages are one of the harder classes to play well anyone with half a brain would realize this. And about RMP, it is one of the highest skillcap teams.
    1. Frostbolt
    2. Deepfreeze.
    3. Shatter combo.
    4. CS
    5. ???
    6. Profit.

Takes alot of skill huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Lavidaloca
    1. Frostbolt
    2. Deepfreeze.
    3. Shatter combo.
    4. CS
    5. ???
    6. Profit.

Takes alot of skill huh?
    Cause every fight is a duel amirite? A frost mage actually takes a lot of skill, ive seen good players fail at playing frost mage alts. Its not as easy as it looks.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn