Thread: Need opinions

Need opinions

ok so last night it was late when I logged out so I know I am missing my Ebon Blade helm enchant, my cloak enchant and an enchant on my OH weapon. I will also be getting the titanium spikeguards tonight as bracers so you can disregard the ones equipped right now.

With that being said, how much dps should I be pulling on average in 10 man raid situations... I find my DPS in fury is very similar to arms... am I doing something wrong or is my gear not good enough for me to see the difference yet?!? If it is in fact my gear that isn't good enough and go back to arms, should I use my axe since I'm an orc or keep the Quel'Delar sword even though sword spec isn't as good in PvE?? Thanks in advance for the help!!

Link to my armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...=Onyxia&n=Viau

PS: I know both of my trinkets need to be changed, I am just having the worst luck possible right now

Re: Need opinions

In typical 10 man situations you should aim for 7k dps. You just need to work on your gear. Your AP is low, you need a good mainhand axe or even just swap your weapon and then use your current mh as an oh. Gem straight str as much as possible, low str socket bonuses aren't worth it. Just keep at it and upgrade your gear and you should do fine. Shoot for a good ring as the pvp one doesn't offer much. Get a different cloak asap.

For the time being str > arp > crit > haste.
    And good weapon > ring > cloak > trinkets

Changes:

Use 21 Agility 3% Crit Meta. Only requires 1 blue gem.
    Get the conquest badge neck. Agility one is better than the Strength one.
    Put your nightmare tear in the blue socket of the chest. It's wasted in the belt.
    Get the Valor badge ranged Crimson Star. This will also help with your expertise (you need 6.5%)
    Change the enchant on the boots to 32 AP. It doesn't look like your a hardcore raider so a speed enchant probably isn't necessary.
    Change that PvP ring. The Agility Valor one isn't bad.
    Enchant the helm, cloak and OH as you said.
    Replace those trinkets. You only need 164 hit so the Infuser is wasted. Darkmoon Card: Greatness is still one of the best easily obtainable trinkets even with a iLvL of just 200. NES isn't bad, especially if you decide to gem ArP.

After all that you'll need to hit raids to get better gear.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

A few things, seeing as you are aware of a few I'll omit them.

-Meta gem, use 21 agi/3% crit, it requires only one blue gem, for which you can use the nightmare tear in a blue socket, in an item that provides the best socket bonus. In your case, I'd say your chest piece.

-You are super low on Expertise, 26 is cap but you can get away w/ 25 aslong as you are within ~8 of the cap, figure it out for whatever you need as an orc, and gem accordingly, w/ 20 exp gems into red/prismatic blacksmith sockets.

-Too much hit, loosing your current trinket, Pyrite Infuser will drop you below hit cap, I believe, as a horde. So You will need something to counter that loss, possibly a single hit gem.

-Pvp ring, wasted resilience itemization.

-Focusing on ArP could be better than STR**, if you can hit 75% passive from gear + gems, would require a little napkin math by you, 13.99 ArP rating per 1% of ArP. If you pick up a Needle Encrusted Scorpion, then you should gem for softcap, 721 ArP rating w/ NES.

**This is a rough statement, as ArP can be very gear dependent, and having a trinket proc ArP makes it easier to achieve at lower gear levels.

EDIT: Seems a few posts happened while I typing this out :P

Quote Originally Posted by Racetrack
    Change the enchant on the boots to 32 AP. It doesn't look like your a hardcore raider so a speed enchant probably isn't necessary.
    He is using Icewalker, 12 hit/crit

Thank you for the replies... I'm not sure why I would have to change my cloak asap but anyways... as for hit rating, I read different things every where... don't I need 10% hit or something like that? (I'm talking for PvE) As of now, all the hit I have is from gear so there isn't really anything I could do about it. In terms of the meta gem, I do agree the 21 agi and 3% crit requires only 1 blue gem but isn't the one I have (chaotic skyflare) better?

edit: Also, in terms of ArP, until I can get a trinket or better gear that has way more ArP, isn't it useless to gem for that stat? If I don't have a trinket and am sitting at 745 ArP let's say, wouldn't that give me a dps loss compared to gemming full strength? And is my boot enchant good or no?!?

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by viau
    Thank you for the replies... I'm not sure why I would have to change my cloak asap but anyways... as for hit rating, I read different things every where... don't I need 10% hit or something like that? (I'm talking for PvE) As of now, all the hit I have is from gear so there isn't really anything I could do about it. In terms of the meta gem, I do agree the 21 agi and 3% crit requires only 1 blue gem but isn't the one I have (chaotic skyflare) better?
    Losing the requirement for 2 blue gems, allows you to gem a full red gem, instead of a purple, thus being a dps increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Racetrack
    Changes:

Use 21 Agility 3% Crit Meta. Only requires 1 blue gem.
    Yep just socket a +10 to all stats

well then, I guess I know what I'll be changing tonight... thanks for the help, keep it coming if you guys see other stuff