Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Warbringer, now useless?

Its still worth taking to go around a map. From a PVE point of view ( could not care less about fail pvp ) It was good to break snares in encounters, but meh. All rooms are tiny so I can just intervene a raid member now anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Awkardemic
    The only thing that sucks about it is that it's another PvP change that kills PvE use... annoying.
    Need a hard hat there chicken little?

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly
    Need a hard hat there chicken little?
    I have my right to be annoyed at the change... but I suppose you've got the right to be an idiot as well.

I have my right to be annoyed at the change... but I suppose you've got the right to be an idiot as well.
    Relax, captain hyperbole.

It's not "killing" warbringer for PvE. It's just losing some utility and it's not even that much of a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly
    Relax, captain hyperbole.

It's not "killing" warbringer for PvE. It's just losing some utility and it's not even that much of a loss.
    It does 'remove' some of the snare/root dispell utility. Didn't state anywhere that it killed the whole talent now did it?

The only thing that sucks about it is that it's another PvP change that kills PvE use... annoying.
    Stupidity crits you for over 90.000 damage.
    Rogues don't do buffs or other group things. If you want a hug ask the Paladin.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by myo
    srs? you wont be able to charge while snared if it no longer removes the snare...
    its not like "oh hey im rooted, ill just bring the roots w/ me as i charge you"

that would kind of negate what blizz is trying to do w/ the nerf
    It will work just like the talent in arms when you use Charge in combat (or like when you use intercept without any talent at all). You won't be able to use Charge/Intercept at all when you're rooted, but you can still use Charge/Intercept if you're slowed (like hamstring or crippling poison) and that slow effect will still be on you after you've used charge (it does not remove them).

Oh and btw, why is it that as soon as something gets nerfed (even though it's not that big of a change) people think it has gotten completely useless? I mean, I see this kind of posts every time something gets nerfed...

Quote Originally Posted by Nudle
    Stupidity crits you for over 90.000 damage.
    *Reflect*

*Sigh*

It's hard, isn't it?

Besides keep on topic. I don't care for your lack of reading comprehension, your opinion or your ability to assume widely.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

*Reflect*

*Sigh*

It's hard, isn't it?

Besides keep on topic. I don't care for your lack of reading comprehension, your opinion or your ability to assume widely.
    I think he meant that it won't "kill" PvE use... This change is so small in PvE that it's barely worth thinking about. I mean, on how many bosses in IcC does this even have any effect at all? I can't think of a single fight where it does.

15+ Year Old Account

PvE use... annoying.
    What pve use?

I can't seem to remember many bosses/trash pulls that root you. And if there are any, of which of those does it matter?

You can still charge with a snare on you. Always could, before and after warbringer.

The main point of the talent is to allow Charge in combat. Breaking snares was an extra and an afterthought. Tell me, how would you have reacted if it still broke snares, but no longer allowed the use of Charge in combat? It's obvious which quality is more valuable.

i r qq bc i knw wars r good at evrytng but prot pvp is real good pre nerf. i pwn all classes even healers bc i can take off buffs and silence. i r pro in arena but nerf gonna hurt b/c im one of those ppl that are real life pros.

Quote Originally Posted by Skutch
    Any reason to waste a talent point on this in 3.3.2?

Warbringer: This talent no longer allows Charge and Intercept to break roots or snares. Intervene remains unaffected.
    Because 95% of the warriors that picked warbringer did it for the root/snare break.

... or was it 100%?

I have an idea, don't spec into it... that way you don't have to complain about it not breaking snares and roots ... while at the same time you can't charge in combat... or use charge/intervene/intercept in ANY stance.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by plee
    i r qq bc i knw wars r good at evrytng but prot pvp is real good pre nerf. i pwn all classes even healers bc i can take off buffs and silence. i r pro in arena but nerf gonna hurt b/c im one of those ppl that are real life pros.
    ???

What pve use?
    It's for me still an annoyance that it's no longer useable to undo snares or roots. While I could've stated my annoyance clearer; it's still accurate. There's plenty of creep about that use roots or snares; such as in Forge of Souls (Frost Nova).

It doesn't destroy it's use (As in the talent overall) it does however destroy it's use as a snare and root breaker... in PvE.

15+ Year Old Account

It's for me still an annoyance that it's no longer useable to undo snares or roots.
    I can understand roots. I'd rather it not go away. Still not a big deal though.

But why do snares matter? You still can charge with them, and in PvE wont need it to be broken after that.

Quote Originally Posted by seam

But why do snares matter? You still can charge with them, and in PvE wont need it to be broken after that.
    True for most cases. But once in a while you try to get agro on multiple casters that aren't exactly standing next to each other. In those cases it's nice to do without the snare after charging one. (Yes you can Heroic Throw but most of the time I use that to pull a caster in the pack already.)

Though it's mainly roots either way... and I'll still have it for obvious reasons. :-P

They should make it so it refreshes the cooldown on heroic throw when rooted...that way we can still pick up casters, and prevents us from getting omgwtfpwned in pvp by getting chain rooted/trapped, while we are waiting on the CC to break...heroic throw doesn't do "insane burst dmg," but the silence will prevent us from being sitting ducks.
    Casters can still run away while silenced in pvp, and los the warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by seam

Finally someone says what I've been saying from the start. It is not that big of a PVE nerf. If you don't like the change then you're welcome to leave the class or not spend the talent point.

The change is pretty insignificant for PvE...

As for PvP, who doesn't charge in Combat? And you can still intervene to break roots/snares.

QQ more.