Demonology Raid help

So, I am the Demonology warlock in my guild. I understand the point of demonology is sacrificing personal DPS for teh greater good of buffing the raid. I sit raid buffed (pre Ring the Trinket Procs) at around 4100 Spell Damage so i am buffing all casters around 410 spell damage.

I am reviewing my personal DPS numbers in ICC 25 this week and i feel like i could be doing a lot more and wanted to ask advice from fellow Demonology raiders out there. Are my numbers way off or am i right about where i should be. I dont really have anyone else in the guild to compare myself to except a few affliction locks who SHOULD be blowing me out of thew water.

My rotation is COD (OR COA) depending on the fight, Corruption, Immo, SB Spam until MC Procs then Incinerate. Spam Soul Fire when Decimate procs. I pop Meta when ever i can, i try to pop it early in the fight in hopes that i can pop it again during Decimate phase.

Armory link:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...gath&cn=Gurias

I am wearing the gear that gives me my maximum spell power for the raid buff. I also have the tir 10 (ilevel 251) shoulders that i thought i should switch into for more personal DPS but not sure if it is worth it since my primary job is buffing the raid.

Here are a few reports from World Of Logs for my raid this week:

Lord Marrowgar:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1642&e=1840

I was 15th at 5100 DPS. I feel like i should be higher, the Affliction Lock in the raid was pulling 8200. I feel like i should be able to do closer to 6.5 am i way off here?

Festergut:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5349&e=5609

I was 17th on Festergut with 5,800 DPS the other locks were pulling 8k and 8.3k again i feel like i should only ba about 1k maybe 1.5k behind them.

Rotface:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5830&e=6142

14th at 5,700 DPS, other lock at 6,800 and 7,600.

Blood Princes:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=11477&e=11746

8th on Blood Princes with 5,700. I know i should be able to throw a SB on the off target to proc Decimation then spam SF on the main target but we were still learning the fight so i should do better here this week.

Blood Queen:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=15055&e=15378

I was bitten last (since my DPS is low until execute phase) so this fight is probably hard to get any good numbers from but i was pulling 8200 and only bitten for 60 seconds.

Re: Demonology Raid help

Well looking at the Marrowgar log.

I can see hero was blown so early, dependant on fight ofc my guild generally blow hero at 30% for execute phase, thus giving you 1 chance at pull to pre pot/meta and nuke, then meta again for exucute and hero which boosts demo lock damage so much.

Im noticing that you didnt attack the spikes much, granted no-one wants to have to swap targets for more damage, but gettin decimate of them help you keep good damage up also with corruption on them = more chance of molten core procs.

On festergut i cant comment to much becuause i manage to blag a spot stood at melee whilst raiding as demo which helps alot, again your guild still poping hero pre 30% on that fight which nerfs you abit. Your corruption and immolate uptime is pretty low and you dont get many incinerate casts off... Also CoA? you should choose CoD on mobs that alive over 1 min, as CoA doesnt proc Molten core.

Looking at you fights overall generally you should be using CoD over CoA, And you need to keep your dots up abit more on some of them. Focus on gettin incinerate off when ever Molten core procs Dont waste seconds etc, make sure you got add ons like Power Auras to notice it ASAP. And get more Soul Fires off, i usually end up with soulfire over SB on my fights, so just make sure your proper spamming it in execute phase.

And if you can get your guild to save hero for 30% ish, But that shouldnt be the reason your damage is so low (it will just help) If your guild pops hero early, save 1st Meta for that, and then use it again when at execute phase.

Hope this helps.

it does, thanks. i will give those suggestions a try. i was noticing a lot of unnecessary downtime in my dots aswell, i will have to keep a better eye on it. I guess since the change to MC we should be keeping corruption up thru the Decimation phase aswell in hopes to proc a MC, i was not doing this on the eariler in the week fights but i was trying to on the blood queen last night.

Well TC really said what needed to be said. I have one suggestion though. Get more haste and less crit. I know i know, crit will reduce the uptime of DP. It won't be much though, and crit really isn't very good for your dps, especially not compared to haste. Try switching stuff around a bit and play with the uptime on a dummy. You can just set your felguard to attack and keep an eye on the DP. Take off a lot of your crit gear and do it again. But really, crit shouldn't be very necessary for your DP uptime, as long as you don't avoid it completely. Haste on the other hand will buff your dps quite a bit.

And yes, corruption should be up at all times.

Most major things already covered.

CoD over CoA. If you are going to pop meta early for a BL try to time a CoD with meta up. It will increase the final damage.

Keep Immolate and Corruption up even during decimate phase. Corruption can proc molten core which makes your Soul Fires hit harder and Immolate does the most damage per cast time of any spell (besides CoD) due to its greatly extended duration.

You don't mention which spec you are coming from but make sure to queue up your casts so you don't have dps lost due to lag between casts.

Other than the mostly obvious stuff the biggest tricks to Demo DPS are learning how to use, or abuse, the Meta CD and Decimate as much as possible during fights. Looking at the first wing of ICC Demo locks should be able to use Decimate to gain extra dps on every fight. Spikes on Marrowgar, Adds on lady deathwisper, Killing trash on the boat and the adds on saurfang.