Fun trick in TOC5

So if you have the fortune to fight against the Blood Elf mage(i dont know the horde equivalent) make sure to spell steal the haste buff. If you also have the fortune of being arcane, pop IV and get your missile barrage proc. Lastly have your shaman in group pop hero.

When the stars aligned for me I let my arcane missiles fly. Casting time for all five ended up being ~.6 seconds.

It's worth doing at least once. The missiles are nearly on top of each other, you'll probably get a few /w's asking what the hell just flew out of your hands.

Mannoroth-US
    Deedalee - 85 Fire Mage
    All of my alts are dead.

Re: Fun trick in TOC5

Yeah, that's fun. When I had just dinged 80 on my mage and had really low dps, I used to do that.

Alternatively, you could spellsteal the ranger's buff, the one that gives your ranged attacks roughly 2K more damage. When I had reeeeeeeally bad gear, I'd do that and just wand stuff for more damage :P

I dont even know the last time I've actually used my wand... except when i want to harass lowbies...

This reminded me of the tree area of The Nexus as well. All the lil flower mobs have a +2% damage buff. I tried to get it stacked pretty high, but it capped at 15 applications (30%). Did they change this? I thought it had stacked indefinitely.
    Mannoroth-US
    Deedalee - 85 Fire Mage
    All of my alts are dead.

The haste buff is definetly fun. Kinda reminds me of the Haste buff the flamecasters in ZA had. I loved spealstealing that and becoming an arcane missile machine gun. At least till i went oom.

Didn't think about the lightning arrow buff off the hunter, i'll try that out next time

I actually leveled on my warlock using mostly my wand. I will be one of the few to admit I didn't know what I was doing when leveling up, so I would send in my voidwalker and wand everything to death. I've come along way from then. I no longer raid as of 3.3 with my new job, but I still out dps people in all 25 ICC gear.

Another little trick for 5 man ToC is getting on the mounts with your weapon and not your lance. I love when pugs ask me "How the hell do you have your weapon equipped on the horse." If they are nice people and not arrogant pricks I usually tell them the trick. It's fairly simple to do, so I won't bother mentioning how to here, being as everyone on these forums KNOWS everything about everything, and thus it was a waste of time to even mention this little trick, since they already know how to do it.

If someone doesn't post how to do it, and you want to know, pop on my server and look up Oafus, Penatar, or Paulrevere and I'll explain it.
    I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $359.76 says know your role.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traejun
    I've blown up punk ass dragons before...I'll do it again.

Yeah those buffs are pretty sweet. I have a macro set up to spellsteal the haste buff when DBM announces she has the buff. GCD (over)capped everything ftw.

And if I get it as a random and I am unfortunate enough to get grouped with a crappy tank who can't hold aggro over my normal dps (let alone my uberhasted dps) I'll then resort to stealing the hunter buff and wanding while still putting out decent dps. Unfortunately I'll probably end up leaving group after that since there aren't any handy tricks to help deal with turrible tanks on any of the other fights.

Another fun trick, not in TOC, but in UP. The final boss does a stun that you can blink out of, iceblock, or use EMFH human racial, and if you wait till you have 4 stacks of Arcane Blast Debuffs, and cast all your CD, you can keep the rest of your group stunned for most, maybe even all of the fight. Just make sure to cast MI before you go nuts. If you don't kill the boss yourself, make sure you invis if the MI copies die. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by He Hate Me
    Another fun trick, not in TOC, but in UP. The final boss does a stun that you can blink out of, iceblock, or use EMFH human racial, and if you wait till you have 4 stacks of Arcane Blast Debuffs, and cast all your CD, you can keep the rest of your group stunned for most, maybe even all of the fight. Just make sure to cast MI before you go nuts. If you don't kill the boss yourself, make sure you invis if the MI copies die. ;D
    I usually try to entice bets on highest damage for that fight.
    Mannoroth-US
    Deedalee - 85 Fire Mage
    All of my alts are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    And if you don't kill it, i wouldn't be taunting it for pulling such a stunt

I believe in nexus there's a 200% haste buff from one of the mobs, that can be spellstolen. Also, the dog mobs are able to be enslaved by warlocks. They tend to crit for like 16K, but you're not able to Dark Pact them. There's also the runic shield from the mobs in UK.
    It's 50% haste and increases spell power by 500, gotta love 13k-15k dps single target on the first boss there <3

Spellstealing Dusk Shaman Lycanthropy in UP is scads of fun too.

Although nothing spectacular or new to add to this thread. Things I enjoy doing in heroics:

1. Of course spell stealing the mages haste buff in ToC5.

2. The tank pulling all 3 groups of mobs before the second boss(s) in ToC and watching all the crits go flying.

3. Pulling the first 2 groups of mobs on the initial bank in Pit of Saron (you know the ones who just seem to be a massive pain in the butt for nearly all groups), then popping MI and IV and watching my DPS go through the roof without having to worry about aggro. I think instead of me worrying about how the tank and healer are going to deal with this one the mobs actually worry.

4. In Halls of stone when the rock dude boss turns you all to stone you can just blink out of it.

5. The same applies to the last boss in UP, Blink on first one, IB on second, Blink again and you get a nearly full interrupted run on your IV.
    <b>Soon</b>: Copyright 2004-2010 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

Spellstealing isn't a trick. Neither is combining "spellstolen" buffs with cooldowns and procs.

Zul Aman has a nice haste spell steal
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

Since I'm able to throw out 11k~ burst DPS without it, I just generally have the rest of the party go on one mob, and me go on the little gnome mage, put fire ward on, and I kill the mage in around 10 secs. Quite fun.

How is this a trick. DBM even yells at me when his buff goes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Herrbrun
    Spellstealing isn't a trick. Neither is combining "spellstolen" buffs with cooldowns and procs.
    See number 6. If you master the art of spell stealing, it would be considered a "trick" every time you use it. ???

trick  /trɪk/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [trik] Show IPA ,
    Use trick in a Sentence
    See images of trick
    Search trick on the Web
    –noun 1. a crafty or underhanded device, maneuver, stratagem, or the like, intended to deceive or cheat; artifice; ruse; wile.
    2. an optical illusion: It must have been some visual trick caused by the flickering candlelight.
    3. a roguish or mischievous act; practical joke; prank: She likes to play tricks on her friends.
    4. a mean, foolish, or childish action.
    5. a clever or ingenious device or expedient; adroit technique: the tricks of the trade.
    6. the art or knack of doing something skillfully: You seem to have mastered the trick of making others laugh.
    7. a clever or dexterous feat intended to entertain, amuse, etc.: He taught his dog some amazing tricks.
    8. a feat of magic or legerdemain: card tricks.
    9. a behavioral peculiarity; trait; habit; mannerism.
    10. a period of duty or turn; stint; tour of duty: I relieved the pilot after he had completed his trick at the wheel.
    11. Cards. a. the group or set of cards played and won in one round.
    b. a point or scoring unit.
    c. a card that is a potential winner. Compare honor trick.

12. Informal. a child or young girl: a pretty little trick.
    13. Slang. a. a prostitute's customer.
    b. a sexual act between a prostitute and a customer.

14. Heraldry. a. a preliminary sketch of a coat of arms.
    b. engraver's trick.

Stuff
    DBM yelling things at me is hardly skillful.

15+ Year Old Account

If we use definition 13, this thread suddenly takes on a whole new meaning... O.o

I would say that while Spellstealing interesting buffs is old hat to us veteran mages, it can still seem like a neat trick to newer mages or casual players. Let's not argue semantics--the original poster did bring up a valid use of spellsteal, even if it's already well known to some of us.

On a side note, another 'trick' in ToC 5: If the paladin boss stuns you, you can blink out of it (or do anything else that removes it--priests and paladins can cleanse it, pvp trinket/EMFH, etc.). When he throws his hammer at you a few seconds later, you'll catch it and be able to throw it back at him for 15,000 damage. If you get the 'killing' blow with his hammer, you'll get the "Faceroller" achievement.

I'd call it correct employment of your arsenal! Anything else is pretty mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by Herrbrun
    I'd call it correct employment of your arsenal! Anything else is pretty mediocre.
    Yes the above are not necessarily tricks, as any one who has been playing longer than before "spam heroics get free epics" but to new players, they may not be aware of what their Mage can do and I am damn sure I have seen plenty of other Mage's who do not spell steal the buff.

In addition I do not use DBM unless I am in a progression raid, general awareness and experience keep me alive.

Back to your comment, around 95% of the WoW community is mediocre or bellow.

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST!
    <b>Soon</b>: Copyright 2004-2010 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."