Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Cataclysm overhaul for Death Knights

You know, I honestly hope they they do not change anything, that way tossers can complain about PvP while I continue my 2200 streak.

If you haven't learned to play your class yet, reroll worgen rouge when Cata comes out, you're not wanted here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side
    i say put the class the way it was a t release. i dont know from a dps standpoint but from tanking it was a dream come true. unholy was viable for tanking,it ment more aoe damage and even a good mitigation tool. sadly they screwed with the mitigation, destroyed the aoe buff and above all screwed pestalence so it does no damage. i started a death knight so i could be a AOE tank, not so i could rock the meters with my 1336 deeps. give us back our blight :'(
    While we're at it lets put rets the way they were at release right?

there are several dig changes coming though.. the new talents together with mastery... but also haste will affect rune cooldowns (they will get off cooldown faster... or atleast i've read that... could already be changed... or a change still to come)

If you haven't learned to play your class yet, reroll worgen rouge when Cata comes out, you're not wanted here.
    Who isnt wanted here? No one is really complaning about the class (well maybe some pvpers but I persoanlly dont even pvp so I wouldn't know) we have been taking time to identifing the class' current set up and ways to imporve it. This inst a QQ thread or somethign like that.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAOxY_nHdew
    Quote Originally Posted by Norlak
    It's all irrelevant to be honest. In the coming expansion, some random Joe Sixpack quest giver will still be ordering me, the godslaying lich-king defeating badass, to do some random poop-related quests.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&cn=Lysonder

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo_red13
    Who isnt wanted here? No one is really complaning about the class (well maybe some pvpers but I persoanlly dont even pvp so I wouldn't know) we have been taking time to identifing the class' current set up and ways to imporve it. This inst a QQ thread or somethign like that.
    Well then, excuse me a bit. I just think people saying that there are ways to improve a class means there are problems. There are problems with all classes, but we learn to deal with them, and push forward.

Must I point out Prot Pallies at the beginning of TBC? You learn what your problems are and with work you play your class.

Also that post wasn't directed specificly at anyone in this topic, moreso at the "average" dk. I have a strong belief that about... 80% of the DK population is completely stupid (I CAN RAID HEALZ IN BLOOD) and usually post my snappy comments referring to that group of people.

Blockvalue will be gone.
    Def will be gone.

So there won't be a massive difference between overgeared prot paladins and deathknights in "doesnt matter content" anymore.

Next thing to fix is on a more "on demand" burst ability. Not having something like that to catch some adds is the major problem of having a rune system, but they know the problem, so lets see what happens.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

I personally hate that they're doing away with defense, and only for one reason. It'll make finding a good tank incredibly difficult, due to any tosser with dual spec being able to tank. So it'll probably influence gearscore's hold over the raiding population, AND enforce stam tanking instead of effective health.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxix
    I have a strong belief that about... 80% of the DK population is completely stupid (I CAN RAID HEALZ IN BLOOD) and usually post my snappy comments referring to that group of people.
    That would give DK's about a 19% intelligence ratio advantage over the rest of the classes.

Quote Originally Posted by jai151
    That would give DK's about a 19% intelligence ratio advantage over the rest of the classes.
    Meh, exaggerations are exactly that. I haven't met too many stupid Rouges / Ferals... But everything else is kinda stuck...

blizzard has said already that dk's will not get a complete overhaul, but will be tweeked. Which they need. Of all the classes in the game, they need an overhaul the least amt. Best overhaul for DK's imo would be requiring an IQ test be taken before anyone makes a DK, so we can weed out the retards who are dragging the overall skill lvl of that class down the toilet.

DK = dumb kids

Quote Originally Posted by Torwyn
    this.
    yeah. i REALLY dislike the tanking rotations as DK. And it makes sense that the blood CD's use a blood rune, and a frost CD uses a frost rune etc..... Except that as blood, you need the blood runes more than other runes.... so now you are diverting your threat or have to wait up to 10 seconds if you just used those abilities.
    Your options are not use the blood rune for heart strike before any massive incoming damage. if the damage comes, you got your CD, if the damage doesnt, you just wasted threat for no reason. Or if you DO use the blood rune, now you wait up to 10 seconds to pop your CD or blood tap. I dont feel bloodtap was originally designed to be used for tank CDs and nothing else.
    Warriors dont need rage for their CDs, frenzied regen does for druids, but it doesnt remove other abilities for 10 seconds. Same with bubble wall for pallies. They dont drastically gimp their threat by using it. its a very small part of their infinite mana pool. DK's are the only class that have to pop a second CD to not even remotely interfere with threat/rotations. Runic power comes in pretty easy so its not like the RP cost of the other abilities is game breaking (at least no more than frenzied regen).

DK overhaul? naw, its fine. minor tweaks? Yes plz.
    DK is one of those classes where a bad player can do average DPS. but to perfect the rotations in some specs does actually take some skill.

The only thing that needs major improvement is PVP. One viable spec which happens to be kinda bad. Unless your team has the pressure damage needed to make up for the lack of yours. Face it, aside DG, COI and the pet there isn't much else you bring to your team, and it can be replaced very easy. I played 2300+ after the SS nerf we lost a lot of rating and stopped to wait for S8. In S8, with no buff, but a nerf really with the resi buff, I'm being replaced by a rogue. So I wouldn't call DKs fine.

Someone said they want them they way they were. I do too. Not in the same sense I guess, I don't want to have my ears shot with OP and NERF screams. What I mean by they way they were is having more than one viable spec for PVP.

But I hope Cata rated battlegrounds will overtake arenas in popularity and things may change.

Oh yeah, and I miss 2h frost too. Who knows, maybe it will find it's way back.
    Ghostcrawler :
    This isn't a contest to try to get your ideas into the game. Very, very few player suggestions are ever going to see the light of day. If you find that prospect too frustrating, then spend more effort describing problems rather than offering solutions, or just read along instead of posting.

Wtf are you all whining about Rune Strike not being a decision?
    Just... DONT macro it. Seriously. It makes it more fun. Tbh I never macro'd it but I can't imagine it being better / more fun.

And yes after reading this thread, I noticed I was disappointed aswell with both the lack of other diseases and I always thought it was odd why there aren't any other combinations of Runes used. Like BU, BF and the like instead of just FU.
    Just my two cents while I bugger back to my highly anticipated new stuff for my shaman <3.
    In the Groves of Death

Quote Originally Posted by Roxix
    Meh, exaggerations are exactly that. I haven't met too many stupid Rouges / Ferals... But everything else is kinda stuck...
    Ferals are so damn hard to get the rotation even relatively down and suck so badly if their rotation is off that you just don't see many of them period. Every other class/spec combination, though, is infested with... well, i'd call them morons, but that would be an insult to morons.

Hunters and DKs are cursed by popularity. There is no great flocking of imbeciles to one class or another, and the vast majority of players suck, across all classes. I have seen nothing that leads me to believe there are a greater concentration of the skill-less in any one class.

New spells you would like to see for cata (The DK edition)

(There might have been one of these already but i didnt see it so bare with me) As the topic states post what you want to see for DK's in cata.
    To start things off heres somethings i thought of.

1) Rename blood plague to rotting plage and place blood plague to the blood tree. This gives all 3 specs a disease of their own which leads to..
    2) New talent:
    (blood) Blood taint: Your diseases now affect the target with blood taint. The blood taint acts as a disease and increases physical damage taken by the target by 5%.
    (frost) Glacial core: Your diseases now affect the target with glacial core. The glacial core acts as a disease that increases critical strike chance against the target by 5%.
    (blood) Blood frenzy: Your heart strikes/ blood strikes have a 5/10/15% chance to cast a blood boil that consumes no rune
    (unholy) Carrion swarm: costs 30 RP. The death knight is surrounded by an unholy swarm that causes X damage over 15 seconds and causes a high amount of threat .
    3) New spells:
    Void zone: 30 RP: The death knight opens a void zone at his feet causing X damage over Y seconds (damage is increased while in frost presence). Causes high amounts of threat .
    Apocalypse: 1 unholy rune and 1 blood rune: The death knight blasts a cone of unholy energy causing X amount of damage with an additional y damage over 10 sec. Causes increased threat in frost presence.
    Summon Vengeful spirit: 60RP 5 min cooldown: The death knight summons a vengeful ghost to attack the target for 30 sec. Each of the ghosts attack refresh the duration of your diseases on the target.
    Summon abomination: 30 RP 2 min cooldown: The death knight summons an abomination that attacks the target for 30 sec. Each of the abominations attacks explode the diseases on the target causing X damage over Y sec.

Just to name a few ...really hope DK's get more AoE tanking abilities in the near future... :-\ so start listing things you want!
    EDIT: some new stuff

Re: New spells you would like to see for cata (The DK edition)

If you've read ANYTHING about Cata, you would know they're not adding completely new talents.

They stated they arent making up to another tier and they are revising the trees to make more "fun" talents. This would leave a gaping whole in our trees and that wouldnt make sense to not make new talents. And besides...its just a fun thread.

I'd like for unholy to get a bottem tier talent that changes the ghoul into raise abomination but thats just me

merging this topic with the one that is 7 pages long already...

Glyph to take the taunt off Death Grip and Army first and foremost. A deep Unholy talent that makes the Ghoul into something different and stronger. Something in deep Blood for an AoE move that leans more toward tanking then DPS a la Howling Blast.
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore