Warrior T10 really?

Anyone else just generally unhappy with warrior t10, it lacks expertise and now they just dropped dodge to add armor? Am I alone in this lol?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Warrior T10 really?

they removed the defence for the additional armor, and they gave them some more parry.

on the hand they removed 63 dodge and added about a 1000 armor... I dunno, I understand that they want to nerf dodge but still lol this is pretty lame imo.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Talbot983
    Anyone else just generally unhappy with warrior t10, it lacks expertise and now they just dropped dodge to add armor? Am I alone in this lol?
    well nowaday armor and stama is the way, the idea some1 have on elitist is to reach 75% reduction from armor this combine with stama then avoidance will be the best choice for hard modes.

Howeaver I'm a bit sceptical on the lacks of expertise, don't like to gem to reach the 26 cap

Mostly I'm just cheesed off at how this again homogenizes the tanking pool and turns us all into mana sponges. I like having a high amount of avoidance to go along with my high health and feel the DR on armor hits too hard. Then again I may still be in my BC mode of thinking as far as armor went when in comparison to avoidance and mitigation in order to become unhittable.

15+ Year Old Account

i would like to add, that come cataclysm, this is the kind of stats you will see, since defence is being removed, this is just like a little taste of things to come.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly
    Mostly I'm just cheesed off at how this again homogenizes the tanking pool and turns us all into mana sponges.
    I said this in another thread, but...

How can you be a mana sponge if your healers never go oom? They (should) be spamming heals on you anyway, so if it hits every time or hits half the time, your still getting the same heals. Is it that bad to make the healing less overheal and more effective heals? Besides, armor is one of the best stat you can get for EH (Well, I think it falls right behind stam....).

And as Neofrascati said
    well nowaday armor and stama is the way, the idea some1 have on elitist is to reach 75% reduction from armor this combine with stama then avoidance will be the best choice for hard modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Neofrascati

Howeaver I'm a bit sceptical on the lacks of expertise, don't like to gem to reach the 26 cap
    I planned (and still do) to get the offset chest and the t10 pants. Those two pieces will softcap me, though I'm a human and will be using a mace/sword. Though, I will have to gem for hit if I get the offset gloves (I probably will, they are getting updated too), but we shall see. :X

I would like to get Pillars of Might but I can't really plan for them. Pillars and Kraken will make me gem expertise and hit all over the place lol.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Quote Originally Posted by Jaese
    I planned (and still do) to get the offset chest and the t10 pants. Those two pieces will softcap me, though I'm a human and will be using a mace/sword. Though, I will have to gem for hit if I get the offset gloves (I probably will, they are getting updated too), but we shall see. :X

I would like to get Pillars of Might but I can't really plan for them. Pillars and Kraken will make me gem expertise and hit all over the place lol.
    This is merely a curiosity question, not a judgment thing. What gear do you have on that lacks hit? I am drowning in hit (348) without gemming or enchanting it. I'd like to see what pieces you have so I can compare and slide off some of mine.

They added about ~2,000 armor in exchange for about 2% avoidance.

Fair trade, kind of lopsided to our favor, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    Send that bitch a smiley face...Bitches loooove smilie faces.

Mostly I'm just cheesed off at how this again homogenizes the tanking pool and turns us all into mana sponges. I like having a high amount of avoidance to go along with my high health and feel the DR on armor hits too hard. Then again I may still be in my BC mode of thinking as far as armor went when in comparison to avoidance and mitigation in order to become unhittable.
    You are complaining about the DR on armor (in terms of TTL, there is none until the hardcap) when comparing it to dodge, which actually does have DR.

Are you dumb or bad?

This was a great improvement.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS
    This is merely a curiosity question, not a judgment thing. What gear do you have on that lacks hit? I am drowning in hit (348) without gemming or enchanting it. I'd like to see what pieces you have so I can compare and slide off some of mine.
    You can check my Armory (link in sig) but I just started employing my gear plan (which only includes gear that I know I can obtain (i.e. primarily 10-man gear, since that is what my guild is doing atm)).

t10 Helm
    Marrowgar's Scratching Choker
    t10 Shoulders
    Frost Emblem Cloak
    Frost Emblem Chest (Heavy Expertise)
    Gargoyle Spit Bracers
    Bonebreaker Scepter (Hit)
    Neverending Winter
    Blades of the Sable Cross (Hit)
    t10 Gloves (Hit)
    Frost Emblem Belt
    t10 Pants (Heavy Expertise)
    Boots of Kingly Upheaval (Hit)
    Ashen Verdict Ring (Hit)
    Abomination's Bloody Ring (Hit)
    2x Trinkets (Armor/Stam/Avoidance, whatever I need for a fight)

That's off the top of my head. I'm golden on expertise from gear + human racial and on hit without gemming or enchanting for either. I will probably knock out the t10 gloves for Gauntlets of the Kraken if they proceed to update them and deal with gemming hit (I have plenty of sockets to handle it). Or I may keep the gloves. This upgrade really threw a wrench in the works.

The t10 pants I'm less likely to drop.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Quote Originally Posted by Jaese
    You can check my Armory (link in sig) but I just started employing my gear plan (which only includes gear that I know I can obtain (i.e. primarily 10-man gear, since that is what my guild is doing atm)).

t10 Helm
    Marrowgar's Scratching Choker
    t10 Shoulders
    Frost Emblem Cloak
    Frost Emblem Chest (Heavy Expertise)
    Gargoyle Spit Bracers
    Bonebreaker Scepter (Hit)
    Neverending Winter
    Blades of the Sable Cross (Hit)
    t10 Gloves (Hit)
    Frost Emblem Belt
    t10 Pants (Heavy Expertise)
    Boots of Kingly Upheaval (Hit)
    Ashen Verdict Ring (Hit)
    Abomination's Bloody Ring (Hit)
    2x Trinkets (Armor/Stam/Avoidance, whatever I need for a fight)

That's off the top of my head. I'm golden on expertise from gear + human racial and on hit without gemming or enchanting for either. I will probably knock out the t10 gloves for Gauntlets of the Kraken if they proceed to update them and deal with gemming hit (I have plenty of sockets to handle it).

The t10 pants I'm less likely to drop.
    I can't check armory right now, it's down =(

I'm guessing that is your wish list, since it would be impossible to have spent that many frost badges by now. I too am 10 man only and I have the a lot of the same gear that you listed on that list. I don't know, I just have too much hit and even though it isn't a bad thing really, I wish I could get a bit more exp in place of some of it. I'll check your armory as soon as it comes up.

My armory only has 3 of those pieces (belt, cloak, boots). The rest is welfare gear. Only been running ICC for a couple weeks now.

Yeah, that is my wish list, based only off bosses I've killed. Had an alt run daily randoms to get frost emblems for primordial saronite so I wouldn't have to spend money/frost on my main for them. It would have taken me till March to get all 5 but I was blessed with a hilt drop so the funds from that bought the last 3 for me.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Jaese why u want to drop the 4-Set bonus to get the Frostemblem Hands? The Bonus is much better then that what u gain from the emblem hands.

Quote Originally Posted by marodeur
    Jaese why u want to drop the 4-Set bonus to get the Frostemblem Hands? The Bonus is much better then that what u gain from the emblem hands.
    That was probably going to be the sticking point in the end to get me to stick with t10. That and the ability to upgrade on the off chance that I do get into a 25 man sometime. I've been wobbling back and forth for a couple days now and the armor update wasn't helping.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry
    You are complaining about the DR on armor (in terms of TTL, there is none until the hardcap) when comparing it to dodge, which actually does have DR.

Are you dumb or bad?

This was a great improvement.
    For every point of 1% less physical damage from armor it takes more armor than the prior 1%. That's diminishing returns. Eventually you can gain enough armor that it becomes zero returns.

I'm not arguing whether it's an improvement or not, I even agree that it's going to be an improvement considering that you cannot achieve passive unhittability these days.

I just kind of miss getting unhittable.

15+ Year Old Account

For every point of 1% less physical damage from armor it takes more armor than the prior 1%. That's diminishing returns. Eventually you can gain enough armor that it becomes zero returns.

I'm not arguing whether it's an improvement or not, I even agree that it's going to be an improvement considering that you cannot achieve passive unhittability these days.

I just kind of miss getting unhittable.
    Wrong, and correct and the same time.

While it DOES take the more armor per %, you get the same net damage reduction.

The gains you get from it are linear. I can't remember the example exactly, but I belive it was going from 0 to 2% less damage taken is the same as going from 50 to 51%, and both take the same armor to achieve.

I'd have to look it up, but armor does not get hit with DR.

Edit: Looked it up, Basicly 1-50% grants you 50% less damage right? 50-75% Also grants you 50% less damage.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Armor
    http://wow.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=365730
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=armor+diminishing+returns+wow

Graph: http://www.wowwiki.com/File:ArmorVsTimeToLive-LVL70.PNG
    It's 70, but I saw the same one but at 80 on tankspot before they updated.