2pc T9 Demo vs 4pc t10

Hey, I raid as demo and I currently use 2pc t9 with 2pc t10. The 10% crit bonus with t9 is a huge buff for the pet and keeping Demonic Pact up.

So my question is... Is gaining a pretty decent dps bonus worth proccing DP less? or would it really not have much of a difference?
    Here is my Armory for any questions: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...an&cn=Cocopufs, and yes I know I am under hit cap... just went horde from alliance and haven't regemmed yet.

Re: 2pc T9 Demo vs 4pc t10

With the huge amount of crit on our gear nowadays I don't think Demonic Pact procs are an issue that much. Also, you need to remember that even though we Demonology locks bring a very nice buff, we are still a DPS class/spec so the 4pc T10 is superior to 2pc T9. I was thinking the same thing as you but after some debate I decided to drop the 2pc T9.

Edit: Nice name :P
    http://www.badomen.info/website/
    Bad Omen recruiting!
    7/13 heroic 25
    Lf:
    Death Knight (DPS)
    Holy Paladin
    Shadow Priest

As Affliction, I got a 55% uptime on Devious Minds on Saurfang 25 tonight.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1543&e=1790

Just throwing this up for some calculations, since UA doesn't cale with haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Horcrux
    With the huge amount of crit on our gear nowadays I don't think Demonic Pact procs are an issue that much. Also, you need to remember that even though we Demonology locks bring a very nice buff, we are still a DPS class/spec so the 4pc T10 is superior to 2pc T9. I was thinking the same thing as you but after some debate I decided to drop the 2pc T9.

Edit: Nice name :P
    ty :P

I know it will be a pretty big dps bonus, but no one expects a demo lock to top dmg and even though I pull 7-8k on some bosses, I am brought for the raid dps increase. Regardless, I greatly appreciate the response and I will do some number crunching soon

Thanks
    -Ode

15+ Year Old Account

Load up your profile from the armory
    Set it to Helter Skelter, 2 adds, 300 second fight
    Go to the Simulation page and hit Simulate
    Write down this dps number, and also your Demonic Pact uptime %
    Go back to the Simulation page, scroll back once to bring up the same profile, then edit the NAME ONLY of the gear to be T10.
    Hit Simulate.

Compare your personal dps - it should increase.
    Compare your Demonic Pact uptime - it should decrease.

(# of DPS Casters not including you in your raid) x 1.8 x (Your personal spell power fully buffed x .1) x (Difference in Demonic Pact Uptime)
    VS
    Simulation 2 DPS - Simulation 1 DPS

My numbers:

~6 casters excluding me x 1.8 x (4314 x .1) x ( 100% - 97%) = 140 dps
    vs
    Sim2: 7500 - Sim1: 7377 = 123

This does not factor in gear upgrades, so guess what - it's a tie!

However, on movement heavy fights where your pet doesn't stay on the boss the entire time (Blood Princes, Northrend Beasts, Faction Champions, Anubarak), 2pc should be in your bags for you to experiment with.

R.I.P. YARG