RP-PvP Servers. Any good?

How is the status on RP-PvP in general? im thinking about migrating to one.
    My dream realm would be where people are truly interested in World pvp and Bgs. it must have some pvp guilds.
    Where we have no crappy names, and Alliance/Horde difference is small, so that it can be a challenge fighting each other.
    Any suggestions or experiences you can share?

Re: RP-PvP Servers. Any good?

My experience is that RP is dead on most realms.
    Of course I was not on every RP realm, so there is still hope left.

so every time I kill an ally I'd have to /say :"Die you scum in the name of the Horde!!!" ?

I can see why some pvers would like to play RP, but pvp is too ridiculous to be taken seriously for RP. I mean how will you justify 20 people fighting for each other's freaking flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Quaro
    so every time I kill an ally I'd have to /say :"Die you scum in the name of the Horde!!!" ?

I can see why some pvers would like to play RP, but pvp is too ridiculous to be taken seriously for RP. I mean how will you justify 20 people fighting for each other's freaking flag.
    Last time I checked Warsong Gulch is 15v15.

10*

Not like everyone on an RP server RPs 100% of the time :
    People have perfectly normal PvE & PvP activities as well.

@OP: if you like roleplay, and you're into PvP, then yes an RP-PvP server might be for you. However, your post does not mention RP, so I think you're better off on a normal PvP server.

Yeah i do like RP, but im not giving up "good" pvp servers for a lousy rp-pvp, (PvP means more to me than RP )
    So is there any good rp-pvp realms ou there in the EU?

Not sporeggar for sure. Theres no RP no PvP and no PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by arbuzno
    Not sporeggar for sure. Theres no RP no PvP and no PvE.
    wrong, there is alot of PVE on sporegarr ( eu ) there is also some pvp but zero RP

alliance side also btw

Epic fail, sometimes you just have to troll when you have done nothing related to the topic you are replying in.

Quote Originally Posted by Douwe
    wrong, there is alot of PVE on sporegarr ( eu ) there is also some pvp but zero RP

alliance side also btw
    Haha you mean one 25 man raiding guild on alliance side and 2 on horde by a lot? If you imply there are a lot of 10 man raiding guilds thats serious business for sure.

And PvP part is a lie. Everyone who was whatsoever connected to PvP transfered out of this realm, dont try to lure people into this shit hole. Sporeggar nowadays is a DEAD realm with only signs of life coming from Goon Squad trolling trade channel.

You WONT find anyone capable to run 2000+ rating arena (those 2 people who are good enough for 2000 already have teams), you WONT pug any 25 man instance except Ulduar and Naxx. Oh btw you will spend at least 1.30 hours trying to form such a raid, because, as i said, realm is dead.

RP on Sporeggar? Probably it happens during maintenance cos i never saw it playing a year on the realm.

Just saving your 20 bucks here.

Quote Originally Posted by Azav

Yeah i do like RP, but im not giving up "good" pvp servers for a lousy rp-pvp, (PvP means more to me than RP )
    So is there any good rp-pvp realms ou there in the EU?
    Right, well, your average RP-PvP server probably has as much world PvP as your average PvP server.

Defias Brotherhood or The Venture Co are both in Rampage/Saccage and there's a lot of PvP realms in that BG, so perhaps those two are what you're looking for

I've played on DB before, but it's been two years, so I can't really comment on the current situation there.

Trust me, even though a server is marked as "RP", it's still rare to see any actual RP on those realms, except maybe in towns.

So it wouldn't really matter if you chose RP-PvP or just regular PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka
    Epic fail, sometimes you just have to troll when you have done nothing related to the topic you are replying in.
    wtf are you talking about? I was just making a joke I wasn't making fun of him or something.

10+ Year Old Account

Or when you are getting attacked yell "OUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHH OWOWOWOWO, NOOOOO"
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity..and I'm not sure about the the universe." -Albert Einstein

----------------CLICK SIGNATURE FOR ARMORY----------------

Ravenholdt-EU is pretty good. Back when my shammy was here, we had organised PvP events often (city raids as well as organised fights in the world itself). Battleground queues are good, much better than on my current realm. A couple of minutes maximum for all BGs (except probably IoC) and it usually starts with maximum players on each team. I never really bothered with arena here so can't comment on that.

BGs felt like they favoured Horde slightly, with about a 60-40 win/loss ratio, but things were pretty even in my opinion.

As for RP, I don't actively participate much. BGs and World PvP were my main focusses, so I don't really know what the RP is like.
    A friend says she saw people RPing in Silvermoon so it probably isn't completely dead, but I have no idea what the quality was like.

I'm currently levelling my priest - hopefully the realm hasn't died in the few months I was away.
    Judging by the forums the weekly PvP events are still alive, at least.

i saw aswell how great is Stormwind on a rp server defias brotherhood ... i wish there were such a pvp server ... RP seems kinda fun
    talking about EU

Well, I don't know anything about RP servers, yet my only wish is to be in Night Elf only World PvP guild.

Although we had one (Burning Blade EU), Sentinels, in TBC, had around 40 70's, was awesome while it lasted.