Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: [Enh] Engineering vs Jewelry crafting

keep JC and drop enchanting for eng imo.

Thanks for the posts i did end up dropping enchanting instead and last night did a raid and really did notice the difference in dmg output. the extras that you get from this profession are also great to have during anytime your on doing anything. just wish i did it earlier but if anyone else is in doubt i would highly recommend engineering

I am a proud engi/jc on my shaman, and although it was expensive, totally worth it. Love engi, I want it on all my melee toons now.
    Izzirogue of Tyrannosaurus Rekt - Hyjal | @izzirez

haha yeah i dropped about 10k yesterday to quick lvl it to 450 not cheap by any means but im happy with it

Deleted

Speaking as an Engineer trying to progress through ICC10 and 25 here is my opinion on the profession's usefulness to a PvE raider.

Nitro Boosts are completely invaluable in some encounters for preventing death, and provide good DPS increase on fights which have bursts of movement. There are however fights where run speed will beat out boosters. So Engi is less useful in these fights. If boosters had runspeed over 24 crit, they'd be BiS. Easy.

Parachute Cloak is worse than haste enchant for DPS. However the parachute itself can have some VERY niche use, like when you get knocked back and are about to take a killer fall.

You can up your DPS by throwing bombs as you run to a boss if you've already shocked and reshielded.

Hyperspeed Accelerators are fantastic. Works out to be about 68 haste passive but can be popped on the most important part of a fight.

People will love you for your scrapbots... even though they can just use the ashen vendor.

I have both, i was a little worried when i dropped inscription for eng but soon realised it was a great choice! Expensive yes, but sooooo worth it, not only an amazing dps boost but all the bells and whistles that go with it! (jeeves, sprint, portals, ah in dalaran etc)

15+ Year Old Account

if you want two best raiding professions for tanking healing or dps then BS/JC is best way to go.

though going any other non gathering profession can also be good (exception is mining for tanks)

enchanting inscription and lw each give a passive 80 ap total (subtraction what best current enchant is to bracers etc...)

going engineering you might see a very small dps heal or avoidance/stam difference but not close enough to bother with telling someone to change there profession for the guild benefit.

only profession not to go for raiding is herb due to its useless heal that you will forget to use and can be a reason why you dont get accepted into a raiding guild etc...

Go jc/eng. All the cool kids do it.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin