Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Glory of the Ulduar Raider, thanks

So, apparently you can't even thank people these days without getting hated on. Sad state, that.

Gratz, OP.
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenerena
    Yea yea that's fair enough, but the OP didn't ask you to tell them 'OMG you are soo imba im well jealous ahhhh' they simply came on to thank for the good advice and generally felt good about their achievement. Sure to an extent it might be easier now, but that achievement still takes time to do especially committing yourself to going back and filling in the gaps, and getting yourself a pretty 310% mount.

We got it done as a guild back in November and got Algalon down in december. Sure we were a bit late but we were still very proud with our achievements because we had moved forward together as a guild and our achievement points were getting higher.

At the end of the day an achievement is an achievement and it still grants you 25 points. Would you say grats to someone who accomplished 'glory of the hero' or would you turn around and say 'oh you should have done that ages ago' ? No because if you were a decent human being, you would say grats, feel happy for them and move on, without comparing their 'slow progress' to your own amazing progress.
    My comments were't directed at the OP.

Regardless, I don't congratulate people on doing something easy. That's the problem with people. They don't strive to do well in everything they do (whatever they do). Everyone wants rewards and praise for just doing things they are supposed to do, or for things that are extremely easy.

Quote Originally Posted by ewhenn
    My comments were't directed at the OP.

Regardless, I don't congratulate people on doing something easy. That's the problem with people. They don't strive to do well in everything they do (whatever they do). Everyone wants rewards and praise for just doing things they are supposed to do, or for things that are extremely easy.
    the real problem is with aholes that are so full of themselves that they can't say a good word without losing a part of their soul. maybe the OP is a casual player and only only raids 2 hours a week? maybe the OP is from a very weak server where progress is slower? maybe the OP just sucks and it took him 3 months of playing everyday to finally get Yogg+1? the bottom line is that he did get an achievement which to him is a big deal.

the real sad part is that nobody even asked you for a praise, he just said thanks for the help. of course, you just had to use the opportunity to show how leet you are by completely s$^&&ing on his moment.

man, there are so many small and bitter people in this game. btw, the fact that you put that line in your sig really does say a lot about you...

Quote Originally Posted by snirgol
    the real problem is with aholes that are so full of themselves that they can't say a good word without losing a part of their soul. maybe the OP is a casual player and only only raids 2 hours a week? maybe the OP is from a very weak server where progress is slower? maybe the OP just sucks and it took him 3 months of playing everyday to finally get Yogg+1? the bottom line is that he did get an achievement which to him is a big deal.

the real sad part is that nobody even asked you for a praise, he just said thanks for the help. of course, you just had to use the opportunity to show how leet you are by completely s$^&&ing on his moment.

man, there are so many small and bitter people in this game. btw, the fact that you put that line in your sig really does say a lot about you...
    Funny, I don't recall saying anything bad about the OP, and if you read the first line of the comment you replied to I actually explicitly stated my comments were not directed at the OP.

Funny, I don't recall saying anything bad about the OP, and if you read the first line of the comment I replied to I actually explicitly stated my comments were not directed at the OP.
    i understand that and i just used the OP as an example since i see posts like yours everytime somebody posts a thread about an achive. they got. for example, all threads like "yes!!! just got Grand Crusader!", "Sweet, finally we got Algalon" and even "just got my Twilight drake" all results in tons of posts like yours.

my point is that even though everything is ez mode to you and that it is 14739725 tiers later, not everybody is on the same level or pace and at the end of the day, saying grats will not kill you (yes, i promise that it won't).

Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle
    Yeah, 16% of the guilds in the world with GotUR = Free 310% mounts for everyone. Can I point you to the Violet Proto-Drake already?

Gear can't carry you through Firefighter or Yogg+1. If you're stupid no amount of gear is going to save you from taking 1-shot on Firefighter or spawning multiple Guardians on Yogg+1.
    Oh, you mean nerfed yogg, and nerfed firefighter? Nerfed

Nerfed

Overgeared

And Nerfed

Funny, I don't recall saying anything bad about the OP, and if you read the first line of the comment you replied to I actually explicitly stated my comments were not directed at the OP.
    You didn't need to really. We got the bad impression anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by rhoark
    It's not too late till Blizzard says its too late. They have specifically made announcements that they would remove the drakes when they felt the achievement was no longer worth the reward - and that hasn't happened. If it had to be done in 226 gear, it would be on the achievement, like Herald of the Titans.

And if its so faceroll puggable, why is it only 16% of guilds on guildox have done it still? Turns out gear checks aren't the only way an achievment can be hard.

All the people posting hate are like 8 year olds going to a 6 year old's birthday party and ripping on the birthday boy for only being six.

Your birthday party analogy makes no sense. NONE.

I'm not posting hate. I told the OP I was happy he got the drake along with his guildmates. But this late, they do not really deserve them. I was just making a statement. And your comment about Blizzard removing the drakes when they feel those achievements are no longer worth the reward is incorrect. Blizzard did say they will remove the drakes when they are ready, but that was towards the end of Ulduar and it would appear difficulty has no bearing on this decision after all this time. The achievements are all trivial at best. With just TOC gear you can roll in their and shit on the place. The only achievement that requires you to not have total downs is yogg+1. If you haven't figured it out, Blizzard isn't removing the Ulduar drakes probably until ICC hardmodes are out if AT ALL.

Since your analogy about birthdays was terrible and didn't make sense I'll try and do one myself. If your coach tells you that if you hit 10 homeruns in 5 minutes he will give you a brand new Ferrari, and you do this with a wooden bat, then you deserve it. But if then some guy comes up right as the coach is giving you the keys, and your coach offers him the same deal and then the new guy hits 10 homeruns with an aluminum bat, does he really deserve the new car? Most people would tell you no. It's almost like cheating to use an aluminum bat in comparison to the difficulty of using a wooden one. You can draw the same conclusion about the Ulduar drake scenario in this thread. Most people used wooden bats (ilvl226 gear), and then a patch later people were using aluminum bats (ilvl245 gear), and then a patch later people are now using dare I say corked bats (ilvl264 gear).

Many more people will get their drakes before/if they are removed. It is a shame they are so easily obtainable now, but whaddya gonna do. Grats to everyone who ever got one though, whether it was a while ago or today. It's not your fault you can still obtain them today, it's Blizzards.

Those drakes should be removed period. The fact that you can run some 5 mans and in a day be in full tier 9.0 and have all the ilvl 245 items from the triumph vendor and then go roll the Ulduar achieves is just stupid. If you disagree with this then you just want everything handed to you and you don't put any work into anything.

The people trying to belittle the OP on his achievement are pathetic. I've always read mmochampion, but you idiots actually forced me to make an account so I can try to defend this poor guy. Grats man, and good for you for taking the time to thank the people who helped you.

-To "Ewhenn", you may be one of the biggest pricks I've ever seen on the internet, and that says something.

Gratz on overgearing content.

Quote Originally Posted by ohlins
    Gratz on overgearing content.
    gratz on being a douch...

[USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST]

8)

lol @ all the elitests in this thread.

Not everyone wants to waste all their evenings and all their weekends trying for hardmodes endlessly. Some people have lives, or like to play with friends instead of being hardcore.

Grats to you douche bags who have had it since Uld. I was doing other things.

Grats to the OP I am hoping to get my drake either tonight or very very soon. Only have General (lol ezymode) and Yogg+1

Quote Originally Posted by Wingwraith
    How much do people pay for boosts? I was thinking of trying to convince our 10man group to do some boosts. (I could use the gold for saronites)

Two weeks ago we went back to Ulduar to finish the meta for a few slackers in our guild.
    We did all hardmode keepers, except on freya we did lumberjacked, Yogg+1 and Algalon (who still hits like a truck) all in one night. LOL @ Firefighter now.

We sell the mounts for somewhere between 10-15k per person and do around 3 people at once. 6.5k to each booster every week is very much a nice bonus in the pocket. We stopped recently tho because killing them Iron dwarves is less fun that spooning my eyes with rusty forks.