Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Min ICC Tanking stats

I'm not convinced as to the lack of threat using two fast tanking weapons. I recently switched to DW frost tanking from 2-handed frost tanking. I picked up two Rimefang's Claw from heroic PoS, put nerubian carapace on them, and my threat is better than ever. Even with three heavy dps'ers in my ten man raiding group, I rarely, if ever lose aggro now. *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by satnam
    I'm not convinced as to the lack of threat using two fast tanking weapons. I recently switched to DW frost tanking from 2-handed frost tanking. I picked up two Rimefang's Claw from heroic PoS, put nerubian carapace on them, and my threat is better than ever. Even with three heavy dps'ers in my ten man raiding group, I rarely, if ever lose aggro now. *shrugs*
    They your DPSers suck or you are constantly getting ToT and MDed. Which in turn will cause you DPS to suck.

Theorycrafting has been done for a reason, because it OPTIMAL level. Sure a Fury can use 2 1H weapons, but why? Sure shamans can pick up the fast weapons, but why? See my point?
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Apostolic
    They your DPSers suck or you are constantly getting ToT and MDed. Which in turn will cause you DPS to suck.

Theorycrafting has been done for a reason, because it OPTIMAL level. Sure a Fury can use 2 1H weapons, but why? Sure shamans can pick up the fast weapons, but why? See my point?
    Not really, no. Especially since there is no hunter in my group, and therefore no MD...And you haven't seen the numbers my dps'ers are pulling down, so I fail to see how you can with any certainty make the claim that they suck.

At current gear levels, the DPS/TPS difference for a DW Frost tank between slow DPS weapons and fast tanking weapons is a few percent. Maybe 6% for the main-hand and 4% for the off-hand, tops. If your DPS are really breathing down your neck, you can swap out your main-hand to a DPS weapon, and if that's still not enough you can switch your OH too. But unless your DPS dramatically outgear you, if you're having threat problems while using tanking weapons either you're doing something wrong or they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Apostolic

His DPS sucks because he's not failing as a tank? awesome logic there...

@OP, ICC10 has some jumps in it. The 1st 4 bosses isn't too harsh, 1st and the biggest tank check is Festergut, he hits like a truck once he hits 3 stacks, to survive him you need decent gear, this is assuming 2 healers, never done it with 3 but at which point you can still get 2 shot. Rotface hits the MT decently but nothing massive if your the kiter then well you should take v little, more up to your raid to do their job and not take unnecessary dmg during the boss fight. Council can be a bit tricky but once your healers gets the hang of it, it's not so bad. Queen is a massive healer check, this is again assuming 2 healers, using 3 I'd guess the dps check kicks in as well but for a tank she can hurt a little but not too bad.

In short ICC10 now for the current bosses unlocked festergut is your biggest challenge, you can ofc skip this challenge if your co-tank is better geared then you to have him take the 3 stacks section and if your dps is worth their spot you wont get a 2nd 3 stack section.

Quote Originally Posted by nazya
    Thank you for great input, which pretty much confirms my thoughts.

Btw, the tank i had in mind when i made this post has 30k hp unbuffed, which obviously too low even for Ony pats (that killed him every time) so i just wanted some support for my argument, that he can't tank ICC10.
    Crap healers. I've main tanked ony 10 with a tank around 30K and 25 with about 32K. 30K Will not cut it in ICC10, but remember, boosting armor, and having good ish avoidance help. However I'm shocked that people seem to be aiming so high. If we're talking 10 man, it's lower than 25 of course. But still my point stands. If you can't deal with the pats with 30K unbuffed, you're either missing a lot of hp buffs or missing a good healer. Of course said tank was a paladin and pretty much doesn't take *hit*s outside ICC. Miss, dodge, parry or blocking 2K.

my 1st ST on icc 1-4 was at 33K unbuffed like 35 or 36 with FP(DW frost) , i don't even used my IBF the whole run..but i actually get missed taunt on the 4th boss with only 5% hit

ST is the same as MT at boss 2,3,4.....so.......... u can give it a try with 33-34k unbuffed if your team itsn't that bad , there is some good gears upgrade on the 1st 4 boss and the ring

change to blood may help ,get back to whatever u like after some upgrade

With the 20% dodge reduction debuff and the extra 1k+ armour on gear my guess is armour for the Dmg reducation % at the lost of avoidance %. Take a look atFrost Emblem chesfor plate, defence + expertise no dodge/parry at all! Personally im going tier10 chest now that i know about there armour being improved was orginally going to take it since its 264, and tier 10 is 251 being the bigger upgrade (4set+ 12% dodge on USING divine plea i do not like as i save divine plea for start of pulls) going to get 264 tier 10 from voa25 and helm and shoulders.

Back on topice passive dmg reduction is the new avoidance stat, dodge/parry doesn't avoid spell casters so its the same but look at the upside... armour is buffed with talents for all tanks. GEIF Armour GEMS!

Quote Originally Posted by odithius
    Well I wouldnt say full 232, your wearing 6 pieces under 232 (i know one is the stam trinket) but that is a lot of pieces, remember your trying to go in and tank 251 ilvl content with 232's and half a dozen pieces under that.

Although I know you dont need the defense but tanking weps generally have a lot more stam than dps weps and you get two of them like you equiped now. You need to try and get some trophies if you can and get some of the tier pieces upgraded and maybe be lucky enough to get the 245 stam trinket and some other pieces.

Also what are you doing with all your frost emblems? I hope you getting 19 a week just froms randoms and the weekly
    Yes, I realised after I said it that I wasn't full 232.

I also can't get 245 trinket or trophies as we're talking about ten man here. Our guild has 14 members.

As for my Frosties, well I'm 2pc T10 dps gear, I'm not one of our main tanks. But I've learned some valuable things from this thread.

Deleted

togc10 drops 245 tokens with the tribute to skill and up chests?

Also, tanked ICC up to Putri with 35k unbuffed, only 1 stamina trinket. Still way way way behind protpala's and druids tho /qq

I've tanked ICC 10 in my tank set with ~36k hp unbuffed when one of the normal tanks was away... It really wasn't that hard and didn't put much stress on our 2 healers....

Quote Originally Posted by Firestuff
    With the 20% dodge reduction debuff and the extra 1k+ armour on gear my guess is armour for the Dmg reducation % at the lost of avoidance %. Take a look atFrost Emblem chesfor plate, defence + expertise no dodge/parry at all! Personally im going tier10 chest now that i know about there armour being improved was orginally going to take it since its 264, and tier 10 is 251 being the bigger upgrade (4set+ 12% dodge on USING divine plea i do not like as i save divine plea for start of pulls) going to get 264 tier 10 from voa25 and helm and shoulders.

Back on topice passive dmg reduction is the new avoidance stat, dodge/parry doesn't avoid spell casters so its the same but look at the upside... armour is buffed with talents for all tanks. GEIF Armour GEMS!
    with the huge lack of expertise in decent gear for ICC, i would recommend you take the emblem off set chest, that matched with tier 10 legs and 1 red/blue gem is all you need for the soft cap in blood or unholy afaik, i think frost should be fine too with tundra stalker. But even so for 2 items its well worth considering

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria
    I've tanked ICC 10 in my tank set with ~36k hp unbuffed when one of the normal tanks was away... It really wasn't that hard and didn't put much stress on our 2 healers....
    And the 2nd tanks gear? Did you kill all 9 bosses?