Blood Tank Spec question

I just redid my blood tank spec from http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jMEGVh0IcbobssxhxZ0gh0oto http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...se&gn=Clan+SOG and have 2 points left over. I'm not sure where those 2 points would better be served. I used to have 1 point in Hysteria, which was very usefull when I cast it on the top DPS during a boss fight. The drawback ofcourse is that sometimes I would forget to cast it, or the top dps would be a hunter a max range, or whatever and now that is a wasted point.

I was thinking about putting the points into Bloodworms or into Sudden Doom. I like the idea of the extra DC from Sudden Doom, but not sure of the proc rate at all. I also like the idea of the additional healing from Bloodworms.

What do you guys think?

Re: Blood Tank Spec question

Drop one in hysteria and one in disease duration. Always cast hysteria on a warrior or feral druid if possible. Set up a cast macro at the start of the raid and get into the habit of pressing it whenever hero is called.

Go back to putting a point in Hysteria, and be sure to make use of it. Hysteria is just too good not to pick up and give to someone. If the hunter is often too far out of range, they probably don't know that they'd be getting Hysteria if they were in range. Don't be surprised if you see them do a 180 and disengage into you once you let them know what they're missing out on.

I personally don't use Mark of Blood but if I had one odd point left over I'd say it's worth investing if you remember to use it. On bosses that attack quick and hard (Festergut) it can provide some very nice healing.

Just copy Kumduh or my build. They're both viable.
    Depending on your preference, pick up Sudden Doom or Scent of Blood, I'd personally suggest Sudden Doom because you don't really need the additional RP, and the HS cleave effect procs it as well.
    And the rotation is already pretty tight, so you might not get a chance to use death coil because you'll often miss a strike due to boss parries, so the additional RP ends up being pretty useless(You'll never lack RP for RS).

But it's up to you, Scent of Blood has its moments as well, it's just not for me.

ok take 2 points out of scent of blood and put 1 in hysteria, as other have said its to good not to take. the other put in epidemic i guess. 1 point in SoB is just as good as 3 since it procs from everything that a tank does and you dodge parry take damage all the time so it will proc enough for it to be viable, i dont actually have any points in there as RP is never a problem

dont take blood worms the healing sucks and they take up AoE heals aswell, probably gonna piss your healers off more than anything

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Put them into Epidemic, also I find that Rune Tap is far better than Vampiric Blood, a solid heal that is available every 30 seconds is ace.
    Skullmaster - Slathe - Duat - Tamriel

Absolutely everything happens for a reason - Omnia Causa Fiunt.

lol Rune tap better than VB lol

pretty sure most blood tanks only use rune tap in combination with vampiric blood

i dont use rune tap ever and dont have it, if you read the tool tip for VB its by far superior to just having rune tap without it, i mean who wouldn't want the health and healing done boost especially glyphed VB owns rune tap every time.

rune tap on a raid boss with out VB would simply be using it to get it removed again so u wasted a rune for some health and got it powned of you on the next hit, VB allows your healer to help you out alot more for a duration of time

plus you can use it every minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Orccy
    dont take blood worms the healing sucks and they take up AoE heals aswell, probably gonna piss your healers off more than anything
    While I'm not saying to take blood worms, they fixed the "take up AoE heals" issue a long time ago.

I went with http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...se&gn=Clan+SOG.

I've always had an issue with my HP being low, I figured with the additional healing boost from IBP, it would help offset my low HP issues.

Improved Blood Presence sucks, get rid of it, and put the talent points into Epidemic.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jcERVh0IsbobssZhxZ0gh0xz

what's the point of having blood gorged?
    We're tanks, we're getting damage...
    I love the sustained damage of necrosis and BCB
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pope
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jcERVh0IsbobssZhxZ0gh0xz

what's the point of having blood gorged?
    We're tanks, we're getting damage...
    I love the sustained damage of necrosis and BCB
    /facepalm

You get 10% ArP at all times with blood gorged. The bonus at or near full health is just gravy.

Necrosis and BCB only affect white hits, the 10% arp and damage boost affects all attacks. WAY more bang for your buck with BG

yeah, I kinda thought about it, and I came to the conclusion that I don't really like ArP as a stat...

So, you're probably right about the "bang for the buck", but... I don't care, since I'm not gonna tank ICC or stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jcEMV...fssx0xZ0th:Goi
    This is my current build. I take Mark of Blood just for a small boost during heavy damage times. Also I take Spell Deflection, some dont like it but I personaly love it, knocks a huge chunk of damage off an attack and no internal cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Pope
    yeah, I kinda thought about it, and I came to the conclusion that I don't really like ArP as a stat...

So, you're probably right about the "bang for the buck", but... I don't care, since I'm not gonna tank ICC or stuff.
    It's fine that you don't like ArP as a stat. It's even fine that you choose sub-par talents because you're "not gonna tank ICC or stuff."

But please do not try and steer people who are working on a serious tank spec towards those sub-par talents.

Quote Originally Posted by BKnumber3
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jcEMV...fssx0xZ0th:Goi
    This is my current build. I take Mark of Blood just for a small boost during heavy damage times. Also I take Spell Deflection, some dont like it but I personaly love it, knocks a huge chunk of damage off an attack and no internal cd.
    And how often do you get hit by a direct hit spell? And even when that happens its only about 20% chance to reduce the damage.

15+ Year Old Account

It does not only proc of direct spells. There are also some indirect spells like breaths or the gas at Festergut that proc it.

But I agree that it is very situational and doesn't have too many uses in ICC

Quote Originally Posted by Zao
    It does not only proc of direct spells. There are also some indirect spells like breaths or the gas at Festergut that proc it.

But I agree that it is very situational and doesn't have too many uses in ICC
    I think the ones set up as environmental effects proc it because they aren't AoE, they're the object casting on you. Regardless, that only helps if you are too slow to get out of fire.