Thread: New gear looks

New gear looks

Does anyone else get the impresion that blizz just are not trying anymore with the PVE armour sets.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned on here and i'm not trawling though 1000's of posts to check. (I'm too lazy)

However just looking over the new arena gear and for looks they are just leagues above the normal raiding gear that you are able to get from just doing raid/instances. Does anyone else agree with the trend that blizzard seem to be taking in making the PVP/Arena gear look better and seem more appeling ?

10+ Year Old Account

Re: New gear looks

Matter of taste.
    I don't like the arena armor.

15+ Year Old Account

Some sets are good others are completely uninspired. The cloth T10 sets.. don't deserve to be called Tier. The plate is good, the shaman set is good, the Rogue set is.. interesting. The PvP lock set? that blows most of the Tier away.

Deleted

If you *would* have searched, or even bothered reading trough the first few pages of posts, you could find a lot of other posts about the way Blizzard designs gear.

Tough luck. Stop crying your eyes out over some looks. You want to play dress-up? Go play Hello Kitty Island Adventures. Or either of the thousands of EA Sims expansions. Your gear will be replaced soon anyway, so who gives a fuck in the first place? Would you rather have sucky stats but better looks? No? Because stats > looks.

Also, "inb4":
    - but us pay blizz so dem must gief good lookin stuff. wtf is dis blizz i just dont...
    - you would think blizz could do more good design with our money
    - why blizz not just hire moar people who can do good designingz of teh gears?

10+ Year Old Account

While I do admit I like the Warlock season 8 gear better than t10, its not by a lot... to me most of the new arena gear is a little ridiculous or over the top although some of the t10 is not that great either so for me its a matter of taste on an individual basis...

True enough I could of and probably should have checked but I wanted to post something.

You are 100% correct the gear your toons wear does change rarther frequntly and looks ain't everything and it's down to personal taste with armour sets as others have already pointed out.

As for crying Naaa it's an observation simple as that. I don't think I was cry about it or having a hissy fit/freaking out in any way. But you seem way to Grrr and have some argresion issues about a simple question you might want to have a chat with some one about it. thanks for the feed back

Season 8 that are actually not bad, Warlock, Death Knight, Rogue. the rest are reused/tweaked, which is understandable, they want the PVP gear to be distinguishably different from the PVE gear so keeping similar trends is a good thing for visually identifying if you can stomp someone or not in world PVP/Battlegrounds.

I Personally think blizzard tires, and people have to remember that tier gear is supposed to represent the raiding content it is acquired from, always has, always will.

That being said, maybe I should start modeling some armor and sending it to blizz. I don't mind doing it. hell I can even import the human male model and start building some sets onto it in 3D, the hardest part isn't the modeling itself, its the texture placing/creation, I just wish I knew the standardized polycount they use for gear.

The Mage, Pally, Warr, and Lock sets made me feel bad for Shamans.

Imo. the big loser this time for S8 looks, are shamans and hunter.. very very very ugly.

I don't arena, so possibility of me obtaining any of the gear for any of my chars is slightly slim, but that lock armour has to be one of the best sets Ive seen so far. And yes, shamans look like a watered down mage, wtf is up with that?

Lock is great, imo, rogue and mage too, hunter and shaman are the worst, priest is close.
    Bigger than Life.

Quote Originally Posted by phai
    Matter of taste.
    I don't like the arena armor.
    then you have no taste...

unless your talking about hunters then yes hunters arena blows