Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Arms vs Fury DPS

I've been having no trouble pulling ~8k as fury. But as Arms, a spec i've been playing since 3.1, I can barely pull 7k. Can anyone help me? I'm doing the rotation perfectly correct, but yet, my DPS is still incredibly low. Can anyone help? Do I need to cap my ARP before anything?

(Instead of Nagle Pats I have Death's Verdict and the Fishing Pole I have Ramaldini's.

Re: Arms vs Fury DPS

mh..ah...mmm

wtb armory?

Thanks to Stanton Biston for the amazing sig!

I always find it confusing and misleading when I hear statements "Fury just scales better."

For a while now Warriors used tools like Landsoul's spreadsheet and ROAR to compare specs and gear. I've been using Landsoul's spreadsheet since Naxx and there was never a point for me after they nerfed TG that Fury resulted in better DPS in the spreadsheet than Arms. In addition, I am normally dual specced Arms/Fury and never was I able to outperform my Arms spec when Fury on single target / moderate movement fights.

What I know from personal experience is that Arms has much higher skill cap than Fury, especially if the fight requires any movement. Having a filler with cast time and having two reactive abilities instead of one makes it so. In addition, itemization like ArP cap makes a bigger difference for Arms.

I am at 100% ArP (both Arms and Fury) with Shadow's Edge as my weapon right now. Using the same gear with Ramaldinis for my offhand and meeting the needed Fury caps I'm ~500 dps lower in the spreadsheet.

A link to your armory would be helpful, mate.
    [size=1]Cataclysm 10 man raiding guild looking for skilled players.

You smash buttons faster and better with Fury...
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Durotan&n=Aardrelore

Quote Originally Posted by killabee
    I always find it confusing and misleading when I hear statements "Fury just scales better."

For a while now Warriors used tools like Landsoul's spreadsheet and ROAR to compare specs and gear. I've been using Landsoul's spreadsheet since Naxx and there was never a point for me after they nerfed TG that Fury resulted in better DPS in the spreadsheet than Arms. In addition, I am normally dual specced Arms/Fury and never was I able to outperform my Arms spec when Fury on single target / moderate movement fights.

What I know from personal experience is that Arms has much higher skill cap than Fury, especially if the fight requires any movement. Having a filler with cast time and having two reactive abilities instead of one makes it so. In addition, itemization like ArP cap makes a bigger difference for Arms.

I am at 100% ArP (both Arms and Fury) with Shadow's Edge as my weapon right now. Using the same gear with Ramaldinis for my offhand and meeting the needed Fury caps I'm ~500 dps lower in the spreadsheet.
    I'm going to have to disagree with you there. Fury definitely is higher personal dps, and those spreadsheets aren't meant as an indicator between specs.

How do I know? I look at the top arms dpsers in the world and see their dps and how I rank up with them on any given day with either spec. As fury Tues night I did more damage than the top arms warriors. For example Festergut I believe Negiva hit 9500 dps and change as arms...he was number 3 I believe.

...I was above that.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai
    I'm going to have to disagree with you there. Fury definitely is higher personal dps, and those spreadsheets aren't meant as an indicator between specs.

How do I know? I look at the top arms dpsers in the world and see their dps and how I rank up with them on any given day with either spec. As fury Tues night I did more damage than the top arms warriors. For example Festergut I believe Negiva hit 9500 dps and change as arms...he was number 3 I believe.

...I was above that.
    Festergut favors Fury and 9500 is not that high. I'm in semi-casual guild and we did our first Festergut kill this Tuesday. I did 9185 DPS without Hysteria/Tricks and I didn't have my Shadow's Edge yet (had Ramaldini's). I've never done this fight as Fury yet and I'll try next week, but I can definitely see how Fury can do more DPS here, having our Fury Warrior being able to HS about 85-90% of his swings.

Quote Originally Posted by killabee
    Festergut favors Fury and 9500 is not that high. I'm in semi-casual guild and we did our first Festergut kill this Tuesday. I did 9185 DPS without Hysteria/Tricks and I didn't have my Shadow's Edge yet (had Ramaldini's). I've never done this fight as Fury yet and I'll try next week, but I can definitely see how Fury can do more DPS here, having our Fury Warrior being able to HS about 85-90% of his swings.
    How does Festergut favor fury? Usually the arguement is that arms is better single target without any movement...thats festergut. With all the enviro damage Arms also gets to use HS more often than they usually do (fury already does without enviro damage)...if I was to pick a fight that was better for arms it'd be Festergut or Deathbringer Saurfang.

I HS pretty much all my MH swings on all fights as fury...maybe 30% as arms....maybe. The descreptency is there...its not as game breaking as one may think so that playstyles couldn't overcome much of the difference. And its not enough on every fight to outwiegh arms if your raid needs Blood frenzy...but if you're into personal dps and a rotation you can pretty much set a clock to, fury is your bag baby.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

staying on the fury vs arms subject, I have another question. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Onyxia&cn=Viau is my armory. I know I am not expertise capped and I'm working on it. As for the hit it all comes from gear so not much I can do there. Once I switch my trinkets it will be better. Now, on to my question. For fury, am I doing the right thing in using the citadel claymore as an OH since it has a faster swing speed or should I put it in my MH?? and if I used that same claymore as my weapon for arms, would I see a dps increase from my quel'danar or no?

Quote Originally Posted by viau
    staying on the fury vs arms subject, I have another question. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Onyxia&cn=Viau is my armory. I know I am not expertise capped and I'm working on it. As for the hit it all comes from gear so not much I can do there. Once I switch my trinkets it will be better. Now, on to my question. For fury, am I doing the right thing in using the citadel claymore as an OH since it has a faster swing speed or should I put it in my MH?? and if I used that same claymore as my weapon for arms, would I see a dps increase from my quel'danar or no?
    Put the weapon that does the most damage in your MH, it helps that your OH is faster because it swings less often.

Random question: does anyone know how vital agility is to fury? I used landsouls spreadsheet to replace my strength gems with all crit and my dps went up (hypothetically speaking). I'm using the citadel claymore as well combined with tyrannical beheader and i originally gemmed str until i realized how much more expertise i needed. I have noticed that most fury warriors i armory have a ton more agility than i do.. is that causes my dps to be way lower than it needs to be? I understand i have way too much hit but here's my armory (its pretty similar to Viau):

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...st&cn=Kazilius

-Kaz

seeing as how you have NES as a trinket, I would gem for ArP and reach the soft cap... once that is acheived, gem str

How does Festergut favor fury? Usually the arguement is that arms is better single target without any movement...thats festergut. With all the enviro damage Arms also gets to use HS more often than they usually do (fury already does without enviro damage)...if I was to pick a fight that was better for arms it'd be Festergut or Deathbringer Saurfang.
    Fury is higher dps, single or multi target, and has been for a while.

Count the number of arms warriors on this page
    http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/clazz/dps/war/9/0/3

Yes, fury is more personal dps on every fight...I might have been unclear. I was merely stating that Festergut wasn't a fight I would say Arms is at an disadvantage...it would in fact be THE fight I would bring up if I was making an arms comparision cause it would probably be the closest to Fury out of all the fights so far.

Hey Batt i just wanted to say.That was some sweet Abomb driving lastnight. 8 )

Quote Originally Posted by shaztastic
    Hey Batt i just wanted to say.That was some sweet Abomb driving lastnight. 8 )
    And it starts.........

Yes, fury is more personal dps on every fight...I might have been unclear. I was merely stating that Festergut wasn't a fight I would say Arms is at an disadvantage...it would in fact be THE fight I would bring up if I was making an arms comparision cause it would probably be the closest to Fury out of all the fights so far.
    ahh, got it

You might not be doing the rotation perfectly if you are having trouble pulling 7k, i'm personally doing 9k+ constantly as an arms warrior without any issues. I'm gonna have to go with operator error on this one. Or gear ofcourse, but i'm assuming you know where your gear stands

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

I have an issue like this but visa versa. On movement fights as arms i can get 6.5 - 7.5K and stationairy it seems to be upto 9.5K dependant on movement needed as expected. http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...g&cn=Fireslave I feel like im hugely under achieving as fury however as on Gormok the Impaler (ToGC 25) I cant push over the 9K mark at any point in the fight and it seems like im doing much less due to either hitting for about 3K or critting for 14K theres no inbetween :< Any tips?
    (Yes im ArP since im hoping for DeathBringers Will soon to take me over ArP cap)

Thanks in Advance Fireslave <3
    Gear Score is a good representation of skill, enchants, and gems...NOH! WAI-....

I'm playing dps warrior for almost 2 years already, and I like to think that I'm playing on a rather high level and I have to say in the matter that arms is such an incredibly low crap dps that it's not even comparable to fury. I think they should really buff arms, but I don't care about it since I always pick the spec I play and there's no way I'd play arms ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf
    I'm playing dps warrior for almost 2 years already, and I like to think that I'm playing on a rather high level and I have to say in the matter that arms is such an incredibly low crap dps that it's not even comparable to fury. I think they should really buff arms, but I don't care about it since I always pick the spec I play and there's no way I'd play arms ever again.
    Its not crap dps...its viable...IF the you include the buffs it brings. And, I don't care how many fury warriors get ticked off by this but...arms requires a LOT more focus.