Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Arms vs Fury DPS

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai
    Its not crap dps...its viable...IF the you include the buffs it brings. And, I don't care how many fury warriors get ticked off by this but...arms requires a LOT more focus.

Fury requires any? Since when :P

-Kumar
    (Fury warrior)
    http://wowthinktank.blogspot.com/2009/10/general-druid-icewell-radiance-bears.html

stop the QQ *sigh*

I can't find your armory page Bobbysteelz....and 4 piece Sanct? 24 pple in the raid decided that u get a token for 4 weeks now? Really valuable player i'd say

Deleted

First of, I am quite amused by the ppl saying "I do 10kdps as arms w/o shadow's edge or t10.No you dont.Not at least till we see some logs.(not referring to someone posted above me,but seen lots of those on forums lately)

On topic,fury outscales arms.It is numbers that speak,not any warrior's crazy idea,sheer numbers.Does that mean its bad?Ofc not.

Arms is perfectly viable raid spec.Has major weakness on fights like putricide,probably valithria and to some extend to some other encounters,but not that important to mention.

Fury on the other hand is better to rush dps via haste[pot/DBW/Herolust](compared to arms that is) so in an infinite rage scenario with same gear lvl and same player skill,fury is slightly higher.

In addition,arms takes a player with some decree of skill.One should know how and when to slam in movement or when to use heroic strike,while fury is more a faceroller.

To those mentioning high dps from arms warriors,ofc there is,not all arms are scrubs,imo a very good player will shine in either spec.

just my 2c

Quote Originally Posted by Systema Sephirothicum
    First of, I am quite amused by the ppl saying "I do 10kdps as arms w/o shadow's edge or t10.No you dont.Not at least till we see some logs.(not referring to someone posted above me,but seen lots of those on forums lately)
    So far, the highest unsubstantiated claim has been 8k. 9,600 if you count "this other guy I read about" as a claim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    Send that bitch a smiley face...Bitches loooove smilie faces.

8-9600? I can beat that.

So my arms warrior, with t8.5/hard mode gear does around elevenity-billion DPS on single targets not even using an epic weapon.

Edited for point: both my fury and arms specs are on par with each other. About 6.5 (granted my fury will pull an easy 12k on trash, but then, who cares about trash?), so really what it boils down to is what the raid needs most, trauma/BF or rampage. Thus, I swap accordingly. Fury may scale better than arms, but if you know how to play either one, it doesn't matter. There's no magical spec out there to make you a badass, and no amount of gear will help with that. If you like playing arms, go with it, its damn effective and your feral druids will love you. If you wanna faceroll a fury, awesome thanks for giving my more crit. Either way, learn your spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibinto
    8-9600? I can beat that.

So my arms warrior, with t8.5/hard mode gear does around elevenity-billion DPS on single targets not even using an epic weapon.

Edited for point: both my fury and arms specs are on par with each other. About 6.5 (granted my fury will pull an easy 12k on trash, but then, who cares about trash?), so really what it boils down to is what the raid needs most, trauma/BF or rampage. Thus, I swap accordingly. Fury may scale better than arms, but if you know how to play either one, it doesn't matter. There's no magical spec out there to make you a badass, and no amount of gear will help with that. If you like playing arms, go with it, its damn effective and your feral druids will love you. If you wanna faceroll a fury, awesome thanks for giving my more crit. Either way, learn your spec.
    I don't think I can emphasis this point enough....

There are soo many people out there that simply accept the current trend. The people who come here and read mine and some other very well versed dps warriors and all they see is "this is the highest dps spec" and immediately run and change all their stuff around.

The simple fact is it may not be more raid dps, there are so many things to take into account. Even just looking at personal dps, I wouldn't immediately dismiss someone if they asked the question why their dps as fury was less than theirs with arms...when the current trend spits in the face of that situation.

It has a lot to do with your raid make up, and a lot more with your playstyle.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbysteelz
    Fury for DPS is better then arms. It's been proven. I'm pretty much in BiS at the moment w/both arms and fury pieces (spoon fed epics, I know) and raid as both. I'm full 264 with only 2 pieces that are 251 and one piece that is 245 along with a Shadows Edge and 4 piece t10 full Sanc (again, spoon fed epics, I know). I do about 1k-1.2k more as fury w/Cryptkiller in the OH on a stand alone fight such as Fester or Saurfang with double potting.

Now is arms DPS bad? No. You can still crush ret pallies and enchancement shaman but good DK's will own a similar geared/skilled Arms warrior on the meter even in single target.
    armory or you are just talking out of your ass

The simple fact is it may not be more raid dps, there are so many things to take into account.
    If CombatRogue == yes then
    Spec(Fury)
    elseif CombatRogue == no then
    if CanMakeRogueSpecCombat == yes and RaidSize == 25 then
    Spec(Fury)
    elseif RaidSize == 10 and PhysicalDPS <= 4 then
    Spec(Fury)
    else
    Spec(Arms)
    endif
    end

I thought about including a caveat about Cats, but the DPS delta they get out of having a Mangle bot, while a factor, isn't really enough to counteract the personal DPS difference on non-stationary fights.
    Avatar is too large in file size. Read the avatar guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by RPZip
    If CombatRogue == yes then
    Spec(Fury)
    elseif CombatRogue == no then
    if CanMakeRogueSpecCombat == yes and RaidSize == 25 then
    Spec(Fury)
    elseif RaidSize == 10 and PhysicalDPS <= 4 then
    Spec(Fury)
    else
    Spec(Arms)
    endif
    end

I thought about including a caveat about Cats, but the DPS delta they get out of having a Mangle bot, while a factor, isn't really enough to counteract the personal DPS difference on non-stationary fights.
    lol...nice and concise. ;D
    There should also be a caveat about having WF totem...last nights 10 man was so painful for me without WF as fury. While as arms it'd have been ok, I wouldn't have gotten to HS at all...but I'd have had enough rage for a MS/OP/ Double Execute.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Quote Originally Posted by ohshift
    armory or you are just talking out of your ass
    if you had eyes, you would be able to see that his char name and server are in his sig
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

Quote Originally Posted by smartAXE
    if you had eyes, you would be able to see that his char name and server are in his sig
    Yes. Please find him then.

Quote Originally Posted by ulrich
    Yes. Please find him then.
    :< didnt think he would leave unrest, guess hes gone in the wind for now
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

So I changed my offspec to Fury this week as I planned earlier in this thread and tested the difference on Festergut 25. We had some problems with key people lagging and disconnecting yesterday, bugged Saurfang and more. So we didn't kill Festergut in 5 attempts, 3 of which being 1-2% wipes.

Did 4 attempts as Fury and 1 as Arms. As Fury I did 9.46K DPS on best attempt. As Arms I did 9.76K DPS on best attempt. I was able to use HS on 95+% of the swings as Fury and maintain the rotation. We did have a Combat Rogue and a Feral to cover both buffs Arms brings. For me, Arms still does more DPS than Fury. Also, in both my attempts as Arms I was rage starved for a few GCDs from dodges/HS overuse, so I lost some DPS there.

Another interesting note is that I did more DPS than Landsoul's suggest I should do, both as Arms and as Fury.

Quote Originally Posted by killabee
    Another interesting note is that I did more DPS than Landsoul's suggest I should do, both as Arms and as Fury.
    Thats because of the incoming damage. There is an option for it under the sep section.

I changed incoming DPS to 1000 before posting. I still did more DPS.

Arms are fury are near identical as far as dps and damage atm, with arms pulling ahead slightly, pending the person playing, knows what they're doing. I've been arms since the TG nerf, and will never go back. The biggest way to kill your dps as arms is to let rend fall off for too long. If you can time it right, you can re-apply rend as it falls off. Use MS and OP when they're up, execute when sudden death procs, not much more to it than that.

It all has to do with your raid make up, the fight, and your playstyle. That said...fury is more dps in a single target fight as well as multi-target...for most.

9584DPS on Festergut this week as Arms. It gets ridiculous, I can't dump rage fast enough at times and still have to be careful not to starve myself overusing HS at other times. One thing I want to try is to cap expertise. I'm at 3.25% dodge reduction right now. The "rotation" gets chaotic as is, trying to maximize HS usage and using the right ability with all the procs. Adding dodges to this and prioritizing OP gets a bit too crazy at times. I'd rather have my MS>OP>Exec>OP back

In other news, Arms is still better for me. Looking in the near future, I won't go for 4 pieces T10 unless they buff+fix the bonus. I'll probably get Castle Breaker's, keep the badge gloves, crafted pants and 264 Head+ShouldersT10.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Fury > Arms.
    End of story.
    Go Fury.

I'm in crappy gear( 232 stuff, it's just my OS), and I'm able to smash up 6k as fury, and the highest I've been as arms s 4.5k.. Now I don't know if I do something wrong, but the thing is that I have to stick to my rotation forever in arms.. With extra buffs inc, I benefit from all the rage, so I spamm HS. This increases my DPS alot, so in raids I do more dps as fury then arms.. on target dummys, without buffs, Arms is slightly ahead, but that is because the rotation(/prio) is much tighter and rial able...