Blood Princes - Kinetic Bomb

So my 10-man guild was putting a few attempts into the Blood Princes last night. The encounter is not that difficult in my opinion, just kind of chaotic. However, the problem I had was with the Kinetic Bombs. As a Warlock, I was the one making sure both bombs never reached the ground using my imp on one and my own spells on the other. On one attempt, though, one bomb exploded while I was running to the next. I was 99% sure I set my imp on it, and before I left I made sure it was quite a distance away from the ground, but I had my back turned to it so I didn't get to see it actually explode. The next time, I literally saw one of the bombs explode in the air, my imp again being the one keeping it up. The projectiles of the explosion were angled downward, so there was no mistaking it. Is there some sort of mechanic against minions being used to keep the bombs up or is this a bug?

Re: Blood Princes - Kinetic Bomb

I know I am not answering your question, but do you have a hunter in your raid? We found our hunter was perfect for this
    "Peace is a lie"

Deleted

Actually, looking only at who could keep the orbs going with as little problems as possible, i would prefer to put a shadow priest or an arcane mage on it, due to quick casts. Both would fire away several casts very fast, so there is an incentive for putting them in that role. However, this doesn't cover the dilemma of whether or not you want to sacrifice the DPS an arcane mage could do.

In some cases, for example with the shadow priest, he could dot up the current target and mind flay the kinetic orbs, and he would still contribute to getting the boss down. The mage probably can't, other than dropping a few spells when all orbs are under control. On the other hand, since Spriests and mages would have an easier time getting the orbs flying again, they would also either be able to control more orbs or throw a few direct spells at the target if it was in range.

We don't have a hunter or a shadow priest. I also really don't see how either could effectively do this. I've had one orb spawn behind where the bosses spawn and one spawn near the entrance door. Without my imp, I don't see how I alone could keep them both up.

That's not really the problem, though. I am able to keep them both up and put some damage on the boss, it's not too difficult. The problem is that they've exploded in the air, at the very least once and I'm 99% sure twice. Even if the whole raid was focused on them, how would that be prevented?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Inirit
    That's not really the problem, though. I am able to keep them both up and put some damage on the boss, it's not too difficult. The problem is that they've exploded in the air, at the very least once and I'm 99% sure twice. Even if the whole raid was focused on them, how would that be prevented?
    It's been reported to Blizzard; I'm hoping they fix it. Theoretically, there should be no reason for them to explode in midair, so it's probably just a bug.

hunters are typically the best because their mobility/instant cast damage.

We used pets as a safety net not as a primary method. At about 30% left in the fight the orbs seem to get heavier and we had to assign another person to helpout at that point.

And there may have been instance lag or server lag and the orb actually hit the ground but the graphic was lagged behind and showed from the air.

15+ Year Old Account

We stick to using either a Mage or Hunter for bomb duty, but most of the time the Mage is tanking due to the nature of how Ice Lance functions.

I'd be nice to have DoT ticks keep the orbs up, but I can why they don't.

Shadow priest dots and Mind Flay as channeled spell do not work good on the kinetic orbs (though Arcane missiles is channeled and works). Do NOT put a shadow priest on these orbs.

The only spells from a shadowpriest that work are Mind Blast and SW, both of which have a cooldown, so unless you like to live on the edge, don't put'em on the orbs.

tbh, I haven't tried to spam imp DP, but i don't see why that wouldn't work. Essentially, if your raid setup does not give you any other choice, it is possible but far from ideal
    [flash=450,80]http://wow.ukgl.co.uk/wow.swf?s=US&r=Mug'thol&n=Banibaq&h?=.swf[/flash]

We had this problem last week with orbs exploding midair. Our Mage swore he was keeping them up. A few posts above me said it a known issue so hopefully it will get fixed soon(tm).

Quote Originally Posted by Banibaq
    The only spells from a shadowpriest that work are Mind Blast and SW, both of which have a cooldown, so unless you like to live on the edge, don't put'em on the orbs.

tbh, I haven't tried to spam imp DP, but i don't see why that wouldn't work. Essentially, if your raid setup does not give you any other choice, it is possible but far from ideal
    If a SP has to be the one to keep the orb up Wand attacks work =)

It can't hit any walls or ceiling either.

I'm glad to hear it's a known issue. In hindsight, I probably should have gone straight to the official forums to report it myself, but I didn't want to throw out the possibility of there being a mechanic I was unaware of.

When I was range tanking kelethes I found time to help out and nuke some orbs up in the air too.

on 10 man, i (paladin tank) tank both of the melee guys, our dk tank tanks the caster, and we have a hunter deal with bombs. If you have a hunter it's very easy.

Hunters are the best at it but there is nothing stopping any ranged from doing this with relative ease...

I am able to do this on my shaman, we have had a mage do it and a hunter. The key is to manage your time between the two orbs and focus only on them, don't even try to dps the boss, there is no enrage (that we have found so far) and the other dps in your group can manage just fine. When one of the orbs is close to expiring bounce it up as high as you can and forget about it, by the time it gets close to the ground it will expire on its own and you wont even need to bother with it again.

Hunter is by far the best class for this job... they hate that, but it's true. It is very possible for any other ranged to do as well though.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer
    I know I am not answering your question, but do you have a hunter in your raid? We found our hunter was perfect for this
    As always this depends on your group makeup. Our Warlock Tanks, Mage deals with with Orbs and Hunter is DPS and MD's the spheres to the Warlock. Given the vary high mobility necessary to DPS in this fight the hunters DPS is going to be significantly hither then any class that has a cast time/channel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.