Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Stop asking to do Achievements in Random Heroics

Quote Originally Posted by Benner
    Heroics are made for a group of 5 people, not just you. Wanna play solo then do so, dont bitch about it.
    Achievments is a part of the game, if you dont like the game quit. Dont bitch about it.

Worst reasoning ever.

Got my Red Proto in February 2009 in just Naxx gear along with almost every member of my old guild.

Find 4 other motivated people in your guild and spend an hour reading Wowwiki/wowhead. Problem solved.

Achievements Are for Guild runs. Not for wasting everyones time in LFG heroics.

You dont even need a guild, just 4 other buddies who have some spare time.

Dont Pester people in LFG runs with these
    Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one

-Martin Heidegger

I can see not doing some achievements, like Zombiefest, that require doing something very out of the normal coarse of doing the instance and add some noticeable time to the run but not doing better off dred? There have been times I've done that just because the tank doesn't want to waste time killing the trash first and dred is at the back of his pen. Now a days there really are very few that can't be done easily enough especially when outgearing the instance and several are going to get much easier with the next minor content patch and the changes to a couple mechanics.

Heck my warlock got the emerald void in Oculus just because one of our players ragequit when we failed on the first attempt of the final boss and we didn't bother to coordinate what drake the new guy got =) I didn't even realize it or think about it until after the fight was over and the achievement poped up.

How long has WOTLK been out for? While many people may have just hit 80 on their first character, I agree with the OP. People who don't have the drake and has been here since day 1 of WOTLK, shouldn't bitch. Its been a year and a half? But yes, fights like consumption in DTK and Brann, are how bosses should be killed with or without going for the achievment

Quote Originally Posted by Jurik
    No, really, I don't want to do Lodi Dodi We Love the Skadi. Definitely not interested in Zombiefest, Better Off Dred, Respect Your Elders, or Chaos Theory. I don't care how close you are to your red proto. I signed up for a random heroic to get my daily frost badges, not waste time doing something the obnoxious way so that someone can someday ride a vanity mount on some other server I care nothing about.

Don't like it? Too bad. I have several alts to run through for frost badges, and they are all healers or tanks and enjoy instant queues. I have no incentive to waste time on someone I don't even know. If you want to get an achievement, make a group that wants the achievement, and count me out because I'm not interested.
    Why stop asking? It's one thing if it's "we are doing this achievement." It's another thing if we ask and you say no. I've been going for Chaos theory for awhile. I have no problem asking. If I ask and anyone says no, then it's a no. But for a lot of my other achievements, people will say yes. What's the real harm in someone asking and you just saying no?

Quote Originally Posted by HammondQ
    Got my Red Proto in February 2009 in just Naxx gear along with almost every member of my old guild.

Find 4 other motivated people in your guild and spend an hour reading Wowwiki/wowhead. Problem solved.

Achievements Are for Guild runs. Not for wasting everyones time in LFG heroics.

You dont even need a guild, just 4 other buddies who have some spare time.

Dont Pester people in LFG runs with these
    As I have the same rights as you, I will definitely ask about something I can do in whichever heroic we are in. Feel free to decline if your not interested, it's your right to do that as much as it is my right to ask. Heroics may have the frost badges you want, but that is not the intended design of the randoms. You may treat it differently of course, but that doesnt make you any more right than me. So please refrain from thinking you are worth any more or less than any other anonymous text based voice on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    "Sir, you'll have to move, you are blocking the fire exit."
    "Excuse me, but if you have legs and are flammable, you are NEVER blocking a fire exit." I'd run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhias View Post
    Actually, the deluge has been very enlightening to me. Lesson of the week is to not go out of your way to treat people with respect because there is a 90% chance they are narcissistic douchebags.

Sigh. Everyone wants to be so tough when they can hide anonymously behind an Internet pseudonym. Just be courteous, and recognize that not everyone is there for the same reason as you.

If you want an achievement, ask nicely and abide by the group's decision. Don't whine or pester people about it. Ask once and done. Not everyone has as much free time to play as you, and there's always next time.

And if you are asked to help with an achievement and for whatever reason don't want to, just decline politely. Remember that other people have gone out of their way to help you in the past.

Deleted

I don't want to do them, and I do find it annoying when groups refuse to listen to a no. On that note, especially since I'm the healer and like to think they care somewhat for me. I'm not the type to leave (part because that gives me deserter and part because no matter the asses I don't like stooping down to their level by being self-righteous), though, so I just suck it up and sigh whenever I'm voted down.

So, yeah, I dislike when groups are dead set on completing an achievement that requires alternate fight mechanics that make it a bore. However, I have no problem with people asking as long as they can take a no; every now and then, a group of five people who all lack and want Less-rabi and have the potential to get it, get randomed together. Let them have their fun instead of trying to taboo the whole "can we do achievement X please?"-thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrotan
    As I have the same rights as you, I will definitely ask about something I can do in whichever heroic we are in. Feel free to decline if your not interested, it's your right to do that as much as it is my right to ask. Heroics may have the frost badges you want, but that is not the intended design of the randoms. You may treat it differently of course, but that doesnt make you any more right than me. So please refrain from thinking you are worth any more or less than any other anonymous text based voice on the internet.
    Yes Frost/Triumph Emblems are the intended Design of Heroics at this time.

If not for those emblem drops I would wager it 10X more difficult to find a non guild 5 man group (excluding the 5 man TOC and ICC dungeons) The Emblems are in the old 5 mans to motivate people to run them.

So YES Frost/Triumph emblems are the intended design of the MODERN random.

-Martin Heidegger

If not for those emblem drops I would wager it 10X more difficult to find a non guild 5 man group (excluding the 5 man TOC and ICC dungeons) The Emblems are in the old 5 mans to motivate people to run them.

triumph sure, frost not as much. Those seeking triumphs are not the same group who want their one frost run a day and think they are more important than those who want anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    "Sir, you'll have to move, you are blocking the fire exit."
    "Excuse me, but if you have legs and are flammable, you are NEVER blocking a fire exit." I'd run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhias View Post
    Actually, the deluge has been very enlightening to me. Lesson of the week is to not go out of your way to treat people with respect because there is a 90% chance they are narcissistic douchebags.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Kind of, but not really. The Triumph badge drops and Frost badge rewards are incentives to run the modern randoms, not the intent. I wish I had it on me, but there was a blue post regarding someone requesting a 'skip to the last boss' feature, so that you could simply get your kill and your badges (which would make sense, if badges were the intention). The blue post stated they wouldn't initiate such a feature because, along with the badges, they wanted individuals to experience the dungeons and learn the mechanics, in preparation for raiding. In short, Blizz wants you to actually play the dungeons.

I have a few 80s, and I raid on all of them, so I can see where you'd want to just machine gun through an instance for badges, but not everyone is doing the same. I frequently come across players who just recently dinged 80, or, because of leveling, didn't get a chance to play a certain dungeon (one warrior in our group got Champion of the Frozen Wastes from completing HoS). Honestly, the intent is to enjoy the game and have fun = ) *passes out cupcakes*

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy181

Sigh, seriously, I swear this is the only account I use. Just because I happen to agree with someone to an extent doesn't mean we're the same people. Message boards, such as this, are made for public opinions. You get enough public opinions in one place and you'll find some people share the same one. Maybe a moderator or something can check the ip address? I know when I use to moderate the gameshark forums I could check and see the ip address of people and would point out those who were the same person having a conversation (or even stranger, an argument) with themselves across multiple accounts.

Thefates appears to agree, but I see nobody claiming he's the same as the OP. Sigh, I'll just stop responding to the accusations, feel free to think we're one and the same. I suppose it really doesn't matter, no?
    Your mannerisms, metaphors, word choice and the lexical choices that just scream "I use good English, I am right." make me and a number of other people to believe that you are the same person, not because you "share the same views" to say that means that you are completely oblivious to both our arguments and logic in general.

I also love how the OP posted this, obviously wanting support and adulation of some kind and all he got was a load of "you are a self-centred douche" comments ^^.
    Skullmaster - Slathe - Duat - Tamriel

Absolutely everything happens for a reason - Omnia Causa Fiunt.

Yea, I have to support the OP. If you want your achievements, especially the more complicated ones like zombiefest or whatever, do it on a guild run. We aren't being mean, we just don't trust a pug to do it right, and then adding time onto getting our two frosties.

I think some people are misunderstanding the OP's post. But if you do understand and still disagree then sorry sir but YOU are the selfish one.

Doing easy achievements that takes 2 seconds is fine. But when I queued up for an instance i queued up for gear/badges not so that you can get an achievement. Personally, I'm lucky enough to have a DK tank, Resto druid, holy priest at the moment so ques going fast enough as it is. But if there's a guy out there who plays his rogue.. queued for a random, waited 15 minutes then got in a group where all 4 other players say "Hey, you we're unlucky enough to land in our party. We're doing this achievement. if you don't like it gtfo" that's unfair.

We didn't sign up for achievements we signed up for the simple stuff. It's not our job to go the extra mile to tend to your needs. So you better be quiet and do what I signed up for instead of forcing me to help you.

On a side note, if you ask politely and most of the group is up for it. Sure why not.

Do you not have a guild?

Did you make it all the way to 80 without anyone in your Friends List?

Did you not take the time to develop an in-game social network of any kind?

Do you think its fun to pester 4 strangers to help you do some boring thing that they have probably have no interest in, because you didn’t take the time to develop any social ties?

The same kid who asks in a LFG random.

“Hi Guys! Can we do “What the ECK?” and then while we’re at it “Share the Love”

http://www.wowhead.com/?achievement=1864

http://www.wowhead.com/?achievement=2152

Is probably the same Mage you saw wearing BOE Attack Power ring, while begging for gold in IF so he can get his level 40 mount.

-Martin Heidegger

What about the 1 person that doesn't want to do it when the other 4 do? As said, people who only do 1 heroic per day for the frosts essentially step 'down' into the heroic groups and expect it to be done their way - and fast.

Not entirely sure why you'd be so against someone wanting to do 'What the Eck?' though, at a guess I'd say it's because you want to skip Eck, get straight to the last bosss to get your frost asap. Nevermind the fact that people do still gear up in heroics, but screw that, as long as you get what you want for the 1 run you do per day right?

>.<

"What the ECK" done in conjuction with "Share the Love" means that all 5 people must get Impaled by Gal’Darah including the person with the “Eck residue” But in order to get “what the Eck” the person with the Eck residue must survive the impalement. Yes that is hard on a healer and yes it does take a while.

So yes those two in conjunction are a pain in the ass.

And yes as a matter of fact I do like to skip Eck. Because if I do go that way, right before I am about to pull..someone almost always askes to do those 2 achivements, but if I just steer clear of him..most of the time the issue does not come up.

-Martin Heidegger

Quote Originally Posted by Texco
    Not entirely sure why you'd be so against someone wanting to do 'What the Eck?' though, at a guess I'd say it's because you want to skip Eck, get straight to the last bosss to get your frost asap. Nevermind the fact that people do still gear up in heroics, but screw that, as long as you get what you want for the 1 run you do per day right?
    That's essentially correct.

For the people gearing up / learning, you can tag along for the badges and the experience. I don't mind. But don't think for a moment I'd be willing to go out of my way to help you with some random pointless task when I've barely even known you for 5 minutes.

I'm not surprised the more "casual" people are sick of this kind of attitude, but then again, blame Blizzard for putting t10 badges as the reward for participating in a pre-t7 dungeon. For some of the min-maxing hardcore people, that means they are doing 6+ random dungeons a day. Don't be surprised that we're tired of them and want to skip directly to the final boss.
    Vindicatum - US-Icecrown 14/14H - 3 days per week - Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor
    http://vindicatum.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jurik
    No, really, I don't want to do Lodi Dodi We Love the Skadi. Definitely not interested in Zombiefest, Better Off Dred, Respect Your Elders, or Chaos Theory. I don't care how close you are to your red proto. I signed up for a random heroic to get my daily frost badges, not waste time doing something the obnoxious way so that someone can someday ride a vanity mount on some other server I care nothing about.

Don't like it? Too bad. I have several alts to run through for frost badges, and they are all healers or tanks and enjoy instant queues. I have no incentive to waste time on someone I don't even know. If you want to get an achievement, make a group that wants the achievement, and count me out because I'm not interested.
    wow, what a tool. I hope i never have to run a dungeon with you. I also have several alts to run through, and yes I actually raid ICC with 4 toons, only 1 on 25man, but 4 on 10's. So yeah, I do need my badges too. But there is nothing wrong with asking, and nothing wrong with saying no.

But seriously, especially some of the ones you mentioned. "better off dred", "lodi dodi"l, those basically take next to no extra time, and if the tank and healer want to do it, then STFU.

Granted, I will agree that some, IE Chaos Theory (although after nerf this is gonna be a joke), Abuse the Ooze, Zombiefest, do take time and coordination. Those are best reserved for guild only or premade groups.

Hell, some achievements actually make a run go faster. IE Hadronox. agro, vanish, invis, shadowmeld, ankh despawn the adds, and you can run straight for the boss without all the pretense.

So OP while you are being a dumbass, you need to learn not only what achievements are easy, and make for better groups, but also what can make runs go smoother than just OMG GOGOGOGO 2 seconds into the instance. You're probably the hunter who misdirects the tank pre-buff when the healer is still zoning in. Or the elemental shaman who queues for heals, stays elemental and throws lightning bolts and then wonders why the tank died, then cried it was LOS or OOR while they are dpsing.

Quote Originally Posted by Flagellum
    I like this Jurik guy. What I hate most about achievements in random heroics is when the other 4 guys are in the same guild. Bc if you say no, you know you'll get vote kicked heh. I usually dont care though as long as it's quick.
    I actually had an entire guild group besides myself yesterday in a H FoS. The healer kept bugging to clear all the extra trash packs for a shot at a hilt (which, mind you, he already had the quest reward from), and his guildmates actually sat there and went "uh.. don't we clear enough just running through the place?" as one of the dps ran ahead ignoring it. It's rather amusing at times to see how different guilds interact with each other.

But, in general, I have the same mindset. It's not that I'm necessarily lazy.. I just find it frustrating when people walk in and start spewing about achievements. I'll usually just type a quick "Sorry, but no, we won't be going out of our way for anything special. If they mean that much to you, try to organize a friend/guild run for it." Some people are perfectly fine with the answer, and some people get pissed off and leave.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions