Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Shaman Wishlist, New spell for cataylism

Power of the Sentry Totem

Makes Sentry Totem usefull somehow
    Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.

Have to say there are some pretty creative ideas so far lol.

I'm personally more interested in how they will tweak old abilities in the xpac. IMO the only way PvP is gonna be balanced is if they make alot of changes to the old abilities and simplify things instead of add more stuff. Just imagine a frost mage with even one more ability, or a hunter....it will just be impossible to hit them. Or a disc priest with another bubble, or a rogue with another stun..ect.

One thing I would like to see for Enhance specifically is a better Lava Lash, cause atm it's not a very high priority or all that fun to use. Taking a mix of ideas, I would prob do something like...

Lava Lash

You charge your off-hand weapon with lava, instantly dealing 100% off-hand Weapon damage. Damage is increased by 50% if your off-hand weapon is enchanted with Flametongue. If the off-hand is enchanted with Frostbrand, it will always apply the snare debuff. This ability also generates one maelstrom weapon charge.

It's alot for one ability, but I think it's a good improvement for both pve and pvp, without being too op.

Another thing I hope they change is to remove the charges from our elemental shields and make them just applied magic buffs that can be dispelled, atleast for water and lightning shield....earthshield can keep it's stacks. Also scaling for the elemental imbues, WF's bonus AP should be a %, FT's bonus SP should be a %, earthliving proc should heal you for a % of your HP or base HP.

Permanent Elemental Pet:

Shaman - Master of the elements, may summon 2 elementals, each bound to a cocktail stick in the ground and lasting about as long as pubescent sex.

Mage - Can summon an elemental and then glyph it to follow them round all day, make coffee and do the ironing.

Come on, something is seriously wrong with that picture!!

Armory Link
    Life's like a salmon swimming upstream - Hard work, and sometimes you get eaten by bears.

Quote Originally Posted by Polanco
    Saw this thread on Hunter, which was stolen from somewhere else. What change to a spell or new spell would you like to see for the expansion for each class.

Resto - Either a new HoT or a spell that instantly consumes a water shield bubble, or makes an Earth shield charge to explode and do an AoE heal

Elemental - not sure dont play elemental that much

Enhance - either make Feral spirits last longer or the earthquake spell Thrall has in Warcraft III

thats just me, whats your ideas.
    But earthquake from warcraft III only damages buildings ;D
    But a big quake only shakes people around, and doesent do any dmg.

what about,

Quake of earth
    The earth underneath an enemy target rips open and holds the target down.Stunning for 5 sek 1min cd.1001-1100 dmg 15m range

OR

Earths grasp
    A burst of quicksand shoots from the Shamans hands, grappling the first target(Friend or foe), and pulls it towards the caster!Heals a friend for 2000 or damages a foe for 500 and rooting it 8-25m range

totems that get up and walk around.. ie brooms that mikey gets to carry around his water buckets..

totems on a energy cooldown, maybe like deathknight runes... some will say that would suck but let me finish...
    depending on the combonation you use, or the order, you put them down in, you get a cool beneficial proc.. ie. like the runeswords from diablo2

elementals in pet bar form.. dont have to be permanent.. but can be skilled as such.. ie dks

more totem types, i think we have enough spells, but more and different totems would be cool, and maybe a 5th or 6th totem... arcain and beastial (w/e)

For resto, I'd love to see an instant-cast AoE Riptide-like spell, something like a fusion of CoH and WG. For instance:

Revitalizing Rain: Heals 5 party or raid members within 40 yards for 1154-1394 instantly and another 1075-1185 over 10 seconds. 6 second CD.

As a raiding resto shaman, this is the one weakness I see in the class--the inability to AoE heal when moving. IMO, this wouldn't be overpowered (its actually weaker than CoH and WG), but it would give us that extra little bit of HoT-ing power that softens many of the AoE blows that tend to kill DPS. Just a thought.

Let elemental shamans have the same forked lightning naga's use, it would make a nice aoe channeled spell
    (havnt thought up any numbers but im sure some1 could)
    Sometimes you just have to stop healing some people to prove a point, if they don't listen, it's really their own fault :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaman

by removing it from the spellbook!
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaman

Sentry Totem - no mana cost - 10min cd - cannot be used in arena
    When placed on the ground your spirit will leave your body and will be transfered into the totem, after the effect expires or its canceled the spirit will return back in your body

And also i agree with the aoe instant heal.

For elemental: Lightning totem: each time you cast a lightning bolt or chain lightning you lightning totem gains 1 lightning power, when it reaches 10 stack something cool will happen

For enhancement: dunno what, but something that will make 2hand dps viable

shadow magic is not shamanistic
    cool story, bro

http://www.allmoviephoto.com/photo/2...r_002_big.html

da shadow man wants to have a word with ya
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

[Glyph of Sentry Totem]
    Major Glyph
    No longer instantly sets your camera to the totem, because that would be stupid
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Static Bolt
    Sends a hurly static bolt at the enemy causing X damage(something between 3000 and 4000 at max level) while refreshing your lava burst cooldown).
    4 seconds cooldown.
    Nothing major just makes shammies more intersting and haste more obsolete.
    Seriously who likes haste?
    I friggin hate haste.
    Pew pew

Elemental Illusion - Reduces the mana cost of all healing spells by 40% and increases haste by 15% for 10 seconds.

For the Oh shi- spell, shamans should get something like..
    descend into the world of spirits or something, making you a ghost or whatever. Immune to everything.
    would also require a cool animation, something looking like a purge or whatever.

Would look like your soul is leaving the shamans body or something

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Qafaf
    Static Bolt
    Sends a hurly static bolt at the enemy causing X damage(something between 3000 and 4000 at max level) while refreshing your lava burst cooldown).
    4 seconds cooldown.
    Nothing major just makes shammies more intersting and haste more obsolete.
    Seriously who likes haste?
    I friggin hate haste.

Why did you roll a shaman??
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

I realy hope they implement Spirit Link again.

i dont get how enhancment doesnt have an AoE unless ur not playingthe class properly...as for elemental..the only aoe we can use we need to be in melee range...the healing idea is kinda good but in all reality i feel unless ur a holy pally your healing spells are more than capable of multiple roles thus you dont need anymore.

so i guess points being made are

resto: ur set

enchancement: use ur magma totem and hit fire nova when ever its up. and you will have an AoE strong enough to compete with DKs and rogues.

elemental: needs an AoE, needs more DoT effects, needs massive revamp. where am i getting this from? too much movement in ICC. most instances i can pull 6-7k but via. all the movement in ICC i could barely even pull 3k
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Pact of Fire
    23% of base mana
    Instant cast 10 min cooldown

You commune with a Fire Elemental and request aid. It comes to rain destruction on your foes. It can not be dispelled, and it's a Permanent pet.
    The destruction comes in the form of (Fire Aoe, Melee Fire punch, ranged fire bolt) type spells.

Pact of Earth
    23% of base mana

You commune with a Earth Elemental and request aid. It comes to protect you and your group mates from harm. It can not be dispelled, and it's a permanent pet.
    The protection comes in the form of (Earthquake aoe stun spell, intercept type ability that absorbs a attack, And melee attacks that slow cast speed down) All spells will cause a high
    amount of threat.

Pact of Water
    23% of base mana

You commune with a Water Elemental and request aid. It comes to restore you and your group mates health. It can not be dispelled, and it's a permanent pet.
    The restoration comes in the form of (Aoe pulse heal, a single target mana regen spell [Blessing of the Water Elemental], and chain heal it will regularly use.

The idea is that at 85..and with the possibility of a Elemental War breaking out, it would make sense that we have become so attuned with nature that the elementals we summon will be happy to help us. haha

Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator
    [Glyph of Sentry Totem]
    Major Glyph
    No longer instantly sets your camera to the totem, because that would be stupid
    sig'd :P

Deleted

Don't necro over month old threads, especially when theres new ones which have basically the same title.