DPS questions for a returning player

Ok... Bear with me for a bit guys, as I am not new, but have just returned from a deployment in which I havn't been able to play WoW. I left shortly after 3.2 launched and only ran ToC up to faction champs before i left.

I've been reading these forums for a couple of days and have some questions regarding the best raiding spec.
    Right now it seems Unholy 17/0/54 Unholy is top dog for dps. However, at what gear level does it become better? I played Unholy in 3.0, then went blood when 3.1 launched, and have been so since.

My rotation
    PS-IT-BSX2-ScS-DC
    ScSx3 DCx2
    Repeat.

However I have read that instead of doing BSx2 you BS-ScS-BS?

Armory
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...=Th%C3%A0natos

Have Needle Encrusted Scorpion trinket as well ( i know my weapon blows ass, but am looking to replace with the weapon from Morrowgar as soon as possible, or if a damn Hilt would drop)

I'm currently pulling off about 6.5k dps as blood in a 25m. In my current gear, would Unholy beat that? Match it?

Any help would be appriciated. Thanks!

Re: DPS questions for a returning player

PS-IT-BSx2 is fine. Until you get a decent amount of ICC gear and the T10 2pc, you're better off dropping the 3 points in Reaping. I'd suggest finishing BCB and putting 2 points in Morbidity. The reason for this is your Scourge Strikes wont hit hard enough to worth an extra one instead of 2x Blood Strike.

As to whether Unholy would beat Blood in your current gear, only a simulator could tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumduh
    As to whether Unholy would beat Blood in your current gear, only a simulator could tell you.
    ^what he said.
    Simply ask mr robot !

Deleted

The "optimal" spec you're referring to doesn't include reaping, therefore you can't do 3x SS as you'd have two blood runes.

Optimal rotation would be:

PS > IT > BS > SS > BS
    SS > BS > SS > BS

BS > SS > BS is optimal as it's frontloading slightly more damage. Not all mobs are going to die or force downtime in multiples of 20 seconds to suit your rotation. If you try BS > BS > SS and then the mob dies, goes into a phase transition, CCs you or does anything else that disrupts your facerolling after the 2nd BS, you'll have lost a SS for a BS, obviously a DPS loss.

Once you get reaping, you'd keep your blood strikes together though, otherwise it's going to disrupt the rune pairing when you get death runes becoming available at different points in your rotation.

Until you get a decent amount of ICC gear and the T10 2pc, you're better off dropping the 3 points in Reaping. I'd suggest finishing BCB and putting 2 points in Morbidity. The reason for this is your Scourge Strikes wont hit hard enough to worth an extra one instead of 2x Blood Strike.
    Don't forget the opportunity cost of the 3 talent points which would have been used for 3% crit from Dark Conviction.

Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

Quote Originally Posted by Wingwraith
    Don't forget the opportunity cost of the 3 talent points which would have been used for 3% crit from Dark Conviction.
    He already had 5/5 Dark Conviction so that wasn't possible.

He already had 5/5 Dark Conviction so that wasn't possible.
    He has it now, yes.
    But when moving from 17/54 to 14/57 you lose those 3pts for Reaping.

Wait, wtf? He's not specc'd into Dirge. I knew something else was funky about his spec...
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

Quote Originally Posted by Wingwraith
    He has it now, yes.
    But when moving from 17/54 to 14/57 you lose those 3pts for Reaping.

Wait, wtf? He's not specc'd into Dirge. I knew something else was funky about his spec...
    I didn't notice it either.

Thanatoasted,
    For better dps, you should lose the 3 points in Reaping. Put 2 in Dirge and the last one in BCB. Once you get some T10/ICC gear, you can put the points back in Reaping.