Poll: What do you think heroic Icecrown will provide to the community?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Heroic Icecrown

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Heroic Icecrown

With heroic Icecrown modes soon available for unlocking, what is your personal opinion on what the actual difficulty of the heroic versions of each encounter?

As much as I am sure this will incite massive flame wars, do attempt to keep things as civil as internet humanly possible. All opinions are welcome, but there is no need for belittlement.

If you have an opinion not listed in the poll options, feel free to share.

If you are curious to know what I voted, I voted option 5 as I have no actual opinion. So that is to state I am not starting this in any form of bias one direction or the other. I am simply curious as to the thought sof the community as to what challenge (or even lack of) the final content of this expansion shall provide.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Re: Heroic Icecrown

Despite the fact that the Frostwing Halls are not out yet, i still firmly believe that the hard modes will be high up there on the scale of difficulty.

And then some people will complain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

I have a feeling it's going to be up there. I imagine Plagueworks being a very nasty area.
    No, real men set standards and are territorial. Real men don't accept others that stray from the norm. Real men bully those that appear to be weak and inferior. Real men crave structure, hierarchies and rules. Your definition is just a way to neuter the male gender and only losers are deceived by it
    What I learned in a Nintendo thread

I suspect that the Lich King 25 HC Is gonna be daaaam hard

It would be surprizing if there wasn't at least 1 fight as hard or harder than mu'ru, considering ulduar already had at least 2 that were harder. (1 that still is 2 tiers later)

I'd even say anub 25 was around the difficulty of mu'ru. People think too highly of mu'ru.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

I know it will be bloody hard, why? Well, cause when Anub'Arak was released, over 9000 (no pun intended) guilds killed him, yet, a lot of people (my guild included, with me bubbling, got Fester to 80k but that's because a healer was dpsing, and a real dpser should be there. Rotface was a lot easier though) can't finish the Plagueworks, and the fact that you get a title even for LK 10 man, it means it WILL be a hard fight. Normal mode will be nerfed after some weeks, but I'm sure Heroic Mode will be tough as nails, hopefully even Ensidia will fail on ICC25H for the 1st week of it's release.
    I won the game and all I got was this lousy signature.

Please; if you have any doubts about how to spec Google it, it'll be way faster than making a thread about it.

You're vastly overrating M'uru. Ulduar had three fights harder than M'uru, one CONSIDERABLY harder than M'uru.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14
    You're vastly overrating M'uru. Ulduar had three fights harder than M'uru, one CONSIDERABLY harder than M'uru.
    Gonna have to agree with this. While I never saw him down (DAMN YOU 1%!!!!), and he did give me nightmares (Never attempted him after 3.0), just looking at Alone in the darkness made me cry.

That being said, I think their all going to be fairly hard, with the Lich King being the Yogg+0 of ICC. (He's the only hardmode not needed for drakes.)

If I recall there is an incoming player self buff when inside ICC, not sure of the full details just I know it is already done. I guess it depends how they work this.

Currently not all that many can do the end wing bosses as it is, I suspect a heavy nerf to cater, in which case the HM's might not be all that much of a gap from the current versions.
    "Marking targets, coordinating CC, and *most importantly*, pulling responsibly so that 9 elites didn't rush us and wipe the party. I'm sorry, but those skills, entirely missing now in WotLK, are the real signs of skill and ability to tank effectively."

I believe it will probably be easy for some and hard for the rest

I'd say that it's going to be difficult as hell at some points.
    As already mentioned, Ulduar had two Hardmodes which were actually harder than Mu'ru (Yogg+0 / Algalon. both with ulduar gear ofc) and one of them (Yogg+0) is still a really tough encounter, even if you seem "outgeared".

Anub 25 heroic was pretty difficult, too. It required high coordination and full conentration of everyone to achieve the final Insanity chest. Besides the hardmodes I mentioned before and Sarth3D this wasn't necessary at ANY WotLK encounter.

Guess they're trying to match with those difficulties, but they're also nerfing the encounters as Cataclysm approaches.

Algalon as a hard boss? Really?
    He was probably one of the easiest "hard modes" in Ulduar... but whatever.

It's not going to be that hard because you were forced to do normal mode 40 times before you start hardmodes.

You are already used to the mechanics and you are improving your gear and tactics all the time in normal mode. When you start skipping blood boils on saurfang or got 1 minute left on enrage timer on festergut how hard can hardmode be?

Only the last wing + LK will be hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14
    Even if ulduar had harder encounters then M'uru. Lets keep him as the "standard" difficulty check since a lot of ppl brag about him. Ulduar had 1 fight harder then him and i would say 3 fights at his lvl, mimi, freya+3 and general vezax, all pre-nerf ofc. I can say algalon to be very near at his difficulty lvl, but not harder.

In icc25hc I think the first four bosses will go down very fast, infact on the 1st day. The end wing bosses taking 2 weeks atleast, due the limited attempts and expect all of them to be at M'uru
    difficulty. Arthas hc being on lvl with yogg+0 difficulty. And the rest of the bosses providing a very decent challenge for most of the end game raiding guilds. This is what the icc difficulty should be like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian
    It's not going to be that hard because you were forced to do normal mode 40 times before you start hardmodes.

You are already used to the mechanics and you are improving your gear and tactics all the time in normal mode. When you start skipping blood boils on saurfang or got 1 minute left on enrage timer on festergut how hard can hardmode be?

Only the last wing + LK will be hard.
    You have to keep in mind that hc modes are designed keeping in mind that players are fully geared from the normal modes. Also I don't think dreamwalker will be more difficult then lana'thel, putricide and ofc sindragosa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

We will see...

15+ Year Old Account

The only reason I use Mu'ru as my example is because that seems to be the pinaccle that so-called "BC hardcore" raiders hold actual difficulty at. I've even seen some people say Firefighter was a joke pre-nerfs. Really?

From the results thusfar, I can see most people expect heroic Icecrown to be a great challenge. Keep the input coming!

Edit: I changed the first poll option to reflect the difficulty of FIrefighter and and/or Yogg+0.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

15+ Year Old Account

Many are saying that Muru wasn't so hard and that the wing end bosses will be as difficult.

Sure with the lame limited attempt crap they could be, but imagine if Muru would have had a 15 attempt limit per week, that would have been something right? :

Artificial cockblock bosses in wotlk = easy bosses with lame and fucked up mechanics (such as limited attempts/time).
    Pre wotlk bosses = just hard bosses with no limited attempts/time.

You can't really compare artificial cockblock bosses with a boss like Muru.

But that's just my 2 cents.

the way they are hyping the lich kings hard mode, hope it's harder than Yogg+0! (post-nerf)

Many are saying that Muru wasn't so hard and that the wing end bosses will be as difficult.

Sure with the lame limited attempt crap they could be, but imagine if Muru would have had a 15 attempt limit per week, that would have been something right? Roll Eyes

Artificial cockblock bosses in wotlk = easy bosses with lame and fucked up mechanics (such as limited attempts/time).
    Pre wotlk bosses = just hard bosses with no limited attempts/time.

You can't really compare artificial cockblock bosses with a boss like Muru.

But that's just my 2 cents.
    Limited attempt isnt different from time-sink activities you had to do to even set foot into Sunwell (buffs, pots, mats for gears, previous raid's gears etc.).