Poll: What do you think heroic Icecrown will provide to the community?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Heroic Icecrown

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Heroic Icecrown

Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric
    Let me help you about M'uru Phase one did spawn some"npc's" as you just wrote them off as simple. They were anything but, they came quickly, they came on a timer, and they came in waves of 6 three per each side of the room two Shadowsword Berserkers and one Shadowsword Fury Mage per side. You then needed one tank to pick up the two berserkers which hit incredibly hard and another tank to tank the fury mages, the trick was that when the berserkers would Flurry the tank would almost immediately become unhealable, and the fury mage would cast Spell Fury Which would need to be spellstolen or interrupted constantly or the tank on them would also die. These adds needed to die quickly as the next wave would start counting down the second the first arrived. If a dps player pulled agro on an add they died, if a tank couldn't pick up an add in time they died, if the Void Sentinels were not tanked correctly you wiped.

This is just phase one mind you, so saying "it was just set up that if your DPS was sleeping, things became problematic" is far from accurate. Dps had to be interrupting dealing maximum dps misdirecting constantly stunning for the tanks, debuffing mobs for the tanks, and staying aware. As a rogue on that fight I felt pretty crucial to the survival of phase 1 and pretty much had to pull out all the stops to help the tanks around me and the other dps. It's not something you can read about, you would have had to be there and before the fight was nerfed.
    I was there, and it was a lot less chaotic than you describe it.

As for the other comment,
    If your DPS is lacking on whatever other misc speed races, you'll wipe too. If people die too early, you're usually screwed. If people missed healing, people died. None of that is anything new.

Maybe our guild was just better than most, but it felt a lot less dramatic than made out to be. We didn't have to have anyone MD the big guys to the tank in the middle, he was on point in picking them up, our caster dps was on point with AE dmg to take out the small spawns and keeping up DPS on M'uru between small spawns. Our tanks on the sides and all the associated DPS were good enough to not have to worry about getting overrun, assuming no one did TOO much dps and got aggro/die. I think the most our pack tanks asked was to lay down a frost trap just to slow down the pack and make it easier to pick up. Our Mass dispels were on point, though of course a resist was possible, though it doesn't necessarily make the fight OMGWTF hard. Again, maybe it was our guild, but honestly, all of that fell into place almost instantly. Granted, perfecting it all for the entirety of the phase took some time, but it wasn't because we didn't understand it, it's just because not everything always goes right. Honestly, phase 2 was what took us the longest, mostly because Singularity hated us and screwed up DPS's rotations enough where his AE chain attack eventually just owned us.

Regardless, mechanics-wise, it was not a difficult fight to wrap your head around, certainly not the most complex in the instance. It was basically just a fight that required a certain level of DPS to even think about completing it. It was a numbers fight.

But, if that's harder than the hard modes in the game now, then hell, I should get back into raiding -_-

I think ICC will be hard because I can see the potential for it to be hard in some cases already.

For example Blood Queen has the potential to be a brutal tank check in addition to a massivly challenging DPS check which would in turn increase the strain on the healers. She currently only hits the offtank with one stack of the bleed but imagine if you had to perform a tank swap because that bleed stacked, you could have one tank with 2 stacks and another with 1 so both would be effectivly at 3 stack because of the link debuff ontop of her melee attacks. That sort of thing can create huge EH requirements for the tanks. Maybe you even need a tank to take the bleed and move out forcing you to alternate offtank and burn a dps slot because she hits so damn hard.

ofcourse thats just pure speculation but when I can see so much potential I refuse to believe it's acidental and they're about to under tune those fights.
    Sanctity, level 110 Blood elf protection Paladin of <Fallout> on Tarren Mill EU

Gonna be a test of skill that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless
    I was there, and it was a lot less chaotic than you describe it.
    I suppose, I was a rogue and I was carrying so I put a lot of extra stress of myself to make things function. What class were you? :P That might explain everything about how you feel about pre nerf M'uru