Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ret pally ICC cape choice

Right now, I have Shadowvault Slayer's Cloak, and I was wondering if I should take Saronite Gargoyle Cloak instead. Of course, I was going to pick up the Plaugeworks cape once that drops for me, but these two are my only choices right now.

Re: Ret pally ICC cape choice

I'd take the Saronite Gargoyle Cloak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Augury View Post
    I see you trollin
    round town with that class i love
    and im like haiku

Shadowvault is the best of all three you've mentioned so good luck on having the better item equipped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aetherilium
    I'd take the Saronite Gargoyle Cloak.
    This is incorrect.

Shadowvault Slayer's Cloak is worth around 436~ dps

Saronite Gargoyle Cloak is worth around 376~ dps

Could vary roughly depending on your gear/gemming setup but the Shadowvault Slayer's Cloak gives more dps, stick with that for now

Quote Originally Posted by Lark
    Shadowvault is the best of all three you've mentioned so good luck on having the better item equipped.This is incorrect.
    It's better than Winding Sheet?

Winding Sheet
    Nuff said.

Winding Sheet is not as good as Shadowvault Slayer's Cloak. There is around 30~ dps differance.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastn
    It's better than Winding Sheet?
    For my existing gear, rawr models it as 19 dps ahead of Winding sheet. Most paladin should see numbers akin to this.

I would mind you never take vault slayer over sheet unless it was going to root, but if he's got it, he should be using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark
    For my existing gear, rawr models it as 19 dps ahead of Winding sheet. Most paladin should see numbers akin to this.

I would mind you never take vault slayer over sheet unless it was going to root, but if he's got it, he should be using it.
    Well, I picked it up in a PuG, and it was an upgrade to my last cape (25 Naxx cape)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastn
    Well, I picked it up in a PuG, and it was an upgrade to my last cape (25 Naxx cape)
    I'm by no means trying to make you feel bad or to impose any sort of guilt on you; was simply stating the difference isn't big enough to pick a fight. You have it, make good use of it

(Lucky!)

Deleted

You might wanna pick up winding sheet tho, since blizz has stated that they will put in the stat changes before cataclysm. So pretty much any agi gear will be useless for plate dpsers.

I will try my best to pick up Winding Sheet then, I just hope it's not as uncommon as Byrntroll...
    Thanks for your help.

15+ Year Old Account

With BiS plate priority, the i264 Shadowvault Slayer's Cloak is ahead of DPS on Winding Sheet.

iLevel 277 Winding Sheet is better than iLevel 277 Shadowvault Slayer's Cloak, however.

10+ Year Old Account

SSC drops off of gunship right?
    Look up, see the buzzards circling?

Ronark hit the nail on the head. Alas, i still need hit from my cloak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celdarion
    You might wanna pick up winding sheet tho, since blizz has stated that they will put in the stat changes before cataclysm. So pretty much any agi gear will be useless for plate dpsers.
    Don't gear for 8+ months from now. Gear for here and now. You'll have a long long time to pick up a different cloak when it is officially announced (release date/4.0).
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    Don't gear for 8+ months from now. Gear for here and now. You'll have a long long time to pick up a different cloak when it is officially announced (release date/4.0).
    This. Alot of Agi gear is better than Str gear for Ret Pallies. Dont worry about Cata right now. Its not like they're gonna give you a days notice of 4.0 coming out...

Quote Originally Posted by Roxuspally
    This. Alot of Agi gear is better than Str gear for Ret Pallies. Dont worry about Cata right now. Its not like they're gonna give you a days notice of 4.0 coming out...
    Ehh, Maybe its that Im a nice guy and let my feral/rogue buddies take the agi gear and not roll, or that I just dont like the idea of my plate class wearing leather, but I've never rolled on an agi piece. Ill always keep my strength gear, I wont have to worry about rolling on str gear and having screwed over a bunch of rogues who couldve used the agi cloak I took from them when Cat is close to coming out.

And to be honest, If I have all plate and I fall 100dps short of what I could be doing, i dont mind at all. If the BiS leather chest goes to my feral friend, whether it be his increased dps, or mine, its all going toward killing the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Minimach
    Ehh, Maybe its that Im a nice guy and let my feral/rogue buddies take the agi gear and not roll, or that I just dont like the idea of my plate class wearing leather, but I've never rolled on an agi piece. Ill always keep my strength gear, I wont have to worry about rolling on str gear and having screwed over a bunch of rogues who couldve used the agi cloak I took from them when Cat is close to coming out.

And to be honest, If I have all plate and I fall 100dps short of what I could be doing, i dont mind at all. If the BiS leather chest goes to my feral friend, whether it be his increased dps, or mine, its all going toward killing the boss.
    letting a rogue have it first is not the same as completely shunning leather. The leather chest I'm wearing now I let 3 different rogues and 2 fearl druids get before I got it. Did that change the fact that I knew I wanted it? Or that I would eventually get it? Not one bit. This chest only has 4 upgrades total in ICC (t10 251 if you have on 3pc t10, however the other slot getting 4pc is a better option, 264 tier, 277 tier, and the h blade-scored carapace). Why would you shun such a thing? With the tier 9 2pc it was statistically better to have agi gear in damn near every slot that you didn't have that 2 pc on. I'm sure if they made more leather gear without arp than we probably would have looked like rogues.

edit: also, by pigeon-holing yourself in plate you are way over hit cap, likely just do to your weapon, and vastly over Exp cap. Exp can easily be fixed with crafting leather boots, and you'll only pay about 600gold when most of us spent 3k to make BiS (at the time) boots.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Deleted

ok.. lost.

Why on earth are so many ppl taking agil gear above strenght. I know noob/naab/blabla.. but.. If I don't ask I never know.

A wise man once said: there is only one stupid question; the question which is never asked.

And while I am being noobish: haste good or not good. In the old days (with SoB) it was god. Now?

cheers, for info
    Emi

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Roxuspally
    that and theres speculation of a gundrak raid releasing before cataclysm... if that's true we've got another entire raid to get gear from, so why bother getting gear to level in now? if not, well, at some point ICC gear will be getting d/e'd so just grab it then.
    Look up, see the buzzards circling?