Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: What's your excuse for having no gems and enchants? (Level 80 toons)

I always gem/enchant my druids all gears (three feral specs and a resto ones) with best qualitity gems/enchants, same with my alts. Its not too much of an effort even for a casual player to put few gold pieces on item to maximize its stats.(For example, Youll profit around 2k/week/toon for doing pvp/dungeon dailys everyday and buying gems with honor/stone keeper shards/badges). The gold farming nowdays is not an issue if youre iq is higher than 20. Blue gems/weaker wotlk echants are also acceptable on weak lvl 80 gears but to have no enchants at all.. /spit!

Amazing.

I guess it's because I am an enchanter and JC. Maybe I take that for granted. ???

It's just such a simple and easy thing to make your toon better.

No excuse because im not a bad

I never expected so many people actually don't gem/enchant on purpose. It costs like 5g per gem/enchant if you go for low quality stuff, in my opinion even one instance run with that gear is worth enchanting/gemming it.

10+ Year Old Account

cant be bothered to walk to the ah? i get that alot when im standing in dalaran with 20mins left on my hs cooldown -.-

Because my hunter just does /pet aggressive /follow /afk, and gems/enchants aren't going to raise the DPS of that "rotation" at all.

If something should not be enchanted on my characters, it would be because I'm expecting to replace it soon (e.g. the staff on my druid).

15+ Year Old Account

I think gold issues maybe.
    Enchants and gems are really expensive if you're still gearing up and get new pieces every other day.

No excuse is valid, EVER

Said players should be put onto a boat and sent to a 'special' server.

All my toons on all their gear even while levelling always have enchants and gems. It's not like 20-50 G a day is a problem you get a lot more than that out of quest rewards. Of course, when you know it's a temporary thing, you only use lower level enchants and gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Chir0n
    I think gold issues maybe.
    Enchants and gems are really expensive if you're still gearing up and get new pieces every other day.
    this

my alt is mostly i200 level gear and im not gonna spend around 200g per gem to gem his gear that im replacing at about 2-4 items per day.

Imo if you have 232 and up you should be gemming and enchanting well. Pre 232 use blue gems or even green

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lightworker
    Level 80 toons that have no gems and no enchants. Why? I also see a lot of Death Knights sitting around for months on end with absolutely no gems and enchants. Why would you not want to have maximum performance? Why not at least use entry level gems?
    Some people are just that greedy and other just that stupid.

What I want to know within the same subject matter is why I see some people in WoW today with the inferior staff (spell power) enchant and worse why some actually pay for the best weapon (spell power) enchant instead the aforementioned.

To be more precise why doesn't everyone have +63 spell on that Engrave GG Femur?
    Facilis Descensus Averno

u gotsta have da bling dawg. aint be havin no honnies witout epic bling

an you sure hell be sportin dem fine chanted threads.

Quote Originally Posted by MilitantCasual
    Why do people have a 400g enchant on an ilvl 200 staff? Because they buy gold.
    Or they are in a decent guild that has a whole bank full of mats....

Quote Originally Posted by pinkduck
    Oh god, i sure hope I don't reincarnate into a bad DPS because of my bad karma. It would suck to have to cry every patch because I'm afraid to lose my raid spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiggity
    No excuse is valid, EVER Said players should be put onto a boat and sent to a 'special' server.
    well i dont have gems/enchants on 5 epix, I got all the drops that one night, was going to enchant them the next morning (due to no enchanter around and it being late)... But my TimeCard ran out that next morning and I haven't activated my account since... I did gem them (mostly) that night but just couldn't find an enchanter before I went to bed.. Figure thats a fairly Vaild reason...

THe best one
    Me : I just got to level 80.
    Raid Leader : But you got full T9.
    Me : -.-'
    Raid Leader kicks me from the raid :<

Generally, I'll drop by the AH and put the cheepest enchants or gems on gear my alts pick up, not spending more than I can get from a daily heroic (25 gold) on any given piece, which usually ammounts to a 2nd-3rd tier enchant and a couple perfect green gems. The difference between that and spending 100-500 gold is usually pretty tiny, and I can feel content getting back 10 gold from the vendor when I'm done with it.

Only way I go unchanted/gemed is if I have every reason to beleive I'll be replacing that item by the end of the day anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Stieger23
    I never gem anything because it reduces flexibility. If I actually allocate gems into a slot it reduces the possible things I COULD put in that slot. Same with enchants. Same with talent points. Running around with a 0/0/0 build is optimal for flexibility because you can respec for any encounter on a dime. But you shouldn't, since doing so reduces your future potential flexibility.
    Nuklear power? Red Mage?

YOU SHOULD GEM EVERYTHING.

If you have gold issues, gem with blues. Hell, gem with bloodstones and chalcedonies and dark jades. Just LET ME KNOW THAT YOU KNOW WHAT SOCKETS ARE FOR.

EDIT: Unless the piece of gear is some really crappy green or blue you're just going to replace in five seconds, then maybe I could see why.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiggity
    No excuse is valid, EVER

Said players should be put onto a boat and sent to a 'special' server.
    If you are not planning to do high end raids why get high end enchants?

Here are several vaild excuses:
    Its an alt
    Its for an offspec
    Too poor
    CBA
    Expecting a fast upgrade
    Need money for other things