Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Playing with Children

If the adult is actually there with the child helping him learn to play better, I'm all for that.

There was a 13 year old in my sunwell TBC guild, he was pro.

Normally though I join guilds that are 18 or 21+ and only run stuff with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyron
    I really don't see a problem with letting a kid play, and and certainly wouldn't mind it in my groups, I do 5k+ myself, that's more than enough. I actually hope some of the players I have met with the random dungeon finder were just kids playing, that'd restore a bit of my faith in the abilities of the average WoW player

And while we're on the subject of kids playing, I would like to make a request to every asshat in the lowlvl dungeons out there: Stop assuming that everyone you group with is a skilled player who knows his class to perfection and is just being stupid. I often let my 10yo nephew play and he find greats joy in dungeons, probably because he doesn't understand what people are calling him. I'm not 10, nor was I when I started, but I sure as hell wasn't any better at this game back than he is now. It's a WoW-equivelant of "When you hear hooves, think horses. Not zebras" it goes: "When you see newbieness, assume newb. Not idiot. And stop being a complete dick about it, the run finishes anyway". If you want everyone in your group to be people who have wasted at least 3 years on this game, run with guildies.
    Problem is the term Newb(nub) has now come to mean "idiot" not someone who is new to the game.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by MyAlt
    Yeah, so who cares? You like to make useless observations that have nothing to do with the subject of the thread?
    Shhh little one, my constructive post in this thread has already been made a page before.

Nothing stops me from coming back and "observing" as you say, your obvious trolling behavior, don't worry soon someone else will "observe" and it'll be time for a well deserved time out
    Facilis Descensus Averno

We used to have someone who would go afk in raids because his kid was crying or his kid had gotten out of bed and we would have to wait for him before we started bosses. Im sorry but, if you've got children, don't raid. I honestly don't care if your kid has fallen down the stairs i don't want it interrupting me getting potential EPICLEWTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis
    Shhh little one, my constructive post in this thread has already been made a page before.

Nothing stops me from coming back and "observing" as you say, your obvious trolling behavior, don't worry soon someone else will "observe" and it'll be time for a well deserved time out
    Wouldn't his "obvious trolling behavior" mean he is trying to derail the thread or talk about something that has nothing to do with the topic....ugh the use of "trolling" has strayed so far from it actually means.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

In short, trolling means to provoke a response. Please l2internets.

Don't get mad so easily. All I can say.

Quote Originally Posted by avuron
    In short, trolling means to provoke a response. Please l2internets.
    And AFAIK, replying to "obvious" trolling posts can result in a ban.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Omein
    Wouldn't his "obvious trolling behavior" mean he is trying to derail the thread or talk about something that has nothing to do with the topic....ugh the use of "trolling" has strayed so far from it actually means.
    ^^This... unfortunately, asshats like Arganis believe trolling means "anyone who has a different opinion than me and openly voices it." My post was on topic and relevant. Not liking children =/= troll.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm
    Did you complete the instance? Yes.
    Did the 1.3k DPS hunter slow you down? I doubt it.
    Would you rather this guy had time with his kid rather than ignore his kid? I hope so.
    If the hunter had left, would you still have completed the instance? Yes.

I see no problem here. Quit your bitching.
    Yes.
    Yes.
    No.
    Yes.

Also yes for fast frosties from worn-out boring dungeons, so go figure.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Omein
    He just has an unmandated and overly aggresive behavior who's only purpose is to cause an aggresive response, you don't have to be totally off topic to be a troll.

The best trolls are the one's that say they're only "expressing" themselves and get away with it but they never really cared about the subject in question.

He looks like a troll to me, maybe I'm wrong, I'm sure a Mod will be able to make the difference.

Oh and he also appears in other threads with the same aggressive behavior, again with a clear intent at offending someone and getting a response.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

I don't really understand why everyone is jumping down the OP's throat. Nowhere in his post was his tone angry, maybe frustrated at best. He's not anti-children, he's not anti-father/kid time. I swear people just post on here blindly without even remotely comprehending what they've read. Not necessarily siding completely with the OP, as we do have a few raiders in guild with children that take 5 minute afks here and there for them, however I'd be a bit aggravated as well. There are so many other aspects of the game that he could have been showing his child instead of randoming a dungeon.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

We all started somewhere. This is a game and anyone is entitled to play it. And it's only a heroic not the end of the world if your doing 1.5k dps in a heroic. I mean thats what we were pulling going into 10 OS at the start of wraith.

Well if I was in your position, I'd be annoyed but only because I usually do my random dailies right at reset and plan to go to sleep right after. So I'm always trying to get the run done as fast as possible.

Best solution? Pull more deeps. Flex your e-peen to the max and make it so that you can do 50 percent of the dmg in the run so that you can get your welfare EoF and go on with your Wow fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by pomop
    "I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $359.76 says know your role."

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsburg
    And AFAIK, replying to "obvious" trolling posts can result in a ban.

AFAIK your opinion means alot to me, and being banned from this awesome forums would truely upset me!

Deleted

While I agree with many that it's just a heroic, and you can handle one dps less, I also agree with the OP that it's not really nice to just assume the rest of the group is gonna do the instance for you. Being the owner of two accounts, I could queue my tank and hunter as one party, and do both dailies at the same time. Never done it though, because I feel it's not really fair to the other players. I accept people in my group who are low geared, or perhaps not that skilled but who are trying their best. I don't accept people who just slack, don't do anything, or play with silly specs and rotations. It's a multiplayer game, which means that if you're just fucking around you're annoying other players. I think too many people forget that.

15+ Year Old Account

IMO you should be a little mad... should join up if your not up for it..should of did some little less then a heroic ... like a lower level 5 man with his kid.

not syaing ignore the kid saying dont be like ya ill be good for dps n...and then dont do dps...
    he should of sayed at the start that he has the kid and may not be able to pull normal dps, so if you needed a real dps could of replaced him at start or atleast know whats going on with him.
    im trap in this bullshit this routine of life. they build us all up just to tear us all down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_fruit
    "its like my tongue on LSD"

While I agree with many that it's just a heroic, and you can handle one dps less, I also agree with the OP that it's not really nice to just assume the rest of the group is gonna do the instance for you. Being the owner of two accounts, I could queue my tank and hunter as one party, and do both dailies at the same time. Never done it though, because I feel it's not really fair to the other players. I accept people in my group who are low geared, or perhaps not that skilled but who are trying their best. I don't accept people who just slack, don't do anything, or play with silly specs and rotations. It's a multiplayer game, which means that if you're just fucking around you're annoying other players. I think too many people forget that.
    I agree.

It's the fact of the matter. These dungeons are a group effort and nobody likes it when others aren't reasonably pulling their weight. While all of this is harmless in the long run, it still urks people when it happens.

Why do so many people type like they learned to spell at Chick-Fil-A?

Quote Originally Posted by Zakian
    This is the work of serious and hairy chested lumberjack mans.

Quote Originally Posted by Scunosi
    Pedophilia!

Actually no. This is about a recent run I did in Heroic UP. I was healing on my Priest, and I noticed that after the first boss (the one ranged typically nukes from full to dead) that the Hunter had an overall dps of 1.3k. He had also been afk for quite some time at the beginning of the instance.
    As we continue through to the Hunting Trophy room, I notice how during half the pulls he just stands there, and when he does do anything it's just Volley on whatever mobs (or even singular) may be left.
    I spoke up about this during the next boss fight, somewhat brusquely I guess. I get cranky on my healer. He said that he was playing with his 10 year old.
    Now this is an odd thing I'm thinking. It's great that he's doing something with his kid, possibly letting his kid play his toon for a bit or watch or something. However, he's also doing this in a Heroic. While I don't rage about Heroic runs unless something is seriously wrong, he's supposed to be part of a group. Instead, we were ending up pulling him through this instance so he could do something with his child.
    So I'm conflicted here: on the one hand he's being fatherly and that's great. On the other, he's really not doing what he signed up for, which I would consider a sort of "breach of contract". I'm very tempted to say "if you want to play with your kid, go solo some stuff, but don't involve anyone who doesn't want to be involved." Basically, do it on your own time.

Any thoughts? Anyone had to deal with this sort of thing before?
    I would initiate a vote kick and if it did not go through, I would alt tab or go smoke until my 15 minute debuff was up and then I'd drop group.

Deleted

I can understand the OP. If he wants to play with his child he can do that while doing solo content but apparently he wanted to leech some badges. Maybe it wasn't neccessary for him to do more dps but if the healer or tank plays like that alot more can go wrong, even in a Heroic.