Thread: Explosive trap.

Explosive trap.

I'm too lazy to search, so get over it.

Is it bugged? Cause my explosive trap(~500 instant, 2544 damage over 20 seconds.)
    Meaning that all targets should take ~3000 damage, but I get ~1700 damage, while the explosion hits one target, and the dot hits 2 targets.

It's ticking for ~62 damage, while it should be ticking for ~255 damage.

Or am I missing something? No resists happen, by the way.

Re: Explosive trap.

Are you using the highest rank?
    What level is your hunter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Alas, sweet prince! You hath received thine own ass handed to ye.

I'm using the highest rank for me(4), and I'm level 70.

Aspect of the viper? =p
    It's possible I think that they didn't update the damage for lower ranks, we know how Blizzard can be about these things. It might claim to do more damage while really keeping with the damage of old explosive trap.

Doesn't sound right though, since the actual damage the trap is dealing should be higher than what the tooltip says also.

Remember though that the AoE damage is reduced when there are to many targets, I cant say anything more that will help since the bug hasn't happen to me

No aspect of the viper, I just dinged 71 and got the next rank(5) and the same is happening, though this time it's ticking for 101. The tooltip is showing ~750 damage up front, and ~3000 damage over 20 seconds.
    I just tested on 1 target.

For some reason my dr damage is in fact correct in calculating the damage, and according to the formula displayed, explosive trap gains 10% of attack power.
    If I'm not mistaken, it's supposed to take your full RAP over the 20 seconds, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    No aspect of the viper, I just dinged 71 and got the next rank(5) and the same is happening, though this time it's ticking for 101. The tooltip is showing ~750 damage up front, and ~3000 damage over 20 seconds.
    I just tested on 1 target.

For some reason my dr damage is in fact correct in calculating the damage, and according to the formula displayed, explosive trap gains 10% of attack power.
    If I'm not mistaken, it's supposed to take your full RAP over the 20 seconds, right?
    Yes, the DoT is [Base + RAP/time], only the initial blast divides your RAP by 10 for the damage boost.

Edit:
    I stand by my original assessment, get the latest rank of explosive trap and see if the damage works out.