Feral DPS on trash

I'm finding, with my kitty using BadKitty to remind myself of debuff/buff durations, in T9 gear with all the recommended enchants etc, I'm doing an easy 3KDPS on a dummy - BUT when I get into an Heroic instance, I don't do nearly as well. The rotations/priorities mentioned here are great for a prolonged fight against a boss but what do you guys use when it's just the trash elites? I barely have time to get SR going before some mage or boomkin has zapped the lot & recount's showing I did <1Kdps & I'm getting grief from the party leader. Is it better to just spam swipe with these kinds of multiple mobs? I can get around 2-3K that way but my threat goes pretty high.

Re: Feral DPS on trash

The other thread was very old so I've put your post into a new topic. In future please try to check the age of a topic before replying to it

To answer your question though, generally yes - it will be better just to spam swipe on trash mobs as they don't last anywhere near long enough to take advantage of all your bleeds. You should at least try to build up a savage roar though as that will give your swipe a healthy dmg boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Deleted

1. mangle 1x for combopoint(s) (rake if there's an arms warrior in the group)
    2. SR
    3. spam swipe till SR is almost out
    (4. when no energy for swipe, change target to the mob with highest hp and put faerie fire on it)
    5. go to 1

1: Gain 1 combopoint.
    2: Savage Roar.
    3: Berserk.
    4: Swipe.
    5: Listen as your 30k+ dps make my moonkin whine on vent about aoe dps. Moonkins need aoe dps buffs darn it, popping starfall + hurricane nets me a middle spot in dps on trash, in 10-man. Even our holypriest is doing as good, almost

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kzasch
    5: Listen as your 30k+ dps make my moonkin whine on vent about aoe dps. Moonkins need aoe dps buffs darn it, popping starfall + hurricane nets me a middle spot in dps on trash, in 10-man. Even our holypriest is doing as good, almost
    Really? Are you spec'd for Gale Winds? With 2 pc T10, Gale Winds, and Nibelung, moonkin AoE DPS is pretty amazing.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kzasch
    hell yeh my record is at 33K ^^ (and then i die of argo ofc)
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

mangle sr berzerk swipe swipe

arp trinket proc = 13k swipes!

oh god, what ate your screen

but yes, in all heroics and anything that has 3+ mobs, Combo point, -> SR -> Swipe, and just position yourself correctly for maximum cleave,
    Getting a DK to hysteria you like above is also good

Quote Originally Posted by alejandrisha
    I think I'm gonna be sick... that UI hurts...

Add DPS is important, often more important than Boss DPS. Trash DPS is not important. Worry more about killing things in the right order, and not pulling aggro and dying and slowing down the raid.

on any trash heres what you do.

In heroics use mangle once pop Savage roar and then just spam cat swipe on 3+ targets, if else use mangle-rake-shred to 5cp-FB always keep SR up

In raid trash mangle+SR+Berserk and enjoy your tops dps just watch your aggro, on bosses just use regular rotation, however if you know the bosses go down fast for example the stone boss in gun'drak use FB since the rip wont have full duration

Thanks to Stanton Biston for the amazing sig!

someone pooped crayons all over your UI m8.

It totally depends on the number of mobs and the expected time they'll stay alive, you really just need to be able to think on the fly. Here's what I do on different types of trash pulls, I may not be perfect since some are fairly situational but I'm fairly sure I'm correct on most of them.

1 mob that will die instantly - Mangle
    2+ mobs that will die instantly - Swipe
    1-2 mobs that will stay alive for approx the duration of rake - Mangle, SR, rake, shred til 5, FB.
    3+ mobs that will stay alive for approx duration of rake - Mangle, SR, spam swipe til death
    1 mob that will stay alive for a while (ie boss or large trash) - Normal dps rotation
    2-3 mobs that will stay alive for a while - Tab between them in order to maximise bleed uptimes (although swipe may beat tabbing at certain ArP levels for 3 targets, you'll have to test that yourself because I haven't checked since ulduar)
    4+ mobs for a while - Keep up SR and spam swipe.

Also as mentioned earlier, on large pulls the berserk-swipe-spam is a hugely effective tool. If you know there is going to be large aoe coming up (ie anub adds coming in or precious spawning adds), save your berserk for that (but be aware of your aggro, your dps is HUGE during this brief period).

15+ Year Old Account

meh mine still hit up to 10K only but it will be higher when i get a 264 weapon
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

That lock is doing something wrong. Seed alone should get him 40k dps.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Wow, Alejandrisha, I think your UI actually makes my soul hurt.

by Nicolette
    “You’ve got to be kidding me. I’ve been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It’s just common sense.”
    >This<

holy fuc% his ui makes my brain hurt
    Quote Originally Posted by 25165453757
    I am excite

I don't mind his UI, but that's probably because mine is just as messy. Probably worse.

haha yea my ui is pretty scrub but it does what i need it to do. i have macros for brez and innervate on the ones i need to most often so i won't be bothered spending 15 mins setting up grid

haha yea my ui is pretty scrub but it does what i need it to do. i have macros for brez and innervate on the ones i need to most often so i won't be bothered spending 15 mins setting up grid
    UI scale: Use it
    Screen resolution: Raise it