Thread: resto shaman

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

resto shaman

Hi

My shaman just dinged 80 and I want to heal heroics. But for what should I aim. I did a FoS normal run and had only trouble with AoE. My chain heal just doesn't heal enough and also is fast enough.

So what are the treshold stats for a shaman before doing heroics.
    Main shaman: Shaman Alt Paladin: Paladin
    Alt lvl 73 mage: Mage Alt lvl 70 Death knight: Death Knight
    Random dungeon project: Druid Battleground project: Rogue
    Worgen project: Warlock Future alt: Hunter

Re: resto shaman

Haste gem every socket you have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    GoD isn't so great for unholy
    Quote Originally Posted by HoX
    i dont understamd ???

fresh 80's SHOULD NOT be gemming haste. you need the spell power to support gemming haste first.

yes, chain heal is slow off the start. don't rely solely on it though. a riptide+LHW/HW 'rotation'(if you will) is powerful in itself.

I wouldn't suggest spamming chain heal. Hit the tank with Earth Shield and make sure it doesn't go down and then spam lesser healing wave with riptide when it's off of cooldown. Chain heal should be reserved for melee heavy groups when party damage is high. With only 5 people in a heroic, you can't guarantee people are grouped together for chain heal to be beneficial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahte View Post
    You're not supposed to catch Missingno.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dreizehn
    fresh 80's SHOULD NOT be gemming haste.
    Someone didn't do their homework I see.

10+ Year Old Account

Go here and read up on it http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-sh...faq-%283-2%29/ this is where you get all your info and help.
    Thrall for Warchief 2020!

Deleted

As said, in 5mans chain heal generally is not the heal of choice. Unless you have the hast to surrport it. Focus on keeping up earth shield on the tank then riptide/lhw to heal people up. Only use chain heal if you know you can get the heal off in time. Also healing stream totem is brilliant in 5mans.
    About stats and such, have a look at the FAQ

Key Words to google.

Shaman Resto gear guide wotlk.

Shaman Resto healing guide wotlk.

Hey-presto you've got yourself a guide.

No but really L2 www.google.com
    walls o' textual eyerape
    IT'S ALL FUN AND GAMES UNTIL SOMEONE LOSES THEIR ANAL VIRGINITY

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

I wanted to make topic but i would post here.

My 3rd alt is getting near lvl 80 and i wanted to ask,can i start immidiately start healing heroics (i got green/blue spell power gear) or i need to do few heroics as DPS?

And one more question.I raped google but i couldnt find any updated list of what should i buy with emblems (what order).If anyone would be able to write me something,i would be thankfull.

P.S Sorry for bad english.

Quote Originally Posted by Palcica
    I wanted to make topic but i would post here.

My 3rd alt is getting near lvl 80 and i wanted to ask,can i start immidiately start healing heroics (i got green/blue spell power gear) or i need to do few heroics as DPS?

And one more question.I raped google but i couldnt find any updated list of what should i buy with emblems (what order).If anyone would be able to write me something,i would be thankfull.

P.S Sorry for bad english.
    You cant have a order what you buy it all depends on what your gear is if thers a upgrade buy it. And the guy saying u cant chainheal in heroics say that to my 80% chainheal then like 10 10 es riptide

its possible to chain heal in heroics just a lot more viable to lhw/ES/riptide

Here are some tip's that I use healing heroics...

1. HoR - Generally Tank and DPS and Me are all bunched in one of the room's so chain heal is viable for how much damage goes out.

2. 5 man ToC - 3rd phase with the constant AoE ticks from the Black Knight if the whole group is stacked on you, you chain heal yourself and let it splash to everyone else. (Also for heroics Glyph of Chain Heal is amazing)

3. Melee Heavy Groups - It's simple..people take damage including the tank or not including the tank depends where your chain heal hits whether its the DPS at 50% with the tank at 90% or the tank at 90% and the dps at 50%.

Other then those 3 its really your discretion. If I am in a Caster heavy group I always make sure to sit on casters just incase I have to chain heal us.

As for stats and what not.. Some thing you can ask yourself..

1. Is my Mana maintained during fights or am I going OOM?

Answer: If your OOMing Gem INT early on for the increased Mana pool and spell power coefficient. If your not OOMing in fights gem some haste but test it out because the more haste you have some people tend to use more mana because your spamming heals at a much faster rate. Find your sweet spot.

Assuming your a FRESH 80 with no 232 or badge gear or crafted items your gemming will be very slack because not everything at 80 includes a gem socket. Test things out for yourself gem/enchant differently to find what feels good for you and your play style. But DONT gem Spellpower. If you need that then definitely choose Int>Spellpower for your Spellpower Coefficient because then your mana pool enlarges and so does your spell power.

Quote Originally Posted by kiluuar
    Go here and read up on it http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-sh...faq-%283-2%29/ this is where you get all your info and help.
    Dont want to be a ass, but that link didn't answer my question. I read that tons of times and also read some stuff on elitesjerks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eel
    You either quoted wrong post or you just horribly failed at even showing for the class.

For OP, the guidance maintained by Pearroc also shortly mentioned what should be the starting/balanced stats to start stacking one stat, in resto shaman case it will be haste.
    To put some number behind words, my idea (pulled out of my backside so dont quote me on that) for haste stacking would be:
    2000 SP minimum, 18k mana, 25% crit
    I would still go after beneficial bonuses in red gem sockets(either SP or haste). Yellow sockets should be 20 haste rating. Blue socket just one 12Sp/5mp5 for meta requirement rest will either 23 SP unless you feel comfortable with your LHW keeping tank up else 20 haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Eel
    yes, i've done plenty of 'homework'.

he's a fresh 80, running around with ~2100sp(being generous). you can stack all the haste you want, but it's not going to do any good if your LHW is hitting for ~4500(just an estimate).

i'm not stating that what i'm saying is fact and all else is wrong. there just has to be a balance between the 2. IMO(see what i did there) haste stacking wouldn't be that beneficial until the 2600sp range, and that's on the low side.

either way, like has already been stated. some ES/Riptide/LHW love works perfectly fine in heroics. not saying don't ever use CH, but make it your secret weapon. use it when you know it will be most beneficial.

ps. there really isn't a resto shaman BIS list. there's some guides and EJ has a list but all in all it depends on your healing style. just find what works best for you and go with it

Deleted

As this is a question that comes up alot, ill add some information to the FAQ about pre-raiding stats and such. As said, its all about balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron01
    You either quoted wrong post or you just horribly failed at even showing for the class.

For OP, the guidance maintained by Pearroc also shortly mentioned what should be the starting/balanced stats to start stacking one stat, in resto shaman case it will be haste.
    To put some number behind words, my idea (pulled out of my backside so dont quote me on that) for haste stacking would be:
    2000 SP minimum, 18k mana, 25% crit
    I would still go after beneficial bonuses in red gem sockets(either SP or haste). Yellow sockets should be 20 haste rating. Blue socket just one 12Sp/5mp5 for meta requirement rest will either 23 SP unless you feel comfortable with your LHW keeping tank up else 20 haste.
    I love you man <3
    Finally the answer I was looking for

yeah don't stack haste until you're at least in mostly 232 gear. And if you start gemming haste, and you find yourself running oom, swap in some int gems.
    Sanctøs, the Violet Guardian and Lord of Blackrock
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%C3%B8s/simple

My shaman just dinged 80 and I want to heal heroics. But for what should I aim. I did a FoS normal run and had only trouble with AoE. My chain heal just doesn't heal enough and also is fast enough.

So what are the treshold stats for a shaman before doing heroics.
    You should aim for epic gear from emblem purchases (ilvl 200-226), crafting (ilvl 200,226,232,245) if you can afford the materials. You should also run as many of the daily dungeons as possible to obtain as many emblems as you can. You should join a guild and run 10-man raids (or pug them if you have too)...raiding is the best and easiest way to gear your character.

I do not usually recommend certain stats, but rather certain gear to begin heroics. I recommend having at least 90% of your gear be blues of item level 200 or better. This should put you around 2000sp and 25% crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Palcica

You should be able to start running heroics with ease. Running the same heroic over and over again (I prefer HoS and DTK) can help you hone your new healing skills and get you used to healing different classes in different situations.

Your emblems should get you your 2-piece set bonus first (shoulders, chest)...generally go for the pieces that cost the most amount of emblems first. There is a reason they cost more! Get your trinkets next, helm, back, rings, then the rest. When I went from 8.5 to t9 I went chest, shoulder, trinket, back, trinket, helm, bracers, gloves, ring...etc. So long as your character's overall gear score increases as you go along. In other words, replace your lowest piece of gear first (but obtain tier bonuses first).
    An enhancement shaman is a fierce opponent, a primeval force of nature. He will assail you with the elements. His blades are like unto a fiery whirlwind. You will be electrocuted and burned. As he begets his lust for blood and summons two guardian spirits whose claws and fangs will gnash and tear your limbs from your body, your spirit will rise aloft from your unrecognizable remains, he will pause for a moment and pay his respects to your spirit by threateningly locking eyes with your soul.

I offer different view compared to above poster for your consideration.

If you are fresh lvl 80 healer, with little experience in healing, I would suggest to pick few normal dungeons to get accustomed to new prospective. Do some research and find out where resto mail gear drops, also dont be afraid to snatch cloth in case nobody wants it. Run few TOC normals at the end of your normal runs, it has some nice items. Once you are happy with your healing habits and maybe got some gear from few normal runs, go rob AH. I have bought cheap blue: mail head, mail gloves & bracers.

Start with easy heroics, definitely skip HOS as it has some nasty parts that might swiftly kick you in the nuts.
    Instances of choice should be:
    VH - snore fest, no issue should be experienced at all
    UK - watch out for the start, those mobs stun. Ask party to kill ice tombs on first boss else you might get into trouble
    DTK - use tremor where needed and you should be fine, Dredd will be joke
    Nexus - perfect instance for starting characters
    COT - good instance, lots of badges for gear. Watch out for poison on tank, dispel asap. Gauntlet will challenge you if tank is careless

When you run few HCs, get some badge gear. I prefer to go after shoulders and hands first as they cost less and grant you quick 2-piece bonus. This is point in time when you should do another research where your upgrades drop. You should be done with the initial random HC rush to get fast badges, focus on getting your weak slots sorted.
    Crafted items (ilvl 226 & 245) are good choice f you have resources to fund them. Depending on how serious you are, you can go with mail items or go for better itemized cloths. Cloth bracers are perfect for shaman, although, there is nothing wrong with mail ones. Shoes are other option to craft since there are no good ones to be bought from badges, consider this if you are unlucky with drops from new ICC 5-man HCs.

Past this point, you should be gemming according the guide posted on these forums: red sockets with 12SP/10haste, yellow with 20 haste, blue just one 12sp/5mp5 and the rest with either full haste, sp, or combination of those based on your experience.