Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Let's apply a bit of logic...

Stormwind is pretty well fortified and has a nice defensive location. It should be atleast a little shaken when the cataclysm hits, considering Orgrimmar is basically becoming a new city.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

15+ Year Old Account

We all know he could,but it wont hit Stormwind or westfall. we are all aware that Old Blanchy is core to the game

10+ Year Old Account

If logic applied to WoW then murlocs wouldn't drop axes twice their size, and brains/other body parts that are vital to living would be a 100% drop rate.
    Thats why I hate westfall. I don't understand how so many goretusks can live without livers..
    "No we. No one tells me what to do. I've got everything I need from you -- now the power is mine and mine alone. Now there is only I. I am the Lich King. And I am ready."

the sad truth of the matter is that Deathwing is mearly a plot device in the larger story of World of Warcraft the game.

a means to an end.

they wanted to remake certain areas of the game, to use the knowledge they have gained since the game launched 5 years ago about what works well in an mmo to improve and "fix" those parts of the game world that they consider don't work very well and they would do differently if they were making the game today.

so they had a think, remembered they had Deathwing lying around in the lore and he could move mountains etc, etc, etc and came up with a plot that would allow them to carry out loads of improvements and changes to zones and areas they consider "broken" while at the same time being able to fit the rational for those sweeping changes into the storyline of the game.

there are video interviews out there on the web at the moment where the developers say almost exactly this (in various round about ways ofc)

many people seem to be assuming Deathwing causing the Cataclysm was the orginal creative idea and it could cause any myriad of possible sweeping changes.

these people are putting the cart before the horse.

Blizzard knew exactly what areas of the game they wanted to address well before they even came up with the idea of employing Deathwing as the catalyst, or "excuse", for the changes.

in short they aren't going to destroy Stormwind or Ironforge because those places aren't "broken" and if it ain't broke you don't "fix" it.

it's not particually "fun" and some people many find it quite a "boring" explanation especially given it's really remedial work to the game hidden behind the perhaps more exciting guise of wanton destruction but it is the truth.
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

Quote Originally Posted by sleekit
    the sad truth of the matter is that Deathwing is mearly a plot device in the larger story of World of Warcraft the game.

a means to an end.

they wanted to remake certain areas of the game, to use the knowledge they have gained since the game launched 5 years ago about what works well in an mmo to improve and "fix" those parts of the game world that they consider don't work very well and they would do differently if they were making the game today.

so they had a think, remembered they had Deathwing lying around in the lore and he could move mountains etc, etc, etc and came up with a plot that would allow them to carry out loads of improvements and changes to zones and areas they consider "broken" while at the same time being able to fit the rational for those sweeping changes into the storyline of the game.

there are video interviews out there on the web at the moment where the developers say almost exactly this (in various round about ways ofc)

many people seem to be assuming Deathwing causing the Cataclysm was the orginal creative idea and it could cause any myriad of possible sweeping changes.

these people are putting the cart before the horse.

Blizzard knew exactly what areas of the game they wanted to address well before they even came up with the idea of employing Deathwing as the catalyst, or "excuse", for the changes.

in short they aren't going to destroy Stormwind or Ironforge because those places aren't "broken" and if it ain't broke you don't "fix" it.

it's not particually "fun" and some people many find it quite a "boring" explanation especially given it's really remedial work to the game hidden behind the perhaps more exciting guise of wanton destruction but it is the truth.
    My hat is off to you good sir.

Quote Originally Posted by godofslack
    Logic is an constant. You are saying that a change in variables results in a change of formula. Logic is still logical even with dragons/magic.
    An constant.

You guys, none of this matters... everyone knows all the Pallys are gonna come together and combine their magic to make giant bubbles over the cities. end of thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus2089
    This game is applied with its own logic not the logic from the real world that you keep trying to apply to it
    That was kind of his point. You can apply logic to WoW, but not real-life physics laws.