Poll: If Blizzard offered you the chance to port your Character(s) to another WoW, with the same terms as

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: If... would you?

Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric
    I bet you don't even know what an elitist is Anotherpaladin, losing the elitists is a hell of a lot more damaging to the community than a handful of subscriptions.
    Things aren't that black and white, though.

Scrubs and elitists aren't the only players. There's a MASSIVE grey area. Losing elitist still leaves the good players that aren't jackasses, among others.

It must be strange living in your simple world.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac
    Things aren't that black and white, though.

Scrubs and elitists aren't the only players. There's a MASSIVE grey area. Losing elitist still leaves the good players that aren't jackasses, among others.

It must be strange living in your simple world.
    it must be strange living in your narrow minded ungrateful one. The addons you install, the spreadsheets (eh you probably don't spreadsheet) the guides you read, the gear list you follow the content you raid all tested mapped out and contributed to by your neighborhood elitist thinktank. You're attaching a stigma to the elitist tag, elitists are nothing more than people endlessly seeking out perfection and approaching that utopia in a clean methodical numbered approach.

Nah, if things got too grindy I'd quit.

It's a game, not a job.

OP

I have to ask whether or not you played the original WoW? It seriously was not fun. I raided through BWL while that was still new and was a hardcore raider back then and it seriously wasn't fun having to farm for consumables and such just to be good on the DPS meters.

There are plenty of other grindy MMORPGs out there, pick another one and go with it. I can even steer you in the right direction, pick any title made by the Koreans :P

Quote Originally Posted by Izhara
    As a former Vanilla tank, I can safely say Blizzard could offer me a free lapdance from Jaina Proudmoore, Sylvanas, Tyrande, AND Liadrin and I'd still tell them I'll stick with the current WoW.
    What if you got one from humanoid Alexstrazja as well?

no, i like where they're going. i might actually SEE the lich king fight, unlike illidan. : (still haven't seen him, BT is serious business)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Anyone else find it funny that so many people on these forums praise vanilla and think WotLK is the worst thing for WoW...and yet i see the "Current WoW" winning the polls.

Quote Originally Posted by Xikem
    Anyone else find it funny that so many people on these forums praise vanilla and think WotLK is the worst thing for WoW...and yet i see the "Current WoW" winning the polls.
    Because nobody who likes WoW as it is bothers posting about how awesome WoW is, however the outspoken people who would love for Vanilla to come back do. Nobody ever posts when things are good, only the bad is pointed out :P

Deleted

it must be strange living in your narrow minded ungrateful one. The addons you install, the spreadsheets (eh you probably don't spreadsheet) the guides you read, the gear list you follow the content you raid all tested mapped out and contributed to by your neighborhood elitist thinktank. You're attaching a stigma to the elitist tag, elitists are nothing more than people endlessly seeking out perfection and approaching that utopia in a clean methodical numbered approach.
    Do you know that there's another world out there?

edit: Anyone who blindly follows any of these 'adds' you speak off is just retarded. You do know that casuals... HAVE a brain!? I know I know, whole revelation there. But seriously, elitist are the worst thing that happened to WoW, being unique is impossible because of people who have to min max everything and even then are upset by their performance. The game is for fun and sure trying to get the best out of your character is important but the moment you take it to the lengths some of these people do..... yeah, there's another world out there.

Since when do we have a pure healing class?

15+ Year Old Account

It's quite interesting, your accusation. You call me narrow minded and ungrateful, when all you're doing is reflecting yourself by doing so. By making assumptions that I "don't spreadsheet" and don't understand the elitist quality of people in general, you're being extremely counter-productive to your own cause.

I'm not attaching a stigma to anything, as I don't have a problem with elitism. My problem lies with that you think there exists only two possibilities: bads or elitists. I'm unsure whether you're calling all people who research elitist, or you're just that stupid. You don't have to be elitist to know what you're doing in the game. In this context, the term "elitist" is referring to all of the self-righteous jackasses who think it's their way or no way. Once again, it's so easy to be black and white, isn't it?

I believe the correct term for the people you are referring to is: knowledgeable.

I like the current gear system. Noobs shouldn't get better gear because they call themselves "hardcore" and play all the time. Now, I'm not bashing guys with skill that raid alot. Just the noobs that barely finished BT raiding 5 nights a week and generally sucking their way through TBC. Whining now that they can't outgrind casuals.

Great gear is awarded through a hard-mode system, this is as it should be.

Wait, why the HELL were there two comedy options?

Quote Originally Posted by frostbiten
    Wait, why the HELL were there two comedy options?
    Not one but TWO comedy options.

I been playing since the cap was 60. And this game has changed alot. So i think some things should take a grind to earn. Nothing beats working hard to truly earn something. But I think they need to make it where things become BOA when you reach the top reputation. It's nice to earn it, but you'll die if you try to do it with your alts.

I'm not sure you understand the concept of elitist.

The site may be titled elitist jerks, but considering that they freely share that information with the whole world so that others can learn and improve and do not use the spreadsheets, BiS lists, guides, etc to show that they are superior to everyone else kind of shows that the name is a tongue in cheek joke.

A perfectionist or a good player are not necessarily elitist. If they strutted around all day claiming superiority because of the knowledge, that would be elitism.
    -----+-- [Thaddius] ++++++++

Just because you are unique, does not mean you are right.
    Ðoser of Illidan

15+ Year Old Account

I don't think YOU remember C'thun before the nerf actually I am absolutely certain of it.
    I do I do!

Was the only fight that made me cry after a week =(

A perfectionist or a good player are not necessarily elitist. If they strutted around all day claiming superiority because of the knowledge, that would be elitism.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elitism

"Elitism is the belief or attitude that those individuals who are considered members of the elite — a select group of people with outstanding personal abilities, intellect, wealth, specialized training or experience, or other distinctive attributes — are those whose views on a matter are to be taken the most seriously or carry the most weight or those who view their own views as so;"

Yet another poster who thinks grind and difficulty are the same thing.

"Elitism is the belief or attitude that those individuals who are considered members of the elite — a select group of people with outstanding personal abilities, intellect, wealth, specialized training or experience, or other distinctive attributes — are those whose views on a matter are to be taken the most seriously or carry the most weight or those who view their own views as so;"
    No. When your doctor thinks he knows what's good for you (or wrong with you) because he practiced for 20 years he is not an elitist. He is, though, if he believes this knowledge should grant him special rights.

15+ Year Old Account

I don't even understand what the hell you're asking.
    To another WoW..?
    ???

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE