Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Hunters out-threat me.

Mages do too on occasion. Does anyone have an explanation for this? Are they just managing their threat? It may also be that I'm under-geared, or that they're pulling +6k DPS. But The real point of this topic I guess, is what could I improve to improve my threat? Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...hi%C3%A8ldwall
    Yi li lao shu shi, huai le yi guo zhou.
    Translation: A tiny piece of mouse dropping ruins the entire pot of soup.
    Translation Translation: Don't fuck up my Immortal run.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Hunters out-threat me.

Put up Righteous Fury.
    If RF is up, use the 96969 rotation better.
    If you are doing both those things tell those moronic Hunters to use one GCD every 30 seconds to feign and have the Mages invis or use Salv on them

Quote Originally Posted by conscript
    Put up Righteous Fury.
    If you are doing both those things tell those moronic Hunters to use one GCD every 30 seconds to feign and have the Mages invis or use Salv on them
    This. + get a namechange. I hate seeing ppl with names like that.
    I am more than a fish, I am more than a man! I am...Some sort of cat, cuddlier than men, and they friggin EAT fish!

On 5 mans, its totally normal for 6k dps to pull aggro, espically if its single target. On raids it shouldn't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript
    Put up Righteous Fury.
    I've done everything but the 'telling them to FD/invis/salv them' thing. I guess I'll try telling them that. :P

I just faction changed by the way, Fishman. I changed my name too, it just hasn't taken affect.

Just tell them to feign... Hunters are always top 3 classes in threat, but that's because they don't have the best threat reduction talents but they have the best threat reduction ability which is called feign death and it is on a 30 sec cd... pass on the news to the hunters which are giving you problems...

If it's a 5 man heroic thing then you're undergeared or need to check your rotation but it does happen that a dps sometimes pulls on huge aoe pulls... However by the time they are in danger of dying the mobs should be dead.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

There's 4 reason a Hunter could out-threat you.
    1. The Hunter is an idiot and uses Distracting Shot
    2. The Hunter is an idiot and does not Misdirect.
    3. The Hunter is an idiot and does not Feign Death.
    4. You are a terrible Tank

Hunters are a very threat-heavy class. If they aren't using MD and FD, then they will out-threat virtually any tank. That is the reason those threat-management abilities exist, so if they aren't using them, let 'em die!

Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    Just tell them to feign... Hunters are always top 3 classes in threat, but that's because they don't have the best threat reduction talents but they have the best threat reduction ability which is called feign death and it is on a 30 sec cd... pass on the news to the hunters which are giving you problems...

If it's a 5 man heroic thing then you're undergeared or need to check your rotation but it does happen that a dps sometimes pulls on huge aoe pulls... However by the time they are in danger of dying the mobs should be dead.
    It never happens in 5mans. Plus, this was only a 10man, so I didn't have as many buffs to my threat as I would in a 25man I guess.

As people have said, they need to fd/md. Hunters and mages are the biggest threat mongers. Since these are your 2 classes catching you I assume it's them and not a tps issue
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Varhgon
    It never happens in 5mans. Plus, this was only a 10man, so I didn't have as many buffs to my threat as I would in a 25man I guess.
    Hunters should never have threat problems on boss fights... On trash and 5 mans I could understand since they are high burst and overall dps and the fights are short so using feign is kinda pointless since it won't be up all the time but still...
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Deleted

I have more trouble in 5 mans than in raids though, never a problem in raid. But instances they tend to do it alot, but I'm also rushing and not always playing as good as I could, I do have HoP and HoSalv macroed and keybound, and overnuking hunters get salv, mages and elemental shamans get prot

You could use Libram of Valiance or Libram of the Sacred Shield as threat alternatives, or ask just the hunters to stop being bad. Yes there threat is nuts but they have 2 abilities to handle it

Well, how much TPS would you guys say is a good amoutn for somebody of my gear level?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.

Yea I just picked up my hunter recently and I've noticed I pull A TON of TPS. I use MD every time it's up and Feign Death when it's on CD. Sometimes I have neither and have to kite it, but I think I've only done that once. I hate pulling aggro.

Well, how much TPS would you guys say is a good amoutn for somebody of my gear level?
    It varies greatly with group comp, abilities, rotation, boss fight, etc but I would say 5k would be min for single target threat, regardless of the situation (5 man or raid).

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Xuany
    Yea I just picked up my hunter recently and I've noticed I pull A TON of TPS. I use MD every time it's up and Feign Death when it's on CD. Sometimes I have neither and have to kite it, but I think I've only done that once. I hate pulling aggro.
    you know when your agro is too high there is a fonction called : stop attacking, i know its hard..

Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    It varies greatly with group comp, abilities, rotation, boss fight, etc but I would say 5k would be min for single target threat, regardless of the situation (5 man or raid).
    Well I was pulling between 5k and ?? on Omen. Could someone explain to me what ?? on Omen means by the way?

Well I was pulling between 5k and ?? on Omen. Could someone explain to me what ?? on Omen means by the way?
    That's just when it hasn't had sufficient time or data to calculate your current threat. In an exceedingly short timespan, threat can also be uncalculably high for a fraction of a second; it's the same thing for DPS, and sometimes for a split second on recount you can catch it telling you you're doing 50k dps or something at the very start of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    That's just when it hasn't had sufficient time or data to calculate your current threat. In an exceedingly short timespan, threat can also be uncalculably high for a fraction of a second; it's the same thing for DPS, and sometimes for a split second on recount you can catch it telling you you're doing 50k dps or something at the very start of the fight.
    Oh, then I was probably just pulling between 5-6k.