10+ Year Old Account

Re: Wacraft (2013) info & things related

i wanted a warcraft 1 movie

well least bolvars back from the dead and burned.... sorta

2013? It was 2011 before! Damn.

15+ Year Old Account

In a recent interview (I'll look it up if need be) Metzen said they are still working on what the script will be about.

So it's still in a pre-script phase, might take a bit to make :P

I just hope they don't listen to some marketing guy telling them "what people want to see". They could do something crazy, like, add... a story twist that not everybody saw coming! Or... a character that's not entirely clichéd! If Chris Metzen has a say in it, why, they actually might.

yeah seeing how the famed ghostcrawler and all have says in it and are over looking it

I'm hoping it will turn out good, and I laughed when that Boll guy wanted to take a crack at it and blizzard said HELL NO!!!!!!!!!! and laughed at him

Quote Originally Posted by Serenais View Post
    Well, Legendary Pictures did make quite a few very good films, therefore I believe in the quality of the picture... Sam Raimi as the director, though, that rises some worries. I think that the best for the film would be setting it to be somewhat alike to Gladiator. And, yes, Ridley Scott as the director...
    Well, I can wish.
    A movie about ToC, /cheer, I'll get to laugh as many men die to the 'challenges' we one shot without dying on heroic :P.

I would want to see the movie be War of the Ancients.

I am pretty sure that if the warcraft movie is a complete big budget special effects money pile with no plot and is untrue to the basic story line that there will be a massive online shitstorm of epic proportions the likes of which we cannot predict. just think of all the nerd rage. the warcraft movie has to be all kinds of epic. they do not have a choice

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow, that was a pretty good interview, besides the "4:40 – Will the movie just take place in the World of Warcraft or will people be in the real world. Says it is ALL in the World of Warcraft" question. And he doesnt power level guys, he's spent all that time leveling to level 72, but then again he doesn't have all BoA gear but props to the guy for playing though , anyway. You heard it right there in that interview guys, "there's so many characters in the game, we're trying to touch up on the most exciting characters...it really is a world, there's so many characters and professions, i don't think we can touch up on all of them" So dear god do not QQ, once the movie comes out, "omg they didn't have such and such" /beg

i wonder if his lvl 72 is a DK. i'd give him a lot of credit for really lvling a toon from 1-72 but i have a feeling he rolled a DK for the lvl 72. can't see someone that important really going thru all of the monotony and overkill of lvling, and then pretending it was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Spurmwhale View Post
    i wonder if his lvl 72 is a DK. i'd give him a lot of credit for really lvling a toon from 1-72 but i have a feeling he rolled a DK for the lvl 72. can't see someone that important really going thru all of the monotony and overkill of lvling, and then pretending it was fun.
    You do need to get a level 55 before you can create a Death Knight ><

I sure as hell hope he dismisses that "Will it focus on the real world players" crap. Because when I am going to see a Warcraft movie, I want to see something epic happening in Azeroth.

I don't want to see a nerd who lives in a basement having to go AFK to take out the garbage in the climax of the movie (worked Great in Galaxy Quest movie however (But that was a comedy).

Quote Originally Posted by Ashyeha View Post
    You do need to get a level 55 before you can create a Death Knight ><
    pretty sure Blizz would bend rules for the guy that's directing their movie, but I doubt he would do that for authenticity's sake.

Thankfully it'll be all in world.
    It'd be more like a documentary,
    I would think, if it had an "out of game" element.

Quote Originally Posted by Spurmwhale View Post
    He never said he leveled 1-72. He said he had a level 72 DK.

Quote Originally Posted by getefix View Post
    pretty sure Blizz would bend rules for the guy that's directing their movie, but I doubt he would do that for authenticity's sake.
    No. They wouldn't create 55 levels just for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well hello, thread.

On topic however: I really cannot wait for this to be released, not just primarily for the sake of watching it, but just to see how well they pull it off (or not).

I no doubt won't come away feeling like it was terrible, as it contains some of the "heros" we all know and love.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

Deleted
    It's going to be from an Alliance perspective (most likely a Human aswell) and the Horde will be depicted as evil because the so called ''cool'' part of civilisation can't handle more thought through stories other than ''good'' and ''evil'' including the humans as ''good'', Also the movie will be liked but will get bad reviews from the ''cool'' part of society because it involves Warcraft and Warcraft has become known as ''nerdy'' because the ''cool'' groups are too stuck up to even try new stuff and think for themselves.

But hey, that's just my opinion.

Also it will have Leroy Jenkins in it.