Thread: [Music] Metal

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Snip
    Epic eargasm.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    oh this is the shit !

Quote Originally Posted by Kreyzor View Post
    This. As someone who isn't fond of slam at all, this album is surprisingly good.

Cool songs, good riffs. HORRIBLE vocals. Fucking learn to growl properly, cus that was just sad.

Also, that production/mixing is the main reason why I generally hate moden Metal. My old practice amp sounds way better than that guitar, seriously.

1991, and much better production than any modern Death Metal imo (Better as in, not overproduced, no shitty drum or guitars, but still more than clear enough to hear everything that's going on)

Awesome Death Metal, very essential album!
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Also, that production/mixing is the main reason why I generally hate moden Metal. My old practice amp sounds way better than that guitar, seriously.
    Even though they seem to be a "not for metalheads" band, Opeth has consisently been one of the best-produced Metal bands. 2001's Blackwater Park sounds like you're in the studio listening to them jam out. Another great would have to be Y.O.B.

So goddamn organic. Probably my favorite in the production-line would have to be ISIS:

Haven't heard a bass that clear and emotive since ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Another great would have to be Y.O.B.
    Definitely agree, Catharsis is one of my favorite doom albums. It feels like you're right there.

10+ Year Old Account
    A documentary made for tenth anniversary of main underground organisers in Ljubljana. Showing some love to the guys that make it all happen!

Turn on CC for English subtitles
    Delu čast in oblast!
    Praise the work and give it power!

10+ Year Old Account

A M A Z I N G

Why so much hate on Metalcore?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because most of it is fucking boring and a rehash of something that's been done a bazillion times before, generally better.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ascending View Post
    Why so much hate on Metalcore?
    Because instead of this:

Most Metalcore sounds like this:

Because instead of this:

This doesn't even really sound like metalcore. If it is, it's probably the first time I've actually enjoyed it.

Also the top comment on the 2nd video is something I've noticed before.... These bands really need to come up with some way more original way to take band pictures lmao, I swear it's like some secret code all metalcore bands must abide by

This doesn't even really sound like metalcore. If it is, it's probably the first time I've actually enjoyed it.
    Highly recommend it. Jane Doe is probably the best Metalcore album released. That and Botch's We Are the Romans are absolutely essential for all Metal fans, imo.

Deleted

Fuck!! I absolutely loved this band, but completly forgot about them!!!! At least I know what I'll listen to for the next week or so :P Gotta dust off old CDs, I believe it's still in my room...somewhere :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Because instead of this:

[converge]

Most Metalcore sounds like this:

[some generic band]
    You're so incredibly spot on. That's exactly it. Most of the stuff is bland as hell. Converge's Axe to Fall is awesome as well. There's more 'traditional' metalcore which doesn't suck though.

One of the very first metalcore songs:

--

Now for something different. Made a rough draft of a new song. We're gonna try for a split 7" with another band around December with this track (recorded properly, rather than through a stompbox... so warning: the guitarsound is extremely digital).

Last edited by Duilliath; 2012-06-23 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primus82 View Post
    Fuck!! I absolutely loved this band, but completly forgot about them!!!! At least I know what I'll listen to for the next week or so :P Gotta dust off old CDs, I believe it's still in my room...somewhere :P
    And rightfully so, I've been almost exclusively listening to this album this week, it's pretty amazing

Shame this lineup gets dismissed by Sabbath purists. Tony Martin > Ozzy

10+ Year Old Account
    Your guinea pig > Ozzy.

Sabbath has had some remarkable vocalists, but Ozzy ain't one of them. That said, I prefer Dio (small wonder, right?).

Deleted

I like the drums on this a lot.