Thread: [Music] Metal

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't like the Thy Catafalque album, thought it much worse than the previous album.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea how I feel about this Thy Catafalque.

Didn't particularly like previous outings, but this one's so far out of it that I haven't quite decided yet after a single listen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    That was awesome, I thought you disliked thrash?

10+ Year Old Account

Obligatory Riot V plug. BRB going back to listen to Thundersteel.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Deleted
    Yo, Check this out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    I'd like to post this on the God of War thread but anyway, anyone else picked up this album (Therion - Secret of the Runes) again just because that game? I certainly did, still amazed how great album it still is after all these years. Sure, it might have been about 10 years since I previously listened to it, but used to listen it a lot when it was brand new in 2001..
    I love the old Therion stuff, especially Vovin is an awesome album. Didn't much care for their newer releases though. Especially, their newest was kinda meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vovin already is too modern Therion for me :P

Death Metal Therion Best Therion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Didn't like the Thy Catafalque album, thought it much worse than the previous album.
    It's definitely not as good. As someone who likes a lot of the classical instruments I'm not hating it, but I can only find a few moments on the album that I'd consider "good" or particularly inspired. Could have probably used a little more time in the oven?

Edit: As an aside, Ishahn's new album released as well...there's a few good songs in it, but overall falls a bit short of his last (Arktis). I feel like my anticipated albums this year are under-performing! I hope Khemmis knocks it out next month.

- - - Updated - - -

Love vids with no BS, just the musicians playing their instruments, it's a lot of fun to watch
    Last edited by daem; 2018-05-10 at 10:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

The AAAAAAAAAAAAA vocals are baaaaaaaaaaack.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is godtier, I agree.

Deleted
    recently discovered these guys and been listening to them nonstop since, they fast became my new favorite band

10+ Year Old Account
    The question is how these run of the mill metalcore bands that come out of nowhere and fizzle out in a year or two get that much coverage and clicks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have come to really have a dislike for Urfaust. Not so much the music, as the fact that I just loathe how much of a marketing machine is sitting behind it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just that Jimmy Blitzer is nothing but a walking advertising machine. Makes the whole thing feel so bloody fake.

10+ Year Old Account

So erm yea, I quite like it. And wtf is that Crystal Lake, it doesn't look like metal. I'm afraid to even press play on that youtube video.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by daem View Post
    Edit: As an aside, Ishahn's new album released as well...there's a few good songs in it, but overall falls a bit short of his last (Arktis). I feel like my anticipated albums this year are under-performing! I hope Khemmis knocks it out next month.
    Yeah I think the Ihsahn album is definitely better than most of the stuff he has released before it. It has some decent tracks. I also feel like most albums this year have been quite meh. I'm hoping Uada and Khemmis won't be letdowns. So far Visigoth remains my favorite album this year, and it's freaking heavy metal!

I like that new Immortal quite a lot, but it doesn't sound the same without Abbath

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mybackhurts View Post
    I like that new Immortal quite a lot, but it doesn't sound the same without Abbath
    It reminds me a bit of Blizzard Beasts for some reason. I like that it's a bit more relentless.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've actually been thinking that this year has been quite good so far. Weird, I know.

As far as metal and, by extension, hardcore go Slugdge, Thy Catafalque, The Armed, Ascension, Deszcz and Howling Sycamore all came out with great albums, though I don't think any of those are something you'd enjoy, unfortunately.

On an unrelated note, the new At the Gates was awful. As expected. I wish they would've known better than to reunite and keep going after that.
    I liked the Howling Sycamore album, but Thy Catafalque wasn't really good. Slugdge really isn't my type of metal. The others I've not listened to, and I don't think At the Gates has made anything worth listening to in ages, so I've not bothered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    I liked the Howling Sycamore album, but Thy Catafalque wasn't really good. Slugdge really isn't my type of metal. The others I've not listened to, and I don't think At the Gates has made anything worth listening to in ages, so I've not bothered.
    The previous ATG was a solid 7.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    The previous ATG was a solid 7.
    So you're saying it's better than In Flames, and I actually should bother?