Thread: [Music] Metal

Deleted

I love this fucking album.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmen View Post

I love this fucking album.
    One of my favorite NYCDM bands they later turned into a band called Banished, check them out. This band and Suffocation and Pyrexia were the early workings of slam death metal FYI. http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Banished/3090
    Adam: Lookin straight grizzly.
    Blake: Bitch betta have my honey.

On an only somewhat related note: Ithyphallic came out over 4 years ago.

What the hell, I can still remember eagerly awaiting its release after I got hooked on Annihilation.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    On an only somewhat related note: Ithyphallic came out over 4 years ago.

What the hell, I can still remember eagerly awaiting its release after I got hooked on Annihilation.
    Those Whom The Gods Detest came out 2 years ago and it feels like forever ago which sucks.
    Adam: Lookin straight grizzly.
    Blake: Bitch betta have my honey.

ALways have been a metal lover, first metal piece ive heard was Accept - Fast as a Shark, after that all i could get my hands on, all based on the same style came for Accept and passing by more "peppy" King Diamond or even W.A.S.P., then i got my brain in order and gone to Iron Maiden, then i turned into more hard stuff, Kreator, Slayer, Voivod, Carcass, Naphalm Death, but Pantera was really the big deal, the last power metal band on the planet :P "when i channel my hate to productive i dont find it hard to impress", nuff said

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solonglonesome View Post
    Those Whom The Gods Detest came out 2 years ago and it feels like forever ago which sucks.
    Think the only track I really liked on that one was Kafir. I actually nearly fell asleep halfway through one of the tracks simply because of the drums.
    I seriously detest George's drumstyle.

Additionally, I feel Karl has gotten a bit more complacent. It's gotten a bit formulaic. As such I don't really have high hopes for an upcoming album.

//edit: Konishiwa: I remember hearing Fast as a Shark the first time when I was a wee lad... that intro shared the heck out of me. Don't much love Accept, but that track and a few others are pure classics.

Deleted
    Anyone into Pocupine Tree? Mastermind of Seven Wilson is about to release personal new record. Can't wait!
    IMO one of the most gifted musicians alive.

Disturbed
    A7X
    Slipknot

15+ Year Old Account
    sum atmospheric black

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbane View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt-RoSzsEKA

Tosin Abasi. Awesome 8-string guitarist. Really nice mix of low tones and speed.
    Omg, the low tones sound sick. I want to know what gear he is using. Also, his style sounds very unique, and it sounds really good. Nice find for me. Also, it seems he's using his thumb instead of a pick (If not, I can't see the pick :P). It looks like he's bending his thumb back 90 degrees. Hurts watching. I for one will choose a pick before my thumb any day.
    Last edited by mmocf128060ac7; 2011-08-25 at 11:48 AM.

Kamelot,First heard March of Mephisto when the video was released,being a huge Dimmu borgir fan i checked it out,fell in love.Been my fav band ever since.

Devin Townsend,been listining to him since id say early 2004 thanks to his main project at the time,Strapping young lad.Best musician living no doubt,has such a broad array of styles and genres he plays in.

Strapping young lad,Late 2003 started listining to their S.Y.L record,ground breaking stuff.

Opeth,Smart metal for smart people,been listining to them since their Ghost Reveries album,best Progressive band ever and they damn sure deserve alot more respect than they get.

Gojira,First heard them on a Metal radio station,the song flying whales made me want to slam my head into a wall with its opening riff.Band has the most epic sound and Mario duplantier has to be one of the best metal drummers out there.

---------- Post added 2011-08-25 at 11:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zaraki View Post
    Disturbed
    A7X
    Slipknot
    BTW none of the above are Metal bands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doriath View Post

BTW none of the above are Metal bands.
    How so? Because you don't like them?

Quote Originally Posted by Shriekbat View Post
    How so? Because you don't like them?
    Partially true,but since when has disturbed been metal?Hard rock maybe but still been the same music since their first album.
    A7X doesnt deserve to be making music still really.Nothing ground breaking nor interesting,just music girls like cause they think the guys are hot and guys like it cause the girls like it and dont know beter so "Omg synester gates is the best geetarist ever"
    Slipknot=Nu metal...a band thats so full of themselves when they have no right to be.With a bunch of fans that are usually teenage kids trying to rebel.
    Last edited by Doriath; 2011-08-25 at 11:55 AM.

Deleted

Grom is easily one of my favorite albums. Would be nice to see them play more older stuff live.
    Last edited by mmoc2abd8d08e4; 2011-08-25 at 12:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thelema.6 for me. I know people that swear by Satanica as well. Pretty much all their old stuff is amusing, but I think they really got the balance between black and death right on Thelema and the production is just stunning. Still. Less of a fan of more recent releases, partially due to the fact that Adam decided to shove his vocals up extremely loud in the mix at times. That's not saying those are bad albums, but for me they don't come close to Thelema.

Slipknot / Disturbed , because they are actually pretty talented as far as my experience with metal goes. Not a hardcore fan, but I'd listen to Wait and Bleed over the shit on radio these days anytime.
    Lamb of God only because the guitarist is insanely good. The screaming, emo-as-fuck singer just can't hold my attention for long. The only song of theirs I ever listen to from start to finish is Laid to Rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doriath View Post
    Partially true,but since when has disturbed been metal?Hard rock maybe but still been the same music since their first album.
    A7X doesnt deserve to be making music still really.Nothing ground breaking nor interesting,just music girls like cause they think the guys are hot and guys like it cause the girls like it and dont know beter so "Omg synester gates is the best geetarist ever"
    Slipknot=Nu metal...a band thats so full of themselves when they have no right to be.With a bunch of fans that are usually teenage kids trying to rebel.
    A7X = Avenged Sevenfold, right? If so, I personally would say they are indeed a metal band. Same for Slipknot, Nu-Metal's still metal. Disturbed can be regarded as many things but I'd say they're just a regular metal band, too.

See, I don't like A7X at all, I personally think they're terrible, not a huge fan of Slipknot, either, due to how stupidly overrated they are (I know, it's retarded not to like a band just because they're famous but that's just the main reason I can't enjoy them thoroughly, there are more) and I'm quite indifferent as far as Disturbed goes, though I do listen to them every once in a while. I am aware what you fit into the metal "bag" is your personal choice but come on, if they're not metal what are they? Screamo? Hardcore? I think not.

I love Behemoth in general,the whole atmosphere they give,their lyrics and all...
    I hope they continue giving us more stuff!
    For me generally its more about Black Metal, like Burzum,Marduk,Darkthrone,Immortal and stuff like that.
    More Avantgarde stuff too,Solefald,Age of Silence and stuff like that...

Deleted
    Mostly listen to BFMV, Disturbed, Papa Roach and Dope. ^^' Listen to a lot of Punk bands too.. '.'

Deleted
    Everything Behemoth has ever released is quality stuff imo, although some might say new albums are overpolished but that's just personal preferences.

Talking about loud, The End on Thelema.6. Can remember a bunch of times falling semi-asleep with my headphones on and that raping my ears.

Edit: What do people think about Vesania btw? (symphonic black metal with Orion from Behemoth, Siegmar who's taken part on some Behemoth and Vader releases, Daray from Vader and Dimmu Borgir, Heinrich who plays in Decapitated atm.) I've always thought Firefrost Arcanum being a bit underrated or underappreciated.
    Here's what I could find from them with a quick look on youtube:
    Last edited by mmoc2abd8d08e4; 2011-08-25 at 01:29 PM.