Thread: [Music] Metal

Vesania in my opinion should be listened more,they have a lot to offer but noone seems to appreciate that.
    Check out Alghazanth if you like Vesania,i find quite a similarity between the two.

Deleted
    Both bands split up after their first album.

I can't believe no one linked this.

FUCKING AWESOME.

If you don't like the vocals, just repeat it once again. I can assure you it's addicting as hell.
    Awesome band is awesome ^^

wwwyoutubecom/watch?v=YyfUW3n6Gzg (someone post the link for me please, i removed dots)

Rebirth by Shadowmind

These guys started the band 5 months ago, and is not really yet known. Hit number 9 on the video list of metalvideo.com within 2 weeks after release of the video. Above Cradle of the Fifth and Trivium. Until now they've just got 4 songs: Rebirth, Wrath, Escape me and Redemption is Dead.

The whole band is from my hometown And I'd appriciate if you would spread the word, if you like it of course. Which I think you will.

The Gathering certainly deserve mentioning:

As do God Dethroned:

And Krisiun:

Last edited by nbm02ss; 2011-08-25 at 03:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    God Dethroned wrote some killer tracks. But on a whole, I'm glad they're quitting.

The Gathering hasn't been metal in ages, but are still an awesome and inspiring band.

As to Vesania, I listed ages ago to them and found them to be 'okay'. Fairly typical polish sound with a smattering of the more popular black metal bands from what I recall. Certainly not bad but nothing that made my ears perk up.

I'll share another little known band, Rakoth (Russia):

And something that seriously is as heavy as a ton o' bricks...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortaeron View Post
    Vesania in my opinion should be listened more,they have a lot to offer but noone seems to appreciate that.
    Check out Alghazanth if you like Vesania,i find quite a similarity between the two.
    I'd like to add Crionics and Hate to the must-check-out list. Vesania is a nice band by the way, however I feel that they can do more.

Nevertheless, to share something, some nice black metal:

And:

Fucking killer swedish black metal!

I'm wondering if anyone likes any Razorback bands?...Alot of their bands are pretty much either grind or death metal with heavy influence in the lyrics by 80's horror movies
    Adam: Lookin straight grizzly.
    Blake: Bitch betta have my honey.

Deleted
    Share some good stuff then! I'm interested.

Frightmare - Angela
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWz7QqoA68Y

Revolting - Human Exterminator
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSnxi...eature=related

Decrepitaph - Haunted Mausoleum
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xICla59mPjI

Hooded Menace - Fullfull The Curse
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUc230Sghc8

There's alot more bands on their roster but I like these bands the most.

Deleted
    If you like that typical Entombed guitar sound, here goes:

Oh, and one of my favourites, bit more of trash metal mixed with hardcore punk + slayer solo.

* edit, forgot one of the bands i listened to most the last few weeks:

Last edited by mmocaa030a30b1; 2011-08-25 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stabil View Post
    If you like that typical Entombed guitar sound, here goes:
    Oh, and one of my favourites, bit more of trash metal mixed with hardcore punk + slayer solo.
    I noticed alot of crust/hardcore bands using that tone. But I usually just stick to the newer throwback bands for that like Bastard Priest, Misamal and stuff like that. I like Trap Them but their older stuff is better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by solonglonesome View Post
    I noticed alot of crust/hardcore bands using that tone. But I usually just stick to the newer throwback bands for that like Bastard Priest, Misamal and stuff like that. I like Trap Them but their older stuff is better.
    Yeah, Trap Them's older stuff is great too, I've seen them 4-5 months back with Rotten Sound & Gaza, although I'm not much of a 'grindcore' fan.

Yeah, Trap Them's older stuff is great too, I've seen them 4-5 months back with Rotten Sound & Gaza, although I'm not much of a 'grindcore' fan.
    Rotten Sound uses that tone in a good way. Probably my favorite grind band ever. Their cover of Napalm Death's Suffer the Children is fantastic.

Deleted
    Rotten Sound uses that tone in a good way. Probably my favorite grind band ever. Their cover of Napalm Death's Suffer the Children is fantastic.
    Pig Destroyer here.

Pig Destroyer here.
    PxDx got worse as they went along, I don't think I've listened to anything after Prowler In The Yard.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    A7X = Avenged Sevenfold, right? If so, I personally would say they are indeed a metal band. Same for Slipknot, Nu-Metal's still metal. Disturbed can be regarded as many things but I'd say they're just a regular metal band, too.

See, I don't like A7X at all, I personally think they're terrible, not a huge fan of Slipknot, either, due to how stupidly overrated they are (I know, it's retarded not to like a band just because they're famous but that's just the main reason I can't enjoy them thoroughly, there are more) and I'm quite indifferent as far as Disturbed goes, though I do listen to them every once in a while. I am aware what you fit into the metal "bag" is your personal choice but come on, if they're not metal what are they? Screamo? Hardcore? I think not.
    Personal opinion i guess then.I still dont see them as metal and know quite a few others who feel the same.Screamo nor hardcore deserve the metal label eiter.Its pretty much all part of a fad of kids getting tattoos,gages and wanting to be loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Doriath View Post
    Personal opinion i guess then.I still dont see them as metal and know quite a few others who feel the same.Screamo nor hardcore deserve the metal label eiter.Its pretty much all part of a fad of kids getting tattoos,gages and wanting to be loud.
    It angers me when people use the screamo tag since it used to be an awesome form of music in the 90's and even now. But shitty teenagers have drug the genre through the mud. Rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluewhale View Post
    Everything Behemoth has ever released is quality stuff imo, although some might say new albums are overpolished but that's just personal preferences.

Talking about loud, The End on Thelema.6. Can remember a bunch of times falling semi-asleep with my headphones on and that raping my ears.

Edit: What do people think about Vesania btw? (symphonic black metal with Orion from Behemoth, Siegmar who's taken part on some Behemoth and Vader releases, Daray from Vader and Dimmu Borgir, Heinrich who plays in Decapitated atm.) I've always thought Firefrost Arcanum being a bit underrated or underappreciated.
    Here's what I could find from them with a quick look on youtube:
    Heard them for the first time about a year ago,some quality black metal.Orion is a beast in whatever he does.

---------- Post added 2011-08-25 at 09:33 PM ----------

It angers me when people use the screamo tag since it used to be an awesome form of music in the 90's and even now. But shitty teenagers have drug the genre through the mud. Rage.
    Screamo had quite a bit of a different meaning then,its shit now and is full of people id like to call posers.