Thread: [Music] Metal

Deleted
    Aptorian Demon sounds really nice.

Deleted

Can't wait to see them live this summer.

Deleted
    In Flames, Trivium, Lamb of God, Slipknot, Five Finger Death Punch, Slayer, Megadeth. well there is few of my favourites also saw all of those atleast once live

New Asphyx album? New Asphyx album:

Deleted
    Love those links Badpaladin, need to get my hands of some of those Post-metal albums now. You got any more similar bands to Agalloch / Alcest or ISIS?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaino View Post
    Love those links Badpaladin, need to get my hands of some of those Post-metal albums now. You got any more similar bands to Agalloch / Alcest or ISIS?
    Similar to ISIS --http://www.last.fm/music/Isis/+similar ((Neurosis pretty much invented the genre))
    Agalloch -- http://www.last.fm/music/Agalloch/+similar
    Alcest -- http://www.last.fm/music/Alcest/+similar

The links are pretty accurate here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaino View Post
    Try bands like:

Les Discrets
    Amesoeurs
    Deafheaven
    Cold Body Radiation
    Sun Devoured Earth
    Woods of Desolation (last album only)
    Austere (last album only)
    Wolves in the Throne Room
    Altar of Plagues
    Fen

These are black metal bands with post-rock or shoegaze influences with varying amounts of black metal in it (almost none in some while qutie a lot in others).

Deleted
    sweet, that lot should keep me busy for a while

Deleted

No metal thread is complete without Black Label Society.

Deleted
    Sorry for spamming the thread a lot, but I feel Belenos deserves a post. Quality black metal from France.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKCnobBoBfI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqsWJ56_GVk

Deleted
    Belenos are amazing!

New Earth album:

So goddamn smooth.

---------- Post added 2012-02-09 at 08:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    New Earth album:

So goddamn smooth.
    some weird stuff õ_o

Deleted
    Hey guys. So I'm currently in my funeral doom phase (which comes around once in a blue moon) and look for some great bands/albums to listen to. Maybe you guys could help me out and suggest some that you enjoyed. I'm what I guess you can call a more or less "seasoned" listener, so more unknown/obscure bands are very welcome.
    Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post
    Hey guys. So I'm currently in my funeral doom phase (which comes around once in a blue moon) and look for some great bands/albums to listen to. Maybe you guys could help me out and suggest some that you enjoyed. I'm what I guess you can call a more or less "seasoned" listener, so more unknown/obscure bands are very welcome.
    Thanks in advance!
    You've probably heard it, but Esoteric's Paragon of Dissonance was fucking incredible. Mournful Congregation, Ea and Comatose Vigil would probably round out my suggestions. I haven't heard much FDM, but I always like recommending Esoteric (heh). Also, even though it's not FDM I'd also suggest checking out the last two Corruption albums. They're Doom/Drone from hell.

---------- Post added 2012-02-09 at 05:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    some weird stuff õ_o
    Nothing wrong with Earth! They used to be a lot heavier, but ever since their main musical inspiration rejoined the band in the 2000's they've taken a far more atmospheric turn with some inherent grooviness.

Deleted
    Check Ahab, Evoken, Skepticism for funeral doom. Not the biggest fan of that genre but I've enjoyed stuff from those 3 for sure.

Edit: I guess if you've listened to a lot of funeral doom, those 3 are pretty obvious suggestions, sorry.
    Last edited by mmoc2abd8d08e4; 2012-02-10 at 02:29 AM.

You've probably heard it, but Esoteric's Paragon of Dissonance was fucking incredible. Mournful Congregation, Ea and Comatose Vigil would probably round out my suggestions. I haven't heard much FDM, but I always like recommending Esoteric (heh). Also, even though it's not FDM I'd also suggest checking out the last two Corruption albums. They're Doom/Drone from hell.

---------- Post added 2012-02-09 at 05:35 PM ----------

Nothing wrong with Earth! They used to be a lot heavier, but ever since their main musical inspiration rejoined the band in the 2000's they've taken a far more atmospheric turn with some inherent grooviness.
    oh sorry i didn't mean the song, that was quite amuzing, i mean the video itself haha

---------- Post added 2012-02-10 at 03:12 AM ----------

i love this song *_*

chorus sounds like an orchestra ! so beautiful !

Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post
    Thanks in advance!
    Well if you're seasoned not sure if there's anything I've heard that you haven't but whatever, I'll take a stab at it:

Speaking of all things slowed down, and because it was on the right hand side, I really -really- wish Nile did more stuff like this....I might actually listen to them:

Last edited by nbm02ss; 2012-02-10 at 04:10 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluewhale View Post
    Check Ahab, Evoken, Skepticism for funeral doom. Not the biggest fan of that genre but I've enjoyed stuff from those 3 for sure.

Edit: I guess if you've listened to a lot of funeral doom, those 3 are pretty obvious suggestions, sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Well if you're seasoned not sure if there's anything I've heard that you haven't but whatever, I'll take a stab at it:
    Thanks for all those suggestions you guys, but unfortunately I am already familiar with all of them. Thank you anyway for taking the time to help me out!

Deleted
    Best funeral doom I've ever heard, beats everything.