Thread: [Music] Metal

Deleted
    There is alot of metalcore in this thread as far as i can see, sadly. :P

I just cant call metalcore for a metal-genre, and no i dont want to start this discussion. Its just my opinion.

Anyway,

1. Wintersun, at all times. Only released 2 albums so far, but im NEVER getting tired of the songs, its just impossible. Its the best band by far.
    2. Alot of bands here, Dalriada, Fejd, Equilibrium, Ensiferum, Finntroll, Galar, Kalmah, Istapp, Moonsorrow, Svartby, LIK, Svartsot etc etc.

Mostly scandinavian bands and germans. Europe's the only ones who can do good music, kinda. :P

Wintersun - Death and the healing:

LIK - Death breeder

Deleted
    Shush, metalcore is awesome :P

Got this album like two days ago, wanted to acquire it in physical for quite some time.
    Awesomeness guaranteed.

Also, just listened through the new Rosetta and it is very very good. Absolutely noninventive and "generic" (O' god, I hate that term) but whatever, "Hodoku/Compassion" is some srsly good shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Uldreth View Post
    Shush, metalcore is awesome :P
    I don't know about that..there are exceptions, of course, but most metalcore bands make my head hurt and i don't have that problem with any other genre of metal and i listen to all sorts, including death and black
    Not sure if i can post videos yet, but here's something

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nyctre10 View Post
    I don't know about that..there are exceptions, of course, but most metalcore bands make my head hurt and i don't have that problem with any other genre of metal and i listen to all sorts, including death and black
    How about some Adept?

Or some Parkway Drive?

Deleted

Amia Venera Landscape is also excellent metalcore.

10+ Year Old Account
    All the metalcore I'll ever need:

Deleted
    Funny because I like many melodic metalcore bands that imitate this album, but this album, not so much. Not bad by any stretch, but I consider their first two LPs to be among the best OSDM albums ever made and SotS to be so "bland" by comparison.

Anyways, still can't stop listening to this.

Deleted

I approve of posting old At The Gates.

Why can't most OSDM be as good as this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goriq View Post
    Everything At the Gates released post The Red in the Sky is Ours is melodic death metal imo. They basically founded that genre.
    I know, I was basically saying I don't care about metalcore since most of it rips off At The Gates anyway.

Deleted
    I also really like some old albums by Edge of Sanity, Demigod's Slumber of Sullen Eyes and Darkthrone's Soulside Journey, but that's about it for me, rest of the genre bores me massively.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    I know, I was basically saying I don't care about metalcore since most of it rips off At The Gates anyway.
    When I posted about metalcore in this thread, I was referring to the whole genre though, including older substyles that have nothing to do with Gothenburg.

Deleted
    some excellent atmospheric Black from down under:

Deleted
    Holy cow, the new single of DT is awesome!

Deleted
    Funny because I like many melodic metalcore bands that imitate this album, but this album, not so much. Not bad by any stretch, but I consider their first two LPs to be among the best OSDM albums ever made and SotS to be so "bland" by comparison.

Anyways, still can't stop listening to this.

Rosetta
    Is that the same Rosetta that i'm thinking? i.e. Wake, Departé etc...

If so I never expected something that soft from them. I know that the instrumental is very similar to their overall style but dem vocals.
    Last edited by mmoc6a25ff8f76; 2013-08-08 at 09:36 PM.

I've loved them ever since I was 10 :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kame Guru View Post
    Is that the same Rosetta that i'm thinking? i.e. Wake, Departé etc...

If so I never expected something that soft from them. I know that the instrumental is very similar to their overall style but dem vocals.
    Yes it is the same.

Most of the songs on the album are more in vein with their previous stuff, I posted this because it is my favourite off the album nontheless. I think they really manage to do those ethereal cleans very well.

15+ Year Old Account
    My personal favorite of the newest album by Arch Enemy

The guitar work during the solo has a lot of feeling.

was going to show my second favorite as well, but the video for it is a little controversial and I'd prefer not to derail the thread.
    I had a cool sig... then photobucket ate my pics and now its borked. :/ oh wells...

Deleted
    Yes it is the same.

Most of the songs on the album are more in vein with their previous stuff, I posted this because it is my favourite off the album nontheless. I think they really manage to do those ethereal cleans very well.
    Yeah, just had a listen to a Ryu/Tradition and all I could think was "Determinism of Morality".

Also that album cover is fucking fantastic, new desktop background for certain!
    Last edited by mmoc6a25ff8f76; 2013-08-08 at 10:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kame Guru View Post
    Yeah, just had a listen to a Ryu/Tradition and all I could think was "Determinism of Morality".

Also that album cover is fucking fantastic, new desktop background for certain!
    Agreed. The cover was seem to getting backlash in popular opinion but I do not get it why. I love the atmosphere and feelings the cover projects, and their new logo is awesome as well.
    I like the album title too, it seems to fit the music's feel a lot.
    I heard the lyrics will be released with the album's physical release and I'd definitely love to read what is the album about.