Thread: [Music] Metal

10+ Year Old Account
    Been listening to The Agonist's new album over and over...

It's not Alissa, it's not as lyrically brilliant and innovative, but they still managed to hold their sound together overall. I like the album enough. Favorite song is definitely Faceless Messenger.

On the other hand, I hated Arch Enemy's latest album with Alissa, it sounded exactly the same as everything since Doomsday Machine. They need to give her more authority over the lyrics and stop being so monotone.

New Six Feet Under, "Open Coffin Orgy" is kinda badass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nightwish with Amorphis and Arch Enemy coming to Germany.. is this what heaven feels like?

10+ Year Old Account

Discovery of the year so far.

I really liked the new Leviathan, it's exactly the kind of album I'd hoped I would get. It has some of his best written material imo, especially All Tongues Inward and Within Thrall, but it also had some small filler parts. Still a great record, it holds its ground against Massive Conspiracy, Tentacles of Whorror etc.

About the new Enslaved, I didn't listen to it thoroughly yet, but it felt a bit bland at parts. Feels like probably their second worst album after Vertebrae, but it may yet grow on me, kinda need to listen to it more.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2015-03-05 at 09:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This hit me like a 20 ton truck after not having listened to it for like half a year, I hope it has the same effect on you:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goriq View Post
    I'd definitely like to hear something more straightforward.
    Here you go

More straight forward, with banjo, slide guitar and guest vocals.

Just got around to this Nervous Impulse record; it is absolutely disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account

On the topic of Christ Barnes, "The Bleeding" is the only thing Cannibal Corpse and Barnes have done that I dig. It's actually one of my favorite Death Metal albums:

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    This hit me like a 20 ton truck after not having listened to it for like half a year, I hope it has the same effect on you:

I think that's probably my favorite song. I only stop by the forums every so often so I may have missed this but no love for the new solefald?

We talked about it briefly a few pages ago. Aside from the track you linked I didn't really enjoy the album all that much, tbh.
    Yeah they're for sure not everyone's cup of tea. For me I would think other than "The Liner Scaffold" and "Norrøn Livskunst" none of their albums have been love at first listen, the rest of them are ones that have grown on me. I just love that it really seems like they just make the music they want to. Not to be metal, or wacky, or progressive they just do what they want.

That nullingroots stuff is definitely neat. Vocals could add something for sure, but they could also ruin it if they had the wrong singer (like any music obviously)

10+ Year Old Account
    It had a few interestingly weird tracks here and there, but overall it felt kinda redundant to me (new Solefald). It was nowhere near the quality of their older stuff.

New DHG is on my to-do list, after the latest Deathtrip cd (which was quite great) I'm sensing some really strong hype about this. Also, I highly recommend Ghost Bath's and Enforcer's new albums, top tier stuff for their genres respectively.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2015-03-09 at 01:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd imagine that a vocalist like the one Deafheaven has would fit them, since the music sounds pretty similiar.

The latest Solefald album is the first I ever listened to, I didn't know them before they released that album. I might go back and listen to their older stuff at some point to see if something of it is more to my liking.
    Then start with the Linear Scaffold and Neonism, their two finest imo.

~RAWR!

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.hs.fi/mainos/advertoriaali/nightwish/

New Nightwish
    (No Keylogger, it's safe)

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Then start with the Linear Scaffold and Neonism, their two finest imo.
    I love Solefald's "The Linear Scaffold". I had to go and listen to "When the Moon is on the Wave", the track from the Byron poem with insane vocals.

But then I had to listen to "Alone" by Arcturus, the Poe poem set to music. It's one of my favourite tracks of all time. I find myself singing it in the shower a lot. I'd link it if I could.

Both these albums came out in 1997, lol. I grow old.

Deleted
    ELUVEITIE - Inis Mona
    Well can't post links and videos, definently check on youtube

Deleted
    New Nightwish if you guys are into that.

http://www.hs.fi/mainos/advertoriaali/nightwish/

Pretty solid.

Woot Nightwish!

I've been an Eluveitie fan for a long time now. I really loved the more recent concept albums (Helvetios and Origins).

First song that comes to mind when I think of my favorite Eluveitie song.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2015-03-13 at 01:54 PM.

Oh shit, Powerwolf is working on a new album for summer 2015! No solid news whatsoever yet though. It is apparently old news now, but I just found out for the first time. Add that to my list of most anticipated 2015 releases. This is looking to be a really good year.

https://www.facebook.com/powerwolfme..._fb_noscript=1